Are we over confident fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we over confident fans?

Prior to the season most of the fans here were skeptical. I would even say humble during pre season and early on in the regular season. Now that our record is 8-2, this board is filled with fans feeling very confident.

I dont see us as being as dominant a team as many here make us out to be. Is it me or are we actually that dominant of a team. Will this game against Dallas confirm to everyone we are dominant enough to win it all? Or will a few of you remain skeptical?

I for one will remain the same. Go with the Flow. Not to high on the team and not to low.

Nothing is wrong with fans being confident. Not one bit. It is the players and the coaches that we have to be concerned.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

I, personally, am scared....cause everyone is riding the team so high. I have a feeling the next game we lose, people here are gon lose it. I think we are awesome and to be #2 in the rankings behind the Colts for the last month almost seems to be good too be true...I hope we win win the division, if we don't end up as the 2nd seed in the AFC, it is okay as long as we get to tell SD to go to hell...

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
        Nothing is wrong with fans being confident. Not one bit. It is the players and the coaches that we have to be concerned.
        Good answer!
        The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

i would say many fans on these boards are more fair-weather than over confident. many of the people that say how great we are now were all doom and gloom in the preseason, and then even worse after the miami game, and jumped back off the bandwagon after the giants game. now things are good so they jump up and down praising jake and coyer and shanny's draft skilz. i definately dont think many fans are overconfident; just watch how quickly the bandwagon empties if the broncs lose on thursday.
          "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

naww.....

I knew we'd have a great team from the beginning.....it was when we lost to the game to Miami I was pissed out all the negativity...

It's all about Positivity.......think Positivity
            sigpic

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
              Prior to the season most of the fans here were skeptical. I would even say humble during pre season and early on in the regular season. Now that our record is 8-2, this board is filled with fans feeling very confident.

I dont see us as being as dominant a team as many here make us out to be. Is it me or are we actually that dominant of a team. Will this game against Dallas confirm to everyone we are dominant enough to win it all? Or will a few of you remain skeptical?

I for one will remain the same. Go with the Flow. Not to high on the team and not to low.

No, enough said. We have a great team, we should be confident.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Actually it's good to have some of the swagger back in Denver. Honestly, think back over the last couple of years we fans have always kind of wondered if the Broncos are pretenders or the real deal. This year our team is playing at a level where we can be confident fans instead of enduring the label of homer.

Besides, fans should have confidence. It's the players that need to avoid overconfidence.

Comment

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7
                  if we don't end up as the 2nd seed in the AFC, it is okay as long as we get to tell SD to go to hell...
                  Uh, NO IT'S NOT!

The #2 seed in the AFC would guarantee the Broncos a 1st round bye and a home playoff game against (probably -- and this is subject to endless change) the Steelers, Bengals or Patriots. The Broncos would be favored to win any of those games, although all would be tough.

The Colts would face the wild card, and then host the AFC Championship in Indy.

So, the Broncos would need to win only 1 playoff game at home to get the chance to go to the SB! They're realistically NOT going to get to the AFC Championship by winning 2 playoff games on the road though! So, the #2 seed is necessary!

To get the #2 seed the Broncos would probably need to finish around 13-3 (12-4 might get it depending on the tie-breakers).

5-1 over the last 6 weeks, including 3-1 on the road would be very hard, but what game should the Broncos lose? At KC? Granted that will be tough. But other teams have managed to beat KC at home this year.

At S.D.? The Broncos always do well there. That's a winnable game (though SD would be favored).

At Buffalo? They are not a good team this year. They will be tough at home, but the Broncos are still a much better team and should be favored to win that game too.

So, realistically, it's do-able. Even the #1 seed isn't totally out of reach if the Broncos win out and the Colts stumble a bit. (My guess is that they will lose at least 1 game, just like the '98 Broncos).

If the Broncos win 4 and lose 2 they finish 12-4 and win the division and probably host 1 playoff game, but DON'T get the bye (they could still get it but that would be lucky tie-breakers). Anything less means another long road through other cities just to get the privilege to play the Colts in Indy.

BUT it all starts in Dallas! This is one of two "easy" road games! (Of course, it's NOT going to be easy at all, but compared to KC, Buffalo in December and SD on new years eve, it's easier)! So, the Broncos need a win to have a realistic chance of going to the AFC Championship.

Getting by the Colts is a topic for another day.
                  Last edited by Cugel; 11-22-2005, 02:35 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

SOME of us are. i'm in constant fear of losing the 2nd seed. 2nd seed is the only way we have a chance at superbowl. hopefully colts play pats for their first game and are eliminated from playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                      Uh, NO IT'S NOT!

