X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbf07
    replied
    Dayne would be fine

I like Tatum Bell he is a good speed runner when we use him to run outside the tackles. However we have been using him up the middle most of the time in recent games and the big holes have not been there. Not sure why we are not running him outside more but I am sure Shanny and Gary have thier reasons.
    Ron Dayne like Mike Anderson will be good up the middle and will punish a defensive line and wear them out. Both can make the big plays towards the end of the game and should be a good tandum team.

Leave a comment:

• DAYNETRAYNE
    replied
    nah a lil b4 his time.......

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
    Was Dayne drafted by Parcells when he was in NY, or am I a little off.
    Dayne was drafted by Jim Fassel. Parcells was a little b4 his time.........

Leave a comment:

• Bman240
    replied
    Does anyone know if the Broncos will be wearing their Vintage uniforms on Thanksgiving? I think, last time they did when they played on Thanksgiving a while back. Is that tradition?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    I agree, just move the chains, between both of the "bruisers" I think we can eventually get the job done...

PS I didn't mean to implay I think Dayne will necissarilly break out this game, or that he is gonna bust a 90 yarder, but that I think he is capable of doing it sometime if given the chance to show what he's got

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
    I am really looking forward to Dayne getting some playing time, I have this feeling that he is gonna break out... I don't know why I just do.

And believe me if Mike can break one for 90+ Dayne can do it to.

I think he has a chip on his shoulder and is chomping at the bit...

if dayne does see time, im confident that he will get the job done. i dont know if he will put up big numbers against a tough dallas defence, but if he can move the chains a few times i'll be happy.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    I am really looking forward to Dayne getting some playing time, I have this feeling that he is gonna break out... I don't know why I just do.

And believe me if Mike can break one for 90+ Dayne can do it to.

I think he has a chip on his shoulder and is chomping at the bit...

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    Was Dayne drafted by Parcells when he was in NY, or am I a little off.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by Jrhampton
    I suspect that dayne will play or at least dress for the game. Cause even if tater does play hurt what good is that if he is more worried about getting hit than running.
    True!
    And if he's wearing a 'jacket', well....we all remember what that can lead to.....

Remember, Dayne used to play in Dallas' division, so he'll have an idea of how their personnel play.

Anybody have Dayne's numbers against the 'boys?

Granted, different team, but it might shed some light where none already is....

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    I feel sure that Dayne will definatly dress out. If Bell is going into the game with pain and possible injury... doesn't make sense not to have a running back available to take his spot if that be the need.

You never know though. Shanahan could just dress two again and use Sapp if needed. That boy was running hard. I would like to see Dayne though. I think with his size going against the big d-line of the cowboys could be needed.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    I feel sure that Dayne will definatly dress out. If Bell is going into the game with pain and possible injury... doesn't make sense not to have a running back available to take his spot if that be the need.

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    From the link that was provided it seems that there is still a good chance for Bell to play. Also if Dayne gets to see some action I comfortable with that. He will be fresh because he hasn't taking a pounding since week 2.

I suspect that dayne will play or at least dress for the game. Cause even if tater does play hurt what good is that if he is more worried about getting hit than running.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    From the link that was provided it seems that there is still a good chance for Bell to play. Also if Dayne gets to see some action I comfortable with that. He will be fresh because he hasn't taking a pounding since week 2.

Leave a comment:

• MileHighStud
    replied
    I hope Bell can go, but if he is still sore then I say bring in DAYNE. We will need the ANDERBELL combo for the later part of the season, not to mention the playoffs!!!

Leave a comment:

• jletourneau
    replied
    I sure hope Bell can go. It really sets up nice for him to use this as one of his big games if healthy enough.

1. He's due for another breakout.
    2. The Cowboys are kind of like his hometown team.
    3. The playing surface is perfect for his style.
    4. CBS looks to be doing a real nice pregame piece on Bell and his dad's relationship and how it has come to be.

I think he'll play, but I think Dayne will be active as well and I could envision Anderson getting roughly 18 touches, Bell 10-12 touches, and Dayne still another 7 or 8. A heavy dose of running for the gameplan would be great in my opinion and would set Jake up to have another efficient game with a couple big plays.

The running game was just too good last week in small chunks and eating clock, controlling the ball and if we can establish it early it will really help keep the Cowboys pass rush from getting to Jake.

I guess what I'm saying is, if it's working, don't fix it. Use it more and then use the extra couple of days like a bye to recuperate for KC.

Leave a comment:

• draco193
    replied
    If Bell cant go, then Dayne will step in and have a good game I think. Even though he isnt as fast as Tatum, i think hes faster then MA. Also, he is another big fellow thrown in to do some damage to the defense. If Tatum doesnt go, be ready to see the Dallas D extremely worn out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X