• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JED Bronco
    replied
    What about the #1 seed!!

Originally posted by DrunkPanda
    SOME of us are. i'm in constant fear of losing the 2nd seed. 2nd seed is the only way we have a chance at superbowl. hopefully colts play pats for their first game and are eliminated from playoffs
    Indy sucks in the cold. We need to play in the snow before the end of the season and win out. This is our best opportunity.

To be honest it is easy to be over confident, specialy if you listen to the rankings. Cinci, Pitts, NE and Ind are all better than the NFC. Getting through the playoffs is not even close to being automatic. If the Broncos meet anyone in the AFC Championchip they will have played their butts off to be there.

Indy has the same wall and could very well go undefeated in the regular season and lose the first playoff game. I hope they end up playing Cinci again. Talk about hungry? That was a good game!

No room for over confidence in the AFC!!

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    replied
    im always confident of our team even when we lost in week 1 to miami

i dont care if people say ''oh dont be to confident you will fall into the trap and your team will lose the trap game''.

i love my team and i predict us to win most of the time. im a confident person and girls love it.

whats wrong with thinking my team is good.

i think its better being confident than not being confident and always being scared like some of the *****cat fans we have here who are always like

''its 3 to 0 in the first Q with 10 min left! were going to lose!!'' seriously i see this all the time.then i see people angry when we have a 23-0 lead in the 4th Q to be only 23-10. Their fear of losing kicks in and they have no confidence in their squad at all.

when i play basketball at school their is this kid that sucks horribly he doesnt even know how to play and always double dribbles and cant catch.but if he's open i pass him the ball ALL the time and tell him to shoot. Because im a leader and a captain and i have confidence in the kid
    then i tell all my team mates to shoot when their open and have confidence in their shot.like this one kid who has a good shot but always passes the ball when he is wide open

BEING A CONFIDENT FAN IS A GOOD THING!!!!

atleast in my book of the world that i wrote and published
    Last edited by BRONCOS_OWN_U16; 11-22-2005, 07:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bleedbluorange
    replied
    Originally posted by bcbronc
    i would say many fans on these boards are more fair-weather than over confident. many of the people that say how great we are now were all doom and gloom in the preseason, and then even worse after the miami game, and jumped back off the bandwagon after the giants game. now things are good so they jump up and down praising jake and coyer and shanny's draft skilz. i definately dont think many fans are overconfident; just watch how quickly the bandwagon empties if the broncs lose on thursday.
    I totally agree. I have been very critical of Coyer. I'm still not convinced. However, I havent made one negative comment about him since weve been rolling. I won't make any such comments after the next game we lose. Well, I might make one comment. I'm a Bronco for life, so I take the good with the bad.

Leave a comment:

• MileHighStud
    replied
    Originally posted by Emancipator
    Nothing is wrong with fans being confident. Not one bit. It is the players and the coaches that we have to be concerned.
    Absolutely!! If they get overconfident that could cause alot of problems.

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    Were are confident enough for a 8-2 team.

We still have to face 3 games in our division, those same three teams we lost to late last year when we were 7-3 at this time. We are a different team, we are winning the games we should and other than a hiccup against NY in the final quater we have been doing pretty well on both sides of the ball and even in special teams.

We take pride in what our team has done and have faith in what is ahead. I want us to keep mattera in our own hands and not have to rely on what other teams do. Each win is a step and we are ready to take the next one Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Watch, when we lose....

At least three Broncos Stunk threads by newbies. It seems that there are more negative fans than positive fans. Because the most users ever online was when we lost.

Leave a comment:

• WildHorse
    replied
    Originally posted by bleedbluorange
    Prior to the season most of the fans here were skeptical. I would even say humble during pre season and early on in the regular season. Now that our record is 8-2, this board is filled with fans feeling very confident.

I dont see us as being as dominant a team as many here make us out to be. Is it me or are we actually that dominant of a team. Will this game against Dallas confirm to everyone we are dominant enough to win it all? Or will a few of you remain skeptical?

I for one will remain the same. Go with the Flow. Not to high on the team and not to low.
    With the Broncos I am NEVER confident--but I AM pleased with how they've done thus far. This team has been a heartbreaker time and again, but they do seem to be playing somewhat more consistently this year than the past couple seasons.

So, I'm fearing each game, but delighting in each win and continuing to hope for the best!!

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by bcbronc
    the only thing i disagree about here is that 12-4 may be enough to win the bye. both pittsburg and cinncy have 3 loses and play each other, so at least one of them already has 4 losses. cinncy is still a young team who may go on a late season losing slide of a couple games, especially considering their run defence is fairly weak, and pittsburg is in tough winning games as long as big ben is out. 12-4 is a very realistic goal for us and i would be surpised if it wasnt enough for the bye.
    12-4 could still lose the bye on tie-breakers. Liklihood is that at least 1 other team will also be 12-4. (It could even be the Patriots if they won out, though the Broncos would still edge them out on the head to head tie-breaker).

Maybe Broncos would win by having the better ACF record or something, but that's not what you want to see!

Better to wrap it up by taking care of business -- starting this week.

If the Broncos can beat the Cowboys in Dallas on 4 days rest that's a statement to the rest of the league that this team is for real.

If they lose, then really "how good is this team" is still an open question.

There have been a number of such statement games this year. The first was the Chargers home game. "Can the Broncos beat the division champions at home after being blown out week 1?"

Then it was "Can the Broncos go on the road to FL where they have a terrible record and beat a very good (7-3) Jaguars team?"

Then it was "Can the Broncos win tough games against last years' two SB teams?"

Then it was "Will the Broncos sucuumb to the trap-game jinx they always fall to in the 2nd half of the season?"

Now, the question is: "Can the Broncos get ready on a short week and whip Dallas on national television?"

