• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espn.com Week 11 Power Rankings

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH BOI, DEM BOYS ARE BACK, BOTH TEAMS ARE IN THE TOP 5

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...n=2005&week=12

2005 Power Rankings: Week 12

RK(LW)TEAM REC COMMENT

1 (1) Colts 10-0-0 The team that beats the Colts will be the team that forces Peyton Manning into making a few mistakes. But can any team actually do that?

2 (2) Broncos 8-2-0 Next two weeks (at Cowboys, at Chiefs) could go a long way toward deciding division title and playoff seeding.

3 (5) Seahawks 8-2-0 The current No. 1 seed in the NFC isn't supposed to escape from San Francisco with a two-point win.

4 (7) Cowboys 7-3-0 Cowboys will have played three games in 11 days following their Thanksgiving day game against the Broncos. If they can come out of that stretch 3-0, that would be pretty impressive.

5 (8) Chargers 6-4-0 The Chargers are No. 5 in the Power Rankings, and right now they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

6 (3) Steelers 7-3-0 Ben Roethlisberger's injuries obviously have something to do with it, but the Steelers' running game just isn't as dominant as it was last year.

7 (6) Bengals 7-3-0 Being able to play with the big boys really doesn't mean anything if you can't beat them: 1-3 against teams with winning records.

8 (4) Panthers 7-3-0 Steve Smith just keeps putting up huge numbers, but the Panthers need to find a way to run the ball with more success. They are averaging a league-low 3 yards per carry this year.

9 (10) Giants 7-3-0 The upcoming battles with fellow NFC frontrunners (at Seahawks, vs. Cowboys) could determine if they're contenders or pretenders.

10 (13) Bears 7-3-0 We knew the Bears' defense was good. But that good? The offense isn't great, but when you're giving up 11 points a game, how good does the offense need to be?

11 (11) Jaguars 7-3-0 A mark of a playoff team: beating up on teams with losing records, something they've done the past three weeks.

12 (14) Buccaneers 7-3-0 We'll admit, we were part of the group that was ready to bury the Bucs when they lost two straight and dropped to 5-3.

13 (12) Patriots 6-4-0 Condolences to Bill Belichick on the death of his father Steve. Anyone who knows anything about Belichick knows how big an influence his father was on his coaching career and his life.

14 (9) Falcons 6-4-0 OK, Michael Vick. We know you can throw the ball, but can you hold on to it (four fumbles, two lost in last two games)?

15 (16) Chiefs 6-4-0 There must be a lot of teams that wish they'd pulled the trigger on getting Larry Johnson when the Chiefs were willing to trade him.

16 (15) Redskins 5-5-0 Sunday must have been a joy for Daniel Snyder: having his team's playoff chances hurt by a coach he once fired.

17 (22) Raiders 4-6-0 Norv Turner cried when presented the game ball on Sunday. Was he that excited or is he already anticipating Al Davis' next move?

18 (20) Vikings 5-5-0 Who would have thought that at 2-5 and coming off Daunte Culpepper's season-ending injury there was any chance the Vikings could get back in the playoff race?

19 (17) Eagles 4-6-0 Mike McMahon has some talent and he'll get a chance to show what he can do over the next six weeks.

20 (24) Browns 4-6-0 Reuben Droughns looks more like a legitimate No. 1 NFL running back every week.

21 (19) Bills 4-6-0 No California Dreamin' for the Bills this season: outscored 86-27 in their two games on the West Coast.

22 (18) Rams 4-6-0 Two straight losses and the hopes of contending for a playoff spot have seemingly gone out the window.

23 (21) Lions 4-6-0 When a team files a grievance against a player -- Lions vs. Charles Rogers -- that can't bode well for the player's future in that city.

24 (29) Ravens 3-7-0 Recipe for success: force the other team's third-string QB on the field. It's worked against Pittsburgh and the Jets.

