X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxSports Power Rankings-Denver #1

Here's the link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5105606

Once again they calculate Denver as #1 in their power rankings (this time with no asterisk or "placing" Indy above them). Largely due to Denver's strength-of-schedule. Indy comes in #2 after the Bengals game.

Very interesting!

Originally posted by WildHorse
    Here's the link:

Once again they calculate Denver as #1 in their power rankings (this time with no asterisk or "placing" Indy above them). Largely due to Denver's strength-of-schedule. Indy comes in #2 after the Bengals game.

Very interesting!

FoxSports poll sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by **OrangeTerp**
      FoxSports poll sucks.
      Because it uses math over opinions? Or because it is part of Fox?

Personally I think its great and cant wait to beat the Boyz and keep that #1 spot for the next few weeks! If Indy would just lose 2 ACF games and we can finish perfect we get home field... Start rooting for Indy's AFC opponits!

and the Bronco's of course.
      “Brevity is the soul of wit” – William Shakespeare

Comment

Sounds good.

We are also favorites against the Cowbells.......................

The Favorites

Comment

Originally posted by **OrangeTerp**
          FoxSports poll sucks.
          Why? Of all the rankings, it's actually pretty effective. It's not based off of homer picks like most of the polls are.
          The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Did anyone notice the blurb they put next to Indy:

The fact that the Broncos are higher than the Colts in the power rankings does not mean that I think the Broncos are going to the Super Bowl. If these teams play for the AFC Championship, they're going to be playing in the RCA Dome. As of this week, Indianapolis is six percentage points below Denver in the DVOA ratings, but home field is generally worth about 17 percentage points.

Of course, I don't think it will be DEN vs IND in the AFC Championship, but that's another story...

Comment

Originally posted by chargerlew
              Did anyone notice the blurb they put next to Indy:

The fact that the Broncos are higher than the Colts in the power rankings does not mean that I think the Broncos are going to the Super Bowl. If these teams play for the AFC Championship, they're going to be playing in the RCA Dome. As of this week, Indianapolis is six percentage points below Denver in the DVOA ratings, but home field is generally worth about 17 percentage points.

Of course, I don't think it will be DEN vs IND in the AFC Championship, but that's another story...
              Yeah, so we need to shutout the Boyz this week and thus get a 18% lead over them in the standing so they will admit that we might have a chance to beat Indy in Indy...

Comment

Foxsports has the stupidest rating of all.

The Ravens (3-7) are ahead of:

The Browns (4-6)
                The Vikings (5-5)
                The Lions (4-6)
                The Bills (4-6)

That isn't right. Each of these teams has been much more impressive than Baltimore.

and the Packers (2-8) are ahead of:

The Browns (4-6)
                The Vikings (5-5)
                The Lions (4-6)
                The Bills (4-6)

What the heck is up with that?
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                  Foxsports has the stupidest rating of all.

The Ravens (3-7) are ahead of:

The Browns (4-6)
                  The Vikings (5-5)
                  The Lions (4-6)
                  The Bills (4-6)

That isn't right. Each of these teams has been much more impressive than Baltimore.

and the Packers (2-8) are ahead of:

The Browns (4-6)
                  The Vikings (5-5)
                  The Lions (4-6)
                  The Bills (4-6)

What the heck is up with that?
                  I'd watch the terminology, there is nothing IMPRESSIVE about any of those teams...

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                    I'd watch the terminology, there is nothing IMPRESSIVE about any of those teams...
                    LOOK AT THE RAVENS OFFENSE!

32nd out of 32 teams!

Every single one of these teams is above them.

Everything those teams have done is better than anything the Packers or Ravens have mustered.

Comment

Power rankings. I don't care if we're 32, I don't care if we're #1.

Comment

Here's the link:

Very interesting!

So after Indy has their toughest oppenent, they put them in second because of strength of schedule? What? I mean that is great for the broncos, but we all know first hand that Indy is the best team. Their is no denying that.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Here's the link:

Very interesting!
                          So true,

after all the Jets are Super Bowl bound. Denver was lucky to get out of there alive. After that game - man. Who would have that such an awesome team would play so poorly ( YES THIS IS SARCASM )

Why did Denver move up?

The Colts played the Bengals and won. In a game that many people thought the Bengals would win. The Colts won. They should be #1. Denver should be #2. Denver should have the asterisk. The Jets and the Raiders playing them? Come on.

Comment

So true,

after all the Jets are Super Bowl bound. Denver was lucky to get out of there alive. After that game - man. Who would have that such an awesome team would play so poorly ( YES THIS IS SARCASM )

Why did Denver move up?

The Colts played the Bengals and won. In a game that many people thought the Bengals would win. The Colts won. They should be #1. Denver should be #2. Denver should have the asterisk. The Jets and the Raiders playing them? Come on.
                            Did you even read any of the commentary? This is a stat based ranking system and Denver has been playing better then Indy and has played a harder schd too. This isnt based on some persons opinion but strait play vs play comparison and Denver is beating Indy in it.

Comment

So true,

Why did Denver move up?

Your right, but for all the wrong reasons. First off, I think that your still upset from those AFC championships lossed in the 80's (thank you Mr. Elway). Next, I think you guys overlook the colts schedule. They played the Texans twice (1-9), the Titans twice(2-8), the 49ers(2-8). Those are three of the worst teams in the league. We beat the pats and eagles. We beat the chargers and cheifs(both winning records). We also beat the Jags in Jacksonville with 2 rookies starting in the D backfield. We lost to the NFC East leader by 1 point. The raiders are only one game under .500. Our schedule is much tougher than the Colts. It is not even comparable. They are the better team obviously, because they have beaten us decisively two years in a row.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Working...
                              X