The Colts have won 2 statement games, against the Patriots and in Cincy. Now it's the Broncos turn to step up!

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel
    Uh, NO IT'S NOT!

The #2 seed in the AFC would guarantee the Broncos a 1st round bye and a home playoff game against (probably -- and this is subject to endless change) the Steelers, Bengals or Patriots. The Broncos would be favored to win any of those games, although all would be tough.

The Colts would face the wild card, and then host the AFC Championship in Indy.

So, the Broncos would need to win only 1 playoff game at home to get the chance to go to the SB! They're realistically NOT going to get to the AFC Championship by winning 2 playoff games on the road though! So, the #2 seed is necessary!

To get the #2 seed the Broncos would probably need to finish around 13-3 (12-4 might get it depending on the tie-breakers).

5-1 over the last 6 weeks, including 3-1 on the road would be very hard, but what game should the Broncos lose? At KC? Granted that will be tough. But other teams have managed to beat KC at home this year.

At S.D.? The Broncos always do well there. That's a winnable game (though SD would be favored).

At Buffalo? They are not a good team this year. They will be tough at home, but the Broncos are still a much better team and should be favored to win that game too.

So, realistically, it's do-able. Even the #1 seed isn't totally out of reach if the Broncos win out and the Colts stumble a bit. (My guess is that they will lose at least 1 game, just like the '98 Broncos).

If the Broncos win 4 and lose 2 they finish 12-4 and win the division and probably host 1 playoff game, but DON'T get the bye (they could still get it but that would be lucky tie-breakers). Anything less means another long road through other cities just to get the privilege to play the Colts in Indy.

the only thing i disagree about here is that 12-4 may be enough to win the bye. both pittsburg and cinncy have 3 loses and play each other, so at least one of them already has 4 losses. cinncy is still a young team who may go on a late season losing slide of a couple games, especially considering their run defence is fairly weak, and pittsburg is in tough winning games as long as big ben is out. 12-4 is a very realistic goal for us and i would be surpised if it wasnt enough for the bye.

Leave a comment:

• DrunkPanda
    replied
    SOME of us are. i'm in constant fear of losing the 2nd seed. 2nd seed is the only way we have a chance at superbowl. hopefully colts play pats for their first game and are eliminated from playoffs

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by BarkdogRX7
    if we don't end up as the 2nd seed in the AFC, it is okay as long as we get to tell SD to go to hell...
    Uh, NO IT'S NOT!

The #2 seed in the AFC would guarantee the Broncos a 1st round bye and a home playoff game against (probably -- and this is subject to endless change) the Steelers, Bengals or Patriots. The Broncos would be favored to win any of those games, although all would be tough.

The Colts would face the wild card, and then host the AFC Championship in Indy.

So, the Broncos would need to win only 1 playoff game at home to get the chance to go to the SB! They're realistically NOT going to get to the AFC Championship by winning 2 playoff games on the road though! So, the #2 seed is necessary!

To get the #2 seed the Broncos would probably need to finish around 13-3 (12-4 might get it depending on the tie-breakers).

5-1 over the last 6 weeks, including 3-1 on the road would be very hard, but what game should the Broncos lose? At KC? Granted that will be tough. But other teams have managed to beat KC at home this year.

At S.D.? The Broncos always do well there. That's a winnable game (though SD would be favored).

At Buffalo? They are not a good team this year. They will be tough at home, but the Broncos are still a much better team and should be favored to win that game too.

So, realistically, it's do-able. Even the #1 seed isn't totally out of reach if the Broncos win out and the Colts stumble a bit. (My guess is that they will lose at least 1 game, just like the '98 Broncos).

If the Broncos win 4 and lose 2 they finish 12-4 and win the division and probably host 1 playoff game, but DON'T get the bye (they could still get it but that would be lucky tie-breakers). Anything less means another long road through other cities just to get the privilege to play the Colts in Indy.

BUT it all starts in Dallas! This is one of two "easy" road games! (Of course, it's NOT going to be easy at all, but compared to KC, Buffalo in December and SD on new years eve, it's easier)! So, the Broncos need a win to have a realistic chance of going to the AFC Championship.

Getting by the Colts is a topic for another day.
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-22-2005, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Q-niverse
    replied
    Actually it's good to have some of the swagger back in Denver. Honestly, think back over the last couple of years we fans have always kind of wondered if the Broncos are pretenders or the real deal. This year our team is playing at a level where we can be confident fans instead of enduring the label of homer.

Besides, fans should have confidence. It's the players that need to avoid overconfidence.

Leave a comment:

• Elway1983
    replied
    Originally posted by bleedbluorange
    Prior to the season most of the fans here were skeptical. I would even say humble during pre season and early on in the regular season. Now that our record is 8-2, this board is filled with fans feeling very confident.

I dont see us as being as dominant a team as many here make us out to be. Is it me or are we actually that dominant of a team. Will this game against Dallas confirm to everyone we are dominant enough to win it all? Or will a few of you remain skeptical?

I for one will remain the same. Go with the Flow. Not to high on the team and not to low.

No, enough said. We have a great team, we should be confident.

Leave a comment:

• IrishConrad
    replied
    naww.....

I knew we'd have a great team from the beginning.....it was when we lost to the game to Miami I was pissed out all the negativity...

It's all about Positivity.......think Positivity

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    i would say many fans on these boards are more fair-weather than over confident. many of the people that say how great we are now were all doom and gloom in the preseason, and then even worse after the miami game, and jumped back off the bandwagon after the giants game. now things are good so they jump up and down praising jake and coyer and shanny's draft skilz. i definately dont think many fans are overconfident; just watch how quickly the bandwagon empties if the broncs lose on thursday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X