25 (28) Cardinals 3-7-0 Classy move by Rams fans giving Kurt Warner a standing ovation. Although they probably weren't feeling the same way at the end of the game after Warner torched the Rams (285 yards, three TDs).

26 (25) Titans 2-8-0 Titans are obviously out of the playoff hunt, but they played hard against the Jaguars on Sunday.

27 (23) Dolphins 3-7-0 Is there any doubt that the No. 1 priority in Miami this offseason has to be the quarterback position?

28 (26) Packers 2-8-0 Folks in Green Bay don't want to hear this, but at what point does Aaron Rodgers start getting a few snaps?

29 (30) Saints 2-8-0 The three personal fouls on the same play will overshadow it a little bit, but Will Smith played a great game against the Patriots.

30 (31) 49ers 2-8-0 At least they didn't stink up the joint while Hall of Famer Steve Young was in the house being honored.

31 (27) Jets 2-8-0 Being a Jets quarterback right now is hazardous to your health.

32 (32) Texans 1-9-0 The one bright side to being as bad as the Texans are? You get to watch rookie Jerome Mathis (266 yards on seven returns against the Chiefs, including a 99-yarder for a TD) return a lot of kicks.

Cowgirls, soon to fall out of top 5.
    sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Why is a cowboy fan putting this here, to brag about being behind the broncos. That statue you guys call a QB, Drew Bledsoe, is gonna be cracked in half and taken down.

To your sig, Williams is good cause he makes dirty tackles on players. ( see terrell owens ).

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
        Why is a cowboy fan putting this here, to brag about being behind the broncos. That statue you guys call a QB, Drew Bledsoe, is gonna be cracked in half and taken down.

To your sig, Williams is good cause he makes dirty tackles on players. ( see terrell owens ).

Am i really bragging? NO!! I am smarter than that, i just posted it b/c we were finally in the top 5, and i was happy myself. And that statue we call a QB is #1 in the NFC in passing, so obviously he gets the job done. BTW Roy made that tackle last year, its not my fault he's a hitter , thats also why that tackle isnt allowed anymore, and name one person ROY has layed a "dirty tackle" on this year

Comment

If that pick is real that almost looks head to head. I never said Bledsoe aint having a great year, I just said he is a sitting duck waiting to be hit. Wait till Michael Myers gets to him (Yeah Baby).

Comment

Originally posted by demdcowboys#1
            Am i really bragging? NO!! I am smarter than that, i just posted it b/c we were finally in the top 5, and i was happy myself. And that statue we call a QB is #1 in the NFC in passing, so obviously he gets the job done. BTW Roy made that tackle last year, its not my fault he's a hitter , thats also why that tackle isnt allowed anymore, and name one person ROY has layed a "dirty tackle" on this year
            He's a hitter, but he's also the reason they banned the horsecollar tackle. He was notorious for tackling people that way. T.O. wasn't the only one he brought down like that. BTW, how is he in coverage? Yeah, that's what I thought. That's probably the reason he was always grabbing recievers by the back of their shoulderpads.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
              If that pick is real that almost looks head to head. I never said Bledsoe aint having a great year, I just said he is a sitting duck waiting to be hit. Wait till Michael Myers gets to him (Yeah Baby).

Why would that be a fake pic??????

And Our o line has been holding up pretty well this season, thus allowing time on many occasions to make big plays. If he has time your in trouble, if he is extremely pressured, well it could be a long day for us. I hope he has tons of time

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete
                He's a hitter, but he's also the reason they banned the horsecollar tackle. He was notorious for tackling people that way. T.O. wasn't the only one he brought down like that. BTW, how is he in coverage? Yeah, that's what I thought. That's probably the reason he was always grabbing recievers by the back of their shoulderpads.

