Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanny Files: Game 11

Whew, the weeks are going by fast.

10 weeks down and we are looking pretty good. We are 8-2, last year at this time we were 7-3, but played .500 ball the last six games.
    A note of caution in that the three teams we lost to in the final 6 last year were @KC, @SD & to Oak at home. This year we get a chance to correct that by beating those teams in those same places to prove we are the best in the west!
    We are in the driver's seat and it looks like we're on Playoff Road.

Before we try to wrap up the west we need to deal with Dallas, so lets take a look at things.

Shanny sports a 6-4 record when we play our 11th game of a the season.

Of the 6 wins 4 were home and two were away.
    Of the 4 losses 3 were home and 1 was away

Or stated another way we were 4-3 at home & 2-1 away

We have played the Cowboys 3 times, once at home and twice away.

We lost @ Dallas in '95 Shannys first season in Denver and his first away game.
    He redeemed himself by humiliating them in 98 in the second game of the season

We last played them in 2001 on Thanksgiving, we wore our throwbacks that day and Mike Anderson was awarded the Iron Man award as we beat the Cowboys who were being quaterbacked that day by Ryan Leaf.

I believe ESPN said Shanny has a .750 winning percentage in November, highest among active coaches.

So here is hoping that we get the "W", we stay healthy and that everyone here has a Happy Thanksgiving.

GO BRONCOS!!!!
    Last edited by Elway; 11-21-2005, 08:41 PM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

This is my "most looked forward to" game of the season since I despise the Cowboys as much, or more, than the Raiders.
    That's how I seduced my wife, a life long Giants fan.

And the latest player to be bought for the right price from Boston....

Johnny Damon

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBroncoMan
      This is my "most looked forward to" game of the season since I despise the Cowboys as much, or more, than the Raiders.
      That's how I seduced my wife, a life long Giants fan.
      Well she is a football fan so that is not so bad, now that you have seduced her, you need to convert her over to Bronco Nation!

I love being able to watch us play Thursday, just don't like us being on the road on a short week. We have played well so I hope we can leave there with a big "W" and some Turkey legs.
      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
        Well she is a football fan so that is not so bad, now that you have seduced her, you need to convert her over to Bronco Nation!

I love being able to watch us play Thursday, just don't like us being on the road on a short week. We have played well so I hope we can leave there with a big "W" and some Turkey legs.
        Hopefully I can stay awake after all that turkey .

PS Elway: Thanks for banning Bill Parcells...
        My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

I had forgotten that leaf had gone there.... hahahaha...

Thanks for the info as always, Elway....
          Thanks, Reid!
          sigpic
          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

DALLAS is 12-3 ATS in home games when playing with 6 or less days rest over the last 3 seasons.

All games in this series since 1992
            DENVER is 3-1 against the spread versus DALLAS since 1992
            DALLAS is 2-2 straight up against DENVER since 1992
            4 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL since 1992

All games played at DALLAS since 1992
            DALLAS is 1-1 against the spread versus DENVER since 1992
            DALLAS is 1-1 straight up against DENVER since 1992
            2 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL since 1992

Denver is currently favored by 2 by many oddsmakers with the over/under at 41.5/42. Many places opened with Dallas favored by as much as 1.5, but heavy action on Denver's side has obviously flipped the line.

With regard to this situation...

As indicated by the movement of the line, the betting public is favoring DENVER in this game
            The betting public is correct when moving the money line in DENVER games 49.4% of the time since 1992. (82-84)
            The betting public is correct when moving the money line in DENVER games 56.2% of the time over the past 3 seasons. (18-14)

I always look forward to the "Shanny Files".
            Winter is Coming!

Comment

In my family we were brought up to hate Dallas. My father took me to my first Giants game when I was a child back in the 60's and it was fun to boo the Cowboys. He always said that a good day was when the Giants won and the Cowboys lost.

I became a Broncos fan in '77. Then I had to grit my teeth all during the 90's when the Cowboys were winning those championships, but it's a long road that has no turning, and the Cowboys have SUCKED now for about 10 years. They get in the playoffs, then regress. They're good, then they fall apart.

We can start them on their way to another losing season by beating them on Thursday.

Don't load up on too much turkey! You gotta' be UP for this game!!!!

From Bang's Cartoon Archive: Hoedown:

"Oh, we all love the Cowboys
              I am their biggest fan
              My basement is a shrine to Tom Landry and Tex Schramm
              O, we all love the Cowboys
              The Cowboys are my life
              And when they lose I hit the booze
              And slap around my wife!
              YEE HAW!!!!"
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Elway as always.

The best part about this Thursday is that I will get to watch this game before work.

Let's kick some butt Broncos!!

Comment

Thanks for all the info on the Shanny files

This is a big game for me because my brother and several of my friends are all huge Cowgirls fans. I have been looking foreward to this game since the schedule came out. I can't wait to see both the offense and defense show the Cowboys how we roll in the AFC West. Thanksgiving dinner at the folks house is gonna be sweet when I can bust my bro's chops after another big Broncos win.

Comment

I haven't had a chance to post in a while due to school and work but the information on the "Shanny Files" is interesting.

This is a tough game this week. I think we can due it as long as our dline (thank you Browns) can harrass Bledsoe all day. Broncos 24-17

Another Great Contribution by SNK16!

We're coming Indy!

Comment

Great info Elway, thanks for taking the time for us!

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                      ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Love to Ya

Originally posted by Elway
                        Whew, the weeks are going by fast.

I believe ESPN said Shanny has a .750 winning percentage in November, highest among active coaches.

So here is hoping that we get the "W", we stay healthy and that everyone here has a Happy Thanksgiving.

GO BRONCOS!!!!
                        Here is to a good game and a BIG "W".

Thanks Elway for the info and taking the time to post.
                        BRONCOS RULE !!

Comment

Ryan Leaf???? Wow - I remember the throwbacks that day but I honestly forgot that loser was their QB.

Comment

Working...
                          X