Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"You can't feel sorry for nobody." ...except the NFL players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You can't feel sorry for nobody." ...except the NFL players.

From The Denver Post:

" "You can't feel sorry for nobody in the NFL," Broncos defensive tackle Gerard Warren said. "

We often talk about professional athlete public behavior. To improve the common pro athlete's public performance, the NFL should enact an entrance test for its players and team personnel who might be in the public eye. I'm tired of hearing these multi-million dollar pro's talk with the eloquence of a 2nd grader.

We want better, we pay for it, and the teams should deliver. I'd be willing to give up the "abilities" of a moron like Terrel Owens just to listen to a player talk with the education of an adult.

So are you happy with his comments or upset with them?
    “Brevity is the soul of wit” – William Shakespeare

Comment

Originally posted by jtomasik
      From The Denver Post:

" "You can't feel sorry for nobody in the NFL," Broncos defensive tackle Gerard Warren said. "

We often talk about professional athlete public behavior. To improve the common pro athlete's public performance, the NFL should enact an entrance test for its players and team personnel who might be in the public eye. I'm tired of hearing these multi-million dollar pro's talk with the eloquence of a 2nd grader.

We want better, we pay for it, and the teams should deliver. I'd be willing to give up the "abilities" of a moron like Terrel Owens just to listen to a player talk with the education of an adult.

You do have a good point but, most of them are supposedly getting an education in college? Right? If they accept boosts & favors through their lives just to make the big money in the NFL because of their athletic abilities, then they are sadly mistaken. Most don't even play for 10 seasons. Last year I heard that Clarence Kay was working in a Grease Monkey!? I think it should be the entire education system to filter this-not the NFL.
      Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

From The Denver Post:

STOP BEING A COMPLETE ARSE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003

ARSE??????
          Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

From The Denver Post:

Every job in world requires a person to focus on a different skill set....Gerrard decided at some point in his life to become a professional football player, a job that does not require him to understand the ins and outs of the English language but to have an understanding of CONVERSTATIONAL ENGLISH. That means, that if you understand what he says, then he is doing fine. He's good at what he does (making quarterback shaped imprints in football fields), lets not burn him on a pyre as a warning to all those who use double negatives

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
              I love the English.....no beating around the bush.

Comment

Originally posted by OC1981
                I love the English.....no beating around the bush.
                thanx bro

i just thought he made a very snobby and unneccessary comment

remember - 'it aint not what he says but what he does not not do that matters'

let them talk how they talk, we ALL have that right.

Comment

Wow, I'd hate to hear what you have to say about Mike Tyson, he makes Warren sound like a Rhodes Scholar!

made by snk16

Comment

From The Denver Post:

Do you really think, in their realm of millions, that they care about how the public percieves their levels of intelligence.

You pay ticket prices, therefore NFL players should speak correctly...that's a load a' bull.

Entrance test, hey, they did graduate from college...right? No matter how corny their degree, they still went through college. And besides, I'm pretty sure the average football GM doesn't care how stupid someone is when they can bull-over a 300 pound lineman.

I'm sure you're tired of hearing it, so why don't you just quit, cuz it isn't gonna stop anytime soon...

Oh, and when you say "these multi-million dollar pro's," you're referring to pretty much all black athletes. I mean, seriously, unless they're name is Jason Williams (NBA) or Ben Rothlisberger, white athletes don't "talk" that way. That's just the way it is, and it's just fine. It's not killing anyone or frying their brains, it's gonna be ok.

Comment

he is straight-up thuggin...just look at his nickname "G-Money"

If that doesn't scream gangsta at you, what does ?

Thanks Snk

Comment

Originally posted by OC1981
                        Every job in world requires a person to focus on a different skill set....Gerrard decided at some point in his life to become a professional football player, a job that does not require him to understand the ins and outs of the English language but to have an understanding of CONVERSTATIONAL ENGLISH. That means, that if you understand what he says, then he is doing fine. He's good at what he does (making quarterback shaped imprints in football fields), lets not burn him on a pyre as a warning to all those who use double negatives
                        Thank you, this guy needs to get outta his bubble...

Comment

Just what is proper english? I'm sure in the suburbs of denver the language is what your perception of it is. In his community of lake city florida I'm sure the common talk was a bit different. He is a brotha from flo da, so if a few words are not "proper" that does not mean he is any less educated than you or anyone else. He just speaks differntly than you. So his urban vernacular is not up to your "better" version of the english language. I'm sure you come to his neighborhood and you would be ridiculed and looked at strangly for the way you speak.
                          2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Comment

From The Denver Post:

I care more about their talent and performance far more than I do their thinking ability and coice of words, sorry.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

From The Denver Post:

What the heck are you...an english teacher??? This is a retarded post in my opinion. This is my favorite part....We want better, we pay for it, and the teams should deliver....are we paying for them to be able to speak properly or to play football???

I owe Jaws a CP..

Comment

Working...
                              X