2 Broncos included in HoF semifinalists:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Broncos included in HoF semifinalists:

Randy Gradishar and Gary Zimmerman - no luck on Atwater.

Here's the press release.

CANTON, Ohio -- Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman and perennial All-Pro defensive end Reggie White head a list of 25 semifinalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The board of selectors chose them from a list of 112 preliminary nominees, the hall said Tuesday. A list of 15 finalists will be announced in mid-January.

The class of 2006 will be determined at the selection committee's annual meeting Feb. 4 in Detroit, the day before the Super Bowl.

The list of 25 will be reduced by mail ballot to 13 modern-era candidates. The list will increase to 15 finalist nominees with the inclusion of the two recommended candidates of the hall's seniors committee.

This year, they are former Oakland Raiders coach John Madden, and former Cowboys tackle Rayfield Wright.

Aikman led the Cowboys to three Super Bowl victories and was selected to six straight Pro Bowls.

White, who died last December, finished second in career sacks with 198 and was a two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year. White, who spent 15 seasons with Philadelphia, Green Bay and Carolina, was elected to the Pro Bowl a record 13 straight times from 1986-98.

Other modern-era semifinalists are linebackers Harry Carson, Randy Gradishar and Derrick Thomas; center Dermontti Dawson; running back Thurman Thomas; wide receivers Michael Irvin, Andre Reed and Art Monk; defensive ends Fred Dean, Richard Dent, L.C. Greenwood and Claude Humphrey; quarterbacks Warren Moon and Ken Stabler; guards Russ Grimm and Bob Kuechenberg; offensive tackle Gary Zimmerman; cornerbacks Lester Hayes and Roger Wehrli; punter Ray Guy; club owners Art Modell and Ralph Wilson, Jr., and administrator George Young.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Man some big names in there... I am not to hopeful... I wonder why... cause they are anti-Broncos that's why!

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of those bills players that had such success thurman thomas and reed make it in..definetly deserving..also..reggie white..big loss of the league greats and hope to see him aswell....
      sigpic
      When you wanna win the game you gotta play it Bucc_Nasty!!
      ^^THX SNK^^^^
      You Da Man

Comment

Good to hear. I'm hopeful they will get in. We still need Atwater. I'm sure once he appears on the ballot he will get enough votes.
        Emancipate your mind!
        The People's Poster

Comment

I personally give my 5 make-believe votes to:

Aikman
          White
          Gradishar
          Reed

and finally...

RAY GUY!!! He had so much hangtime and was so accurate.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

My votes would be for
            Troy Aikman
            Reggie White
            Randy Gradishire
            Art Monk
            and Andre Reed
            "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
            R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

Aikman and White are gaurenteed imo.

Reed, Thurman Thomas, Warren Moon and Monk, although all had good careers, aren't going to make it.

Zimmerman should have been in years ago, and I would like to see him finally make it.

Gradishar I like obvisously, but I don't think he'll make it.

Irvin I think has a chance.

Lastly, I hope to high heaven that Art Modell never gets in. I have no respect for the guy after what he did to the Browns.
              Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass
                Aikman and White are gaurenteed imo.

Reed, Thurman Thomas, Warren Moon and Monk, although all had good careers, aren't going to make it.

Zimmerman should have been in years ago, and I would like to see him finally make it.

Gradishar I like obvisously, but I don't think he'll make it.

Irvin I think has a chance.

Lastly, I hope to high heaven that Art Modell never gets in. I have no respect for the guy after what he did to the Browns.
                Reed, Thurman Thomas, and Warren Moon will definatly get in. Eventually. Art Monk SHOULD get in. The people that say "no" are the ones that look at stats and stats only. They want to look at football stats like you do baseball stats. Art's presence and career was more than just "stats" on a piece of paper.

Comment

Atwater should eventualy get his. Not that he had the blistering numbers, or more noteriety than others. It's for the great moments (ok hits) that he placed in NFL History.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
                    Randy Gradishar and Gary Zimmerman - no luck on Atwater.

Here's the press release.

Gradishar has to get in.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Givens:
                      Reggie White
                      Troy Aikman (gag)
                      Derrick Thomas
                      Dermontti Dawson

Second tier probables:
                      Michael Irvin
                      Thurman Thomas
                      Andre Reed
                      Warren Moon
                      Ray Guy

Comment

The fact that Meckelberger (sp) is not in and that the Broncos only have one in the HoF (seriously, just ONE, out of hundreds of players), sometimes makes me think the ballot voting is biased.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                        - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
                          The fact that Meckelberger (sp) is not in and that the Broncos only have one in the HoF (seriously, just ONE, out of hundreds of players), sometimes makes me think the ballot voting is biased.
                          Frankly, I would have to agree...

Comment

If Derrick Thomas does not get in, that is the biggest garbage ever. Yes he was a cheif, but he was a legend. 2 games of at least 6 sacks is unreal. He holds the record with seven sacks in a single game and is argueably the best pass rushing LB after LT.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Gradishar should go now. Zimmerman still has time.

I can't believe we only have one Bronco in the HoF, we should have more at this point

:salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X