FoxSports Power Rankings-Denver #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kilkizan
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah they are real good! Minnesota and Chicago have some title-fight champ QB's! omg that was funny!

I didnt see us pick off New York five times, and they have had 5 different QB's play this season for them, including a 45 year old geeser. As far as i'm concerned, the jet's have the worse qb situation in the league, amigo. Did you not see they lead the league in interceptions? Let me rephrase, they picked off Daunte Culpepper 5 times (he set the record for most total yards in a single season last year, and had 39 td's) and they bears are 7-3. That is an impressive feat against any team. Quit hating.
    Last edited by Elway1983; 11-22-2005, 05:48 PM.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
      I didnt see us pick off New York five times, and they have had 5 different QB's play this season for them, including a 45 year old geeser. As far as i'm concerned, the jet's have the worse qb situation in the league, amigo. Did you not see they lead the league in interceptions? Let me rephrase, they picked off Daunte Culpepper 5 times (he set the record for most total yards in a single season last year, and had 39 td's) and they bears are 7-3. That is an impressive feat against any team. Quit hating.
      Dude... How many times did the jets throw agenst us? As many as were thrown in the two games you used as evidence? I don't think so. Herm came in and wanted to just not get another QB killed and thus hardly threw at all. Even when they did throw did we not pick off two of those?
      “Brevity is the soul of wit” – William Shakespeare

Comment

Dude... How many times did the jets throw agenst us? As many as were thrown in the two games you used as evidence? I don't think so. Herm came in and wanted to just not get another QB killed and thus hardly threw at all. Even when they did throw did we not pick off two of those?
        I don't care how many times they threw the ball, just quit hating. Give them credit for having games like that, cause no one else in the league has even had one game of 5 picks. And I guess Herm didnt do the one thing you think he wanted to accomplish, because 2 qb's left the game with injury. Check it.

Comment

Personally, I think as far as statistics go, Fox uses a very unique and debateable format, that in some ways is more accurate, and in some ways goes too far with stats rather than team make up.

However, I really don't care where we are rated in their power rankings, I just care that we keep on winning.

But, one point to the fact that several people have brought up. Several posters have asked "how can Denver move above Indy this week based on strength of schedule when Indy beat Cincy and Denver beat the Jets.

Simple, they didn't move past them, they were already above them. Last week, Fox showed two DIFFERENT tables of power rankings. The first was a their traditional DVOA without strength of schedule, which had the Colts #1. But, their refined ranking including strength of schedule was also listed and this list already had the Broncos ranked #1.

So essentially, the Broncos did not move up to #1, they were already there. But at this point, IMO, there is no reason yet to believe that the Broncos are better than the Colts until we beat them.

To the field we go... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
            Personally, I think as far as statistics go, Fox uses a very unique and debateable format, that in some ways is more accurate, and in some ways goes too far with stats rather than team make up.

However, I really don't care where we are rated in their power rankings, I just care that we keep on winning.

But, one point to the fact that several people have brought up. Several posters have asked "how can Denver move above Indy this week based on strength of schedule when Indy beat Cincy and Denver beat the Jets.

Simple, they didn't move past them, they were already above them. Last week, Fox showed two DIFFERENT tables of power rankings. The first was a their traditional DVOA without strength of schedule, which had the Colts #1. But, their refined ranking including strength of schedule was also listed and this list already had the Broncos ranked #1.

So essentially, the Broncos did not move up to #1, they were already there. But at this point, IMO, there is no reason yet to believe that the Broncos are better than the Colts until we beat them.

To the field we go... hopefully!
            Well put.

Let me just add that DVOA (and thus, FoxSports) doesn't rate based on whether a team IS better, i.e. has more talented players. It only rates based on whether a team is PLAYING better. That's for all of those who say "heck no, Indy's a better team, they proved it 2 years in a row". This isn't Madden Football. DVOA says we're playing better overall football right now, despite Indy's blowouts of Houston and San Francisco, and a close game that they were favored to win in Cincinatti. Indianapolis is the best team at what they do: Scoring quickly and pressuring the QB. Denver is the best team at what they do: Dictating the game through ball control and getting opposing offenses off of the field.

I wouldn't be disillusioned by the Cinci/Indy game. Cinci tried to play their game and lost. If there is a team that is built to take on the weaknesses of this year's Indy team, it is this year's Broncos team.
            "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WildHorse
              Here's the link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5105606

Once again they calculate Denver as #1 in their power rankings (this time with no asterisk or "placing" Indy above them). Largely due to Denver's strength-of-schedule. Indy comes in #2 after the Bengals game.

Very interesting!

That's cool. Honestly though polls mean nothing. We need to beat Indy in the playoffs before we get too excited about being #1 in any power poll.

