Ron Dayne to see time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Dayne to see time?

News: According to the Denver Post, Tatum Bell's availability for Thanksgiving Day will be determined by Tuesday's practice. Coach Mike Shanahan said Bell "was pretty sore" Monday when he received treatment. Bell departed a 27-0 victory over the Jets on Sunday early and did not return.

Analysis: If Bell is unable to go, Ron Dayne could be called upon to be Mike Anderson's backup.

I got this off my fantasy football homepage. If anyone has a link feel free to post it.

Thanks Adrenaline. I haven't crossed paths with you lately. It is always great to see your post. I hope Bell plays.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

I would expect to see Daynes use to be severely limited if he does play. He just doesn't quite have the speed of Bell that makes the 1-2 system work, so likely Anderson will take the bulk of the carries.
      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
        I would expect to see Daynes use to be severely limited if he does play. He just doesn't quite have the speed of Bell that makes the 1-2 system work, so likely Anderson will take the bulk of the carries.
        True... but I wouldn't be surprised if he would to get as many carries as Bell would have had. This way it keeps MA fresh. Having another set of fresh powerful legs in the game always makes things nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
          Thanks Adrenaline. I haven't crossed paths with you lately. It is always great to see your post. I hope Bell plays.
          Thanks for the reply I too hope bell plays, he adds a little spark to our offense.

Comment

well....

i think Dayne will do jus fine, i dont know why u guys are so worried. dayne is still hungry from week 2, and with him and Ma pounding the rock, there will be more big plays happening than when u see Bell in the game. With Bell its either homerun or strike out. and he's been striking out lately, he doenst have the power of Dayne and MA to wear down the defense. look for our running game to even more effective. The Boys will be dead tired of tackling these 2 brusiers early.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

I like Ron Dayne because he brings a heisman trophy winner to the team. Honestly, what other franchise can say they have had the greatest QB and WR ever play on the same team in a respected period (Elway and Rice) and also have a Heisman winner. Ron Dayne's the man.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

News on Bell and more!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=4951

Comment

yup..

Originally posted by Elway1983
                  I like Ron Dayne because he brings a heisman trophy winner to the team. Honestly, what other franchise can say they have had the greatest QB and WR ever play on the same team in a respected period (Elway and Rice) and also have a Heisman winner. Ron Dayne's the man.

not only that, Elway1983. Dayne is still hungry for pt, and sorta has a chip on his shoulder. he definetly wants to get out there and show people he can play in this league, and he has done excellent when given his chances.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Doesn't he have fumbleitis?

Comment

What!!!!!!!

Originally posted by psychobilly
                      Doesn't he have fumbleitis?

who Dayne? Hell no. He hasnt fumbled since pre season of 2002. trust me this guy knows how to hold on to the ball.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

I bet...

Some Cecil Sapp for sure.......if we are running the ball that is...
                        sigpic

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983

i dont think it is accurate to say that rice played for the broncos. he tried out for, and did not make, the broncos.
                          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

If Bell can't go, Dayne will get as many carries as Tatum has, no doubt. I can see Shanahan plugging him into the system without missing a beat. He's not as fast as Bell, but he can power through & break free very well. Plus, it will give MA a chance to catch his breath & stay fresh.

Dever is in an awesome position when it comes to RB depth Plus, never say never with the O-line.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DAYNETRAYNE
                              who Dayne? Hell no. He hasnt fumbled since pre season of 2002. trust me this guy knows how to hold on to the ball.

so thats what, like 12 touches? (just kidding.)
                              "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Working...
                              X