HOF Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOF Broncos

As most of you know, Randy Gradishar and Gary Zimmerman are among the final 25 finalists for the Hall of Fame. Originally there were five Broncos nominated. Of the five, which ONE do you most strongly believe should be in the hall?
    Randy Gradishar LB, 70s-80s
    34.78%
    Karl Mecklenberg DL/LB, 80s-90s
    4.35%
    Steve Atwater S, 90s
    43.48%
    Gary Zimmerman OL, 90s
    13.04%
    Dan Reeves Coach, 80s-90s
    4.35%
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "…our brothers are silent, for they dare not speak the thoughts of their minds. For all must agree with all, and they cannot know if their thoughts are the thoughts of all, and so they fear to speak."

Anthem

Randy first

Not that Zimm and Atwater aren't awesome and I do believe worthy. But I really believe Gradishar deserves it. And almost as important I think he deserves it first before these other guys go in. By any rationale measuring stick he should be in. That defense was something to behold and its long passed the time that the hall voters recognize what they accomplished and how good Randy was. Randy going in will finally gave national vindication to all those guys from that era who have been overlooked by media that is dominated by east coast writers. I'm not slamming them, it's just they didn't get to see what our boys could do. When Elway was inducted a lot of guys said that it was finally giving our organization some recognition. Well that was partly true. In a way it was not because there were a couple other great guys before John - and Randy is one of them.
    "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Gradishar should have been there already. Mecklenburg too.

I still believe that Terrell Davis should be nominated for his incredible career, even though it didn't last long

:salute:

Comment

So Far....

Nobody but me has voted for Mecklenberg. What's up with that? Meck was an unhearlded 12th round pick who:

went to six Pro Bowls
        was a 4 time all NFL selection
        1986 AFC player of the year
        2nd all time in team sacks.

In addition, if you remember back in the day he lined up at all of the front seven postitions. He was a matchup nightmare for offensive coordinators as they had to have QBs change plays at the line based solely on where Mecklenberg lined up. I think the others are just as deserving but I cannot believe that nobody else is voting for him.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------
        "…our brothers are silent, for they dare not speak the thoughts of their minds. For all must agree with all, and they cannot know if their thoughts are the thoughts of all, and so they fear to speak."

Anthem

Comment

no prob with Meck

What did they call him snow goose or something because he was so blonde? Anyway I loved him. Only thing he couldn't do was cover a good tightend or RB (later in his career-he was okay at that earlier). But again - gotta give it up for Grandpa first and then we give it to the 80's and 90s players.
          "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Gradishar by far. Never missed a game in his career-even when injured. 7 Pro Bowls. Longest TD?/fumble? return in Bronco history. Still to this day, holds the Broncos franchise record in tackles (2,049?). If he gets in, I'm there!
            Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
              What did they call him snow goose or something because he was so blonde? Anyway I loved him. Only thing he couldn't do was cover a good tightend or RB (later in his career-he was okay at that earlier). But again - gotta give it up for Grandpa first and then we give it to the 80's and 90s players.
              "The Albino Rhino" or "Wrecklenburg".
              Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

Dan Reeves should go in.
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                  Dan Reeves should go in.

for what? not bringing a running game to Denver for 12 years?

Reeves' career can be summed up this way...

1st and 10: Run Winder in the middle for a yard

2nd and 9: Run Winder for loss of two.

3rd and 11: Ok Elway, call a play to get us out of this mess.

continue cycle... If Elway had a coach like Shanahan throughout his career, Denver would have won at least two more superbowls...

Comment

Originally posted by aaronheeb

for what? not bringing a running game to Denver for 12 years?

Reeves' career can be summed up this way...

1st and 10: Run Winder in the middle for a yard

2nd and 9: Run Winder for loss of two.

3rd and 11: Ok Elway, call a play to get us out of this mess.

continue cycle... If Elway had a coach like Shanahan throughout his career, Denver would have won at least two more superbowls...
                    Reeves should go in for his role as a coach. He coached Denver from 1981-1992. During those 11 years with Denver, the Broncos would make the playoffs 6 times and during those 11 years he only had 2 losing seasons. A 2-7 record in the strike year (1982) and a 5-11 record in 1990. From there he went to the Giants. Then 4 years later to the Falcons. In his second year as head coach the Falcons had a Franchise best 14-2 record and made it to the Super Bowl.

As a head coach, he had 190 wins in his 22 years of coaching. Which is 19 short of Chuck Noll's 209. I feel he deserves to be in due to his longevity and success as a head coach.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                    X