Another Great Contribution by SNK16!

We're coming Indy!

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
                First off, I think that your still upset from those AFC championships lossed in the 80's (thank you Mr. Elway)
                Personally, that means nothing to me. I was a young child at that time that new nothing of football. So that has no real affect on me. But, I for one, can tell you Elway's name is mud in Cleveland. Just as it is in Baltimore.

Originally posted by PR-Broncomaniac
                It's a computer base ranking system, if you don't like it..............sue it!

Why are the Ravens ahead of the Brownies in the Rankings?? Cause they beat Pitt and you can't, that's why!!!

Send my regards to Reuben Droughns, the only skilled player in your team..........
                Now, this here, does offend me. I consider it very offensive that you would say such a thing. You have had a bone (Not a Dawg Bone) with me ever since you joined. Even in non-football forums you have berated me. I, honestly, do not know what I have done to offend you so much. Maybe you consider me a threat because next year the Broncos play the Browns in Cleveland? I don't know.
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Thats what happens when you go to Cleveland. Reuben Droughns was always a clean, model citixen in Denver. He goes to Cleveland and gets depressed and gets drunk. Then theirs Jeff Garcia. He was a 4 time pro bowler, then he went to Cleveland. All I can say good about the brownies is Droughns is looking like he did in Denver and they beat the phins. Finally something shut these stupid pricks in south florida up. If we ever get shut out, especially by the dawgs, I think Denver would lose half of its fan base. Good Day Dawg Dude.

Comment

Yeah, so we need to shutout the Boyz this week and thus get a 18% lead over them in the standing so they will admit that we might have a chance to beat Indy in Indy...
                    Will that play ANY part in the actual football games that still are left?

Sorry, I don't mean to be a ball-breaker here, but since when did any poll, outside the BCS, have ANYTHING to do with anything?

I doubt it has any bearing on how an opponent gears up to play denver......"oh wow...they're NUMBER 1 in the Fox Poll! What the hell are we going to do?"
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                      Foxsports has the stupidest rating of all.

The Ravens (3-7) are ahead of:

The Browns (4-6)
                      The Vikings (5-5)
                      The Lions (4-6)
                      The Bills (4-6)

That isn't right. Each of these teams has been much more impressive than Baltimore.

and the Packers (2-8) are ahead of:

The Browns (4-6)
                      The Vikings (5-5)
                      The Lions (4-6)
                      The Bills (4-6)

What the heck is up with that?
                      Hmmmmm....so the common denominator, is Cleveland SUCKS!?!?!?
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                        Hmmmmm....so the common denominator, is Cleveland SUCKS!?!?!?
                        I am saying the ratings are ridiculous.

The Ravens are 3-7 while the Browns are 4-6 ... a game ahead of the Ravens in the Division. Yet, on Fox's Power Rankings they have the Ravens ahead of the Browns?

Also the Packers are 2-8 while the Browns are 4-6 ... and the Browns won a head-to-head matchup. Yet, the Packers are ahead of the Browns?

Comment

I am saying the ratings are ridiculous.

The Ravens are 3-7 while the Browns are 4-6 ... a game ahead of the Ravens in the Division. Yet, on Fox's Power Rankings they have the Ravens ahead of the Browns?

Also the Packers are 2-8 while the Browns are 4-6 ... and the Browns won a head-to-head matchup. Yet, the Packers are ahead of the Browns?
                          Well, taking my 'homer' glasses off for the moment, I can honestly say that Indy is better than Denver, UNTIL proven otherwise.

Maybe you should try the same thing?
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Well, taking my 'homer' glasses off for the moment, I can honestly say that Indy is better than Denver, UNTIL proven otherwise.

I have to agree. Colts have beaten EVERY team they have faced this year. They can't help the teams aren't winning. Then they face the team that SO many said will beat the Colts.. and they beat them. They are unbeaten... 10-0, thats better than 8-2. Its not like our losses were to teams that are considered the top in the NFL. Until proven otherwise, we are behind Indy.

Comment

Ok fine.

Cleveland is better than the Ravens and Packers untill proven otherwise.

And look!

They are proven!

A 4-6 record is a 40% Winning Record; 60% Losing Record
                              A 3-7 record is a 30% Winning Record; 70% Losing Record
                              A 2-8 record is a 20% Winning Record; 80% Losing Record

Comment

Ok fine.

Cleveland is better than the Ravens and Packers untill proven otherwise.

And look!

They are proven!

A 4-6 record is a 40% Winning Record; 60% Losing Record
                                A 3-7 record is a 30% Winning Record; 70% Losing Record
                                A 2-8 record is a 20% Winning Record; 80% Losing Record
                                Works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X