I love how you go back to last year and his tackling, BTW he is playing great and coverage, gave us the GW interception return against PHI, has 2 ints 1 TD on the season 40 + tackles, think about that, Dallas's so called "suspect secondary" also hasnt given up a big play since the 1st quarter in a week 4 game Vs. OAK in which Moss hauled in a 79 yd reception, and no he didnt score, he was caught by TERENCE NEWMAN, and our d limited them to 3 points. And with the horse collar banned, ROY still hits!!!!!!!!

Comment

I love how you go back to last year and his tackling, BTW he is playing great and coverage, gave us the GW interception return against PHI, has 2 ints 1 TD on the season 40 + tackles, think about that, Dallas's so called "suspect secondary" also hasnt given up a big play since the 1st quarter in a week 4 game Vs. OAK in which Moss hauled in a 79 yd reception, and no he didnt score, he was caught by TERENCE NEWMAN, and our d limited them to 3 points. And with the horse collar banned, ROY still hits!!!!!!!!
                  I love how the pic in your sig goes back to...atleast 2002.

I think Roy is probably the hardest hitting safety in the NFL. He just lacks coverage skills. Hell, Lynch is piss-poor in the coverage department, but he has 2 picks in the last 3 games.

Comment

I think Roy is probably the hardest hitting safety in the NFL. He just lacks coverage skills. Hell, Lynch is piss-poor in the coverage department, but he has 2 picks in the last 3 games.
                    Why does everyone base Roy's coverage skills on that ONE game vs. WSH when S. Moss scored twice, wow it was week 2, we had just learned an entire new defense, since week 2 what big plays has Roy given up.............exactly, NONE!!!!

Comment

Why does everyone base Roy's coverage skills on that ONE game vs. WSH when S. Moss scored twice, wow it was week 2, we had just learned an entire new defense, since week 2 what big plays has Roy given up.............exactly, NONE!!!!

That pick he made, my blind grandpa could've made that. It was thrown right to him. I mean it was like he was the intended reciever. Williams is a top saftey in the league, maybe the most talented right now ( after Sean Taylor ) but to the guy who said Roy is the hardest hitter, that is garbage, cause John Lynch is the hardest hitting safety in the league ( see jacked up every week last year ).

Comment

Wow. So that's what it's like to own someone...
                        Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Actually I don't base it on that one game. I base it on the past couple years. If you think Roy is great in coverage that's just being a homer.

And to the guy who said Lynch hits harder than Williams, come on. Lynch used to hit as hard as Willams, but not any more. The step Lynch has lost is the difference between a "jacked up" hit and a tackle. Roy Williams has that step, and he's pretty much a younger John Lynch. A run stopper that struggles in coverage.

Comment

Actually I don't base it on that one game. I base it on the past couple years. If you think Roy is great in coverage that's just being a homer.

And to the guy who said Lynch hits harder than Williams, come on. Lynch used to hit as hard as Willams, but not any more. The step Lynch has lost is the difference between a "jacked up" hit and a tackle. Roy Williams has that step, and he's pretty much a younger John Lynch. A run stopper that struggles in coverage.

Past couple of years, ok, let me see, in Roy's Rookie Season he recorded 5 interceptions, and 2 were returned for TD's.........this is as a rookie!!!!!!!!! Last season he only had 2 ints, and thus far he has 2 this season. He plays well and occasionally gets beat, but then again WHO DOESNT GET BEAT!!!! His coverage IMO is very very very slightly above average, he still needs to work on it though, just as every other DB in the NFL has to!!!!

Comment

Past couple of years, ok, let me see, in Roy's Rookie Season he recorded 5 interceptions, and 2 were returned for TD's.........this is as a rookie!!!!!!!!! Last season he only had 2 ints, and thus far he has 2 this season. He plays well and occasionally gets beat, but then again WHO DOESNT GET BEAT!!!! His coverage IMO is very very very slightly above average, he still needs to work on it though, just as every other DB in the NFL has to!!!!
                              Nice headbutt there... proud much?
                              The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Working...
                              X