The #2 seed in the AFC would guarantee the Broncos a 1st round bye and a home playoff game against (probably -- and this is subject to endless change) the Steelers, Bengals or Patriots. The Broncos would be favored to win any of those games, although all would be tough.

The Colts would face the wild card, and then host the AFC Championship in Indy.

So, the Broncos would need to win only 1 playoff game at home to get the chance to go to the SB! They're realistically NOT going to get to the AFC Championship by winning 2 playoff games on the road though! So, the #2 seed is necessary!

To get the #2 seed the Broncos would probably need to finish around 13-3 (12-4 might get it depending on the tie-breakers).

5-1 over the last 6 weeks, including 3-1 on the road would be very hard, but what game should the Broncos lose? At KC? Granted that will be tough. But other teams have managed to beat KC at home this year.

At S.D.? The Broncos always do well there. That's a winnable game (though SD would be favored).

At Buffalo? They are not a good team this year. They will be tough at home, but the Broncos are still a much better team and should be favored to win that game too.

So, realistically, it's do-able. Even the #1 seed isn't totally out of reach if the Broncos win out and the Colts stumble a bit. (My guess is that they will lose at least 1 game, just like the '98 Broncos).

If the Broncos win 4 and lose 2 they finish 12-4 and win the division and probably host 1 playoff game, but DON'T get the bye (they could still get it but that would be lucky tie-breakers). Anything less means another long road through other cities just to get the privilege to play the Colts in Indy.

the only thing i disagree about here is that 12-4 may be enough to win the bye. both pittsburg and cinncy have 3 loses and play each other, so at least one of them already has 4 losses. cinncy is still a young team who may go on a late season losing slide of a couple games, especially considering their run defence is fairly weak, and pittsburg is in tough winning games as long as big ben is out. 12-4 is a very realistic goal for us and i would be surpised if it wasnt enough for the bye.
                      "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
                        the only thing i disagree about here is that 12-4 may be enough to win the bye. both pittsburg and cinncy have 3 loses and play each other, so at least one of them already has 4 losses. cinncy is still a young team who may go on a late season losing slide of a couple games, especially considering their run defence is fairly weak, and pittsburg is in tough winning games as long as big ben is out. 12-4 is a very realistic goal for us and i would be surpised if it wasnt enough for the bye.
                        12-4 could still lose the bye on tie-breakers. Liklihood is that at least 1 other team will also be 12-4. (It could even be the Patriots if they won out, though the Broncos would still edge them out on the head to head tie-breaker).

Maybe Broncos would win by having the better ACF record or something, but that's not what you want to see!

Better to wrap it up by taking care of business -- starting this week.

If the Broncos can beat the Cowboys in Dallas on 4 days rest that's a statement to the rest of the league that this team is for real.

If they lose, then really "how good is this team" is still an open question.

There have been a number of such statement games this year. The first was the Chargers home game. "Can the Broncos beat the division champions at home after being blown out week 1?"

Then it was "Can the Broncos go on the road to FL where they have a terrible record and beat a very good (7-3) Jaguars team?"

Then it was "Can the Broncos win tough games against last years' two SB teams?"

Then it was "Will the Broncos sucuumb to the trap-game jinx they always fall to in the 2nd half of the season?"

Now, the question is: "Can the Broncos get ready on a short week and whip Dallas on national television?"

The Colts have won 2 statement games, against the Patriots and in Cincy. Now it's the Broncos turn to step up!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange

With the Broncos I am NEVER confident--but I AM pleased with how they've done thus far. This team has been a heartbreaker time and again, but they do seem to be playing somewhat more consistently this year than the past couple seasons.

So, I'm fearing each game, but delighting in each win and continuing to hope for the best!!

Comment

Watch, when we lose....

At least three Broncos Stunk threads by newbies. It seems that there are more negative fans than positive fans. Because the most users ever online was when we lost.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                            2. Taxes
                            3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Were are confident enough for a 8-2 team.

We still have to face 3 games in our division, those same three teams we lost to late last year when we were 7-3 at this time. We are a different team, we are winning the games we should and other than a hiccup against NY in the final quater we have been doing pretty well on both sides of the ball and even in special teams.

We take pride in what our team has done and have faith in what is ahead. I want us to keep mattera in our own hands and not have to rely on what other teams do. Each win is a step and we are ready to take the next one Thursday.
                              The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X