No announcement yet.

Is Jake really mad about something...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jake really mad about something...?

Did any of you guys hear Tuesdays presser with Jake on it? He kind of went off on the first media guy. He asked Jake something about how it felt playing with a lead and Jake didnt understand the question. He responded with "Whats the question? You have all this time and thats the question you ask? G Damn." They must have caught Jake on a bad day or something, I've never seen him respond like that on Broncos TV.
    http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Originally posted by JHoward
    Did any of you guys hear Tuesdays presser with Jake on it? He kind of went off on the first media guy. He asked Jake something about how it felt playing with a lead and Jake didnt understand the question. He responded with "Whats the question? You have all this time and thats the question you ask? G Damn." They must have caught Jake on a bad day or something, I've never seen him respond like that on Broncos TV.
    I didnt hear it but this is what I am getting as a vib:

Jake is expecting a question with some degree of inteligence out of a group of reports who have had days to prepair to ask him anything they can about the Broncos or football in general, so the first guy gets up and says "How do you like playing with a lead" or some verance... Now isn't that just insulting to Jake? How do you think he feels, crappy? "Sir, it distresses me to play with a lead as I long for the games where everything is going to crap and I have to try and bring us back making many mistakes." Geez man of course the guy likes to play with a lead. My faith in the media continues into negitive territory day after day.
    “Brevity is the soul of wit” – William Shakespeare

Comment

Originally posted by kilkizan
      Jake is expecting a question with some degree of inteligence...
      Well then, that is Jake's problem. He should know better.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Jake is expecting a question with some degree of inteligence out of a group of reports who have had days to prepair to ask him anything they can about the Broncos or football in general, so the first guy gets up and says "How do you like playing with a lead" or some verance... Now isn't that just insulting to Jake? How do you think he feels, crappy? "Sir, it distresses me to play with a lead as I long for the games where everything is going to crap and I have to try and bring us back making many mistakes." Geez man of course the guy likes to play with a lead. My faith in the media continues into negitive territory day after day.
        Questions reporters ask are meant to get the person being questioned to talk about general topics and more specific ones. I'm sure the reporter wanted Jake to talk about recent success and what playing with the lead does because they can use that clip on talk shows and whatnought.

I agree that the question was grounds for a "sign" handout, but Jake should know that their inquiries are going to go along those lines by now.
        “One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain” ~Thomas Sowell

2008 Draft: my grade --> A-

Comment

Well I do think Jake is kind of a prick. Flicking off the crowd, going off on that Rocky Mountain News reporter a month or two back. I mean the guy walked out on his own wedding. He doesnt seems like the easiest guy to get along with outside the clubhouse. But who cares, we are winning, and he is playing better than he has ever played. I have no complaints.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Yeah I agree.
            http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Well said Kilkizan but I think I wana see Jake just a little bit pissed, Ive always been in Jakes corner and hope he continues to play a great season

Comment

Originally posted by biglenny
                Well said Kilkizan but I think I wana see Jake just a little bit pissed, Ive always been in Jakes corner and hope he continues to play a great season

Why so if we boo him for making a dumb play he'll flick us off again? I want him to stay however he is now. If he is happy, I hope he stays that way. If he is pissed, I hope he deals with his problems and continues his great play.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
                  Well I do think Jake is kind of a prick. Flicking off the crowd, going off on that Rocky Mountain News reporter a month or two back. I mean the guy walked out on his own wedding. He doesnt seems like the easiest guy to get along with outside the clubhouse. But who cares, we are winning, and he is playing better than he has ever played. I have no complaints.
                  I totally forgot about that! How does something like that happen?

I mean to a guy! Girls get asked to marry and they may feel they have to say "yes" and then have regrets, but think how nice it would be to be married and are ambivalent, and then get to the chapel and reality hits, so they panic and bolt.

But, why propose in the first place if that's NOT what you want? Leaving someone at the alter is classless.

Ancient Ethiopian Saying: "Look before you leap, in order not to weep! Better to keep your peace, and avoid an early decease!"

But, who reallly cares if Jake's a jerk? If he can win games on Sunday and avoid getting caught with an "Original Whizzinator" then he's o.k. with me!
                  Last edited by Cugel; 11-22-2005, 04:41 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
                    Why so if we boo him for making a dumb play he'll flick us off again? I want him to stay however he is now. If he is happy, I hope he stays that way. If he is pissed, I hope he deals with his problems and continues his great play.
                    Ill give you that. But I have to say that if I was in his shoes and peopl wer booing me they might get more then the fingure I realy dont know what to say about the other issues and since I havent read about them personaly I will not comment. I do think he has what it takes to get us deep into the playoffs this year.

Comment

Yeah I got no problems with Jake, infact I think he is a really great guy and has the same additude problems as I do, which makes me think we would be good friends. Or not... lol

I would have loved it if he had then decked the reporter and said, "Playing with a lead feels as good as kicking the crap out of the media and all you talking heads."

Can I get a "Hell Ya!" America?
                      “Brevity is the soul of wit” – William Shakespeare

Comment

My take on it is: The media guy asked him a question. The question was "how much does your offense change, how nice is it when you have the lead" Plummer then says "I've played from behind alot in my career..." I just think he didn't understand why the press was asking how the "lead feels" because now the media is seeing him play well. Almost like you being poor in the past but come into money, and someone say "Gee, how is it going not being poor anymore". You just may feel like it's a jab at you (your past)

Just my .02

Comment

[QUOTE=

Can I get a "Hell Ya!" America? [/QUOTE]

HELL YA

Comment

My two one cent possible interpretations:

1) Jake was just razzin the guy, joking around.

2) The question was like, does the offense slack off, or why does the offense slack off when having a lead?..

Comment

I didn't hear it but it sounds like a disrespectful question. That's the same response I would have given. Good for Jake!!!
                              The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Working...
                              X