ESPN Insider CB Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Insider CB Rankings

"The Denver Broncos can take their gold medal with Champ Bailey leading the way. He has five interceptions already, tying his single-season high. He's really turned the corner since his poor performance against Terrell Owens earlier in the season, when Owens had three catches for 154 yards, including a 91-yard touchdown. Bailey has covered some of the top receivers in the game this year and has performed extremely well. He can regain his position as an individual platinum guy with help from a healthy Lenny Walls and Darrent Williams. Bailey has played hurt this year, so you have to also give him some credit for that."

Has this guy even watched the Broncos this year? Bad performance against TO earlier in the season? That was just a couple of weeks ago...Champ has been playing solid before and since TO got the better of him.

I swear, if you're going to do a piece on all of the teams at least do the leg work involved with it. Clearly the guy has no idea Lenny is off the team, but part of being a writer (sports or otherwise) is doing the research to back up the claims made in your article. I really need to cancel ESPN Insider and find something a little less lame.

Originally posted by SimonSteele
    "The Denver Broncos can take their gold medal with Champ Bailey leading the way. He has five interceptions already, tying his single-season high. He's really turned the corner since his poor performance against Terrell Owens earlier in the season, when Owens had three catches for 154 yards, including a 91-yard touchdown. Bailey has covered some of the top receivers in the game this year and has performed extremely well. He can regain his position as an individual platinum guy with help from a healthy Lenny Walls and Darrent Williams. Bailey has played hurt this year, so you have to also give him some credit for that."

Has this guy even watched the Broncos this year? Bad performance against TO earlier in the season? That was just a couple of weeks ago...Champ has been playing solid before and since TO got the better of him.

I swear, if you're going to do a piece on all of the teams at least do the leg work involved with it. Clearly the guy has no idea Lenny is off the team, but part of being a writer (sports or otherwise) is doing the research to back up the claims made in your article. I really need to cancel ESPN Insider and find something a little less lame.
    I really don't understand. Both he and you seem to think Champ had a bad game against T.O. In fact, Champ had a good game. He was beaten on a couple plays by the best receiver in football. Since when is the best CB in football not going to "win some, lose some" to the best WR in football? Do two plays comprise a game? I would expect it from an idiot like that guy.

But I have a higher opinion of you.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
      I really don't understand. Both he and you seem to think Champ had a bad game against T.O. In fact, Champ had a good game. He was beaten on a couple plays by the best receiver in football. Since when is the best CB in football not going to "win some, lose some" to the best WR in football? Do two plays comprise a game? I would expect it from an idiot like that guy.

But I have a higher opinion of you.

-----
      I'm sorry, I can see it looks like I meant Champ had a bad game when in fact I certainly do not think he did. I don't think Champ has played poorly once all year and especially considering his injuries it is amazing how well he does. I personally believe he is the reason our rookie corners (who no doubt are extremely talented) are playing so well so early. Sorry!

Comment

I think Champ without a hammy problem makes a tackle that puts TO at 3 catches for maybe 60 yards. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

Nice to see a *mostly* complimentary article for a deserving player

Comment

Yea, he lost all credibility when he mentioned lenny walls.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Good thing Lenny Walls is still on out team.
            visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Comment

Yeah that writer is confused Most of those writers never watch as many games as we guys do. I realized from a thread that I watch over 75 games a season. I'm talking the entire game. Not skimming.

My son Lenny already left my nest. We played Eagles two games ago. Champ doesn't need a writer like this on his side.......it makes him look bad.
              Emancipate your mind!
              The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                Yeah that writer is confused Most of those writers never watch as many games as we guys do. I realized from a thread that I watch over 75 games a season. I'm talking the entire game. Not skimming.
                Still, If you are going to write an aricle about a team, know whos on the roster.
                visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Comment

LOL, writers are idiots. Champ has become what we expected him to be with the trade with CP. 5 Ints is awesome, who was the last CB to have 5+ ints on our team??
                  vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator

My son Lenny already left my nest. We played Eagles two games ago. Champ doesn't need a writer like this on his side.......it makes him look bad.
                    You're not alone E. I was quite amazed to find I watch that many games myself. The funniest part is that the season still seems to fly by and when it's over I ask myself, "where did the season go, it hardly seems like I watched any games at all"

I guess when you love football as much as we do, it goes by pretty quick, just like anything else you're involved in.
                    I can't even imagine how bad it would be if I watched college ball.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogRed
                      Still, If you are going to write an aricle about a team, know whos on the roster.
                      Oh you are definitely right. I thought I made that clear. My intentions were to say those writers don't know half of what they write. I don't give much weight to those writers. I give higher weight to some of the posters here. The ones I feel watch football and have a good understanding of the game. Not just the rooters.
                      Emancipate your mind!
                      The People's Poster

Comment

NO Mention of FOXWORTH????

and for Eric Allen to claim that Lenny Walls will somehow be a factor for Denver is such a slap in the face of Broncos' fans who actually pay to read the insider! Eric Allen should stick to TV and NEVER write another column/article AGAIN!!!!!

Comment

Yeah I read that and that was the firt thing I noticed too. Lenny Walls?!?! These so-called experts usually have no clue what they are talking about. They steal material from each other and keep rehashing the same stuff over and over without actually doing any research themselves. Idiots...
                          The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Not like anyone cares but I found out who the last was to have 5 +, it was back in the 2001-2002 season by Deltha O'Neal with 9

Denver Broncos
                            Passing (5 Att) Att Cmp Pct Yds TD Rate
                            Brian Griese 451 275 61.0 2827 23 78.5
                            Gus Frerotte 48 30 62.5 308 3 101.7
                            Jarious Jackson* 12 7 58.3 73 0 76.0

Interceptions: Griese 19.
                            Top Receivers No Yds Avg Long TD
                            Rod Smith 113 1343 11.9 65-td 11
                            Desmond Clark 51 566 11.1 39 6
                            Dwayne Carswell 34 299 8.8 25 4
                            Patrick Hape 15 96 6.4 25 3
                            Terrell Davis 12 69 5.8 16 0

Top Rushers Car Yds Avg Long TD
                            Terrell Davis 167 701 4.2 57 0
                            Mike Anderson 175 678 3.9 62-td 4
                            Olandis Gary 57 228 4.0 29 1
                            Brian Griese 50 173 3.5 24 1

Most Touchdowns TD Run Rec Ret Pts
                            Rod Smith 11 0 11 0 68
                            Desmond Clark 6 0 6 0 36
                            Mike Anderson 4 4 0 0 26
                            Dwayne Carswell 4 0 4 0 26
                            Patrick Hape 3 0 3 0 18

2-Pt. Conversions: (3-4) Anderson, Carswell, R. Smith.
                            Kicking PAT/Att FG/Att Lg Pts
                            Jason Elam 31/31 31/36 50 124

Punts (10 or more) No Yds Long Avg In20
                            Tom Rouen 81 3668 64 45.3 25

Most Interceptions
                            Deltha O'Neal 9

Most Sacks
                            Trevor Pryce 7
                            Bill Romanowski 7
                            vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by So.CalBRONCOFAN
                              Not like anyone cares but I found out who the last was to have 5 +, it was back in the 2001-2002 season by Deltha O'Neal with 9
                              Yep, and he had 4 in that one game against the Chiefs. That was quite a show. It's really too bad that we couldn't fix his confidence issues and get him back on track while he was with us.

As for Champ, he struggled a bit with his hamstring, obviously. But he has played well overall. But Champ with a bum hamstring covering Owens was a tough situation. I sure would like to see him 100% again.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
                              X