Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jake really mad about something...?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by kilkizan
    Yeah I got no problems with Jake, infact I think he is a really great guy and has the same additude problems as I do, which makes me think we would be good friends. Or not... lol

    I would have loved it if he had then decked the reporter and said, "Playing with a lead feels as good as kicking the crap out of the media and all you talking heads."

    Can I get a "Hell Ya!" America?
    Hell ya!
    Media has an agenda....they need some crap kicking to see the right way....
    sigpic
    Adopted by: Peanut

    "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Elway1983
      Well I do think Jake is kind of a prick. Flicking off the crowd, going off on that Rocky Mountain News reporter a month or two back. I mean the guy walked out on his own wedding. He doesnt seems like the easiest guy to get along with outside the clubhouse. But who cares, we are winning, and he is playing better than he has ever played. I have no complaints.
      Is that true about him walking out on his own wedding? What was that all about?
      SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by biglenny
        Ill give you that. But I have to say that if I was in his shoes and peopl wer booing me they might get more then the fingure I realy dont know what to say about the other issues and since I havent read about them personaly I will not comment. I do think he has what it takes to get us deep into the playoffs this year.

        I'm really glad you never had talent to play in the NFL, because you would have ended up just like Ryan Leaf. That is part of being a QB in the NFL, your going to get booed when you play bad. If you cant accept that and get over it without stirring controversy you dont deserve to be a QB in the NFL. That is the example of a poor sport with no mental toughness, plain and simple.



        The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Cugel
          I totally forgot about that! How does something like that happen?

          I mean to a guy! Girls get asked to marry and they may feel they have to say "yes" and then have regrets, but think how nice it would be to be married and are ambivalent, and then get to the chapel and reality hits, so they panic and bolt.

          But, why propose in the first place if that's NOT what you want? Leaving someone at the alter is classless.
          So do ANY of us have the whole story on this and feel ok about making a judgement?? I think he showed class by not walking into a marriage that he (for WHATEVER reason) couldn't live with, and especially for not talking about it afterward. Since I don't have all the facts and factors, I give him the benefit of the doubt on this...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by gobroncsnv
            So do ANY of us have the whole story on this and feel ok about making a judgement?? I think he showed class by not walking into a marriage that he (for WHATEVER reason) couldn't live with, and especially for not talking about it afterward. Since I don't have all the facts and factors, I give him the benefit of the doubt on this...

            I read it in ESPN magazine, I think during his first season in Denver. Whatever the reason, he did it and it really doesn't matter. He seems to have gotten over it quite well.



            The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

            Comment


            • #21
              Come on, just because you decide to ask someone to marry you doesn't mean you can change your mind. I think a lot of people break off engagements, certainly he could have decided before the wedding but at least he did it. By the way I was under the impression he just called off the wedding, he didn't do it during the ceremony. I remember the article said he walked out on his fiance of so many years. Does someone have a link? I can't remember it clearly.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Elway1983
                Why so if we boo him for making a dumb play he'll flick us off again? I want him to stay however he is now. If he is happy, I hope he stays that way. If he is pissed, I hope he deals with his problems and continues his great play.
                One more time:

                JAKE DID NOT FLICK "US" OFF!!

                Jake flicked one one belligerent, rude, obnoxious, probably drunken fan, and I may have, too, in the heat of the moment. However, there are some prejudiced people here who I'm sure would never themselves step out of line in any way.

                Anyway, I look to keep hearing about this from the same people ten years from now.


                -----
                Last edited by topscribe; 11-22-2005, 06:31 PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Javalon
                  Well then, that is Jake's problem. He should know better.
                  I saw a clip on the NFL Network of a Shanahan interview and the reporter(s) were asking him about Peyton Manning? Shanny finally responded with "Why are we talking about him?"
                  John 11: 25-27

                  My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                  Thanks Snk16

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by topscribe
                    One more time:

                    JAKE DID NOT FLICK "US" OFF!!

                    Jake flicked one one belligerent, rude, obnoxious, probably drunken fan, and I may have, too, in the heat of the moment. However, there are some prejudiced people here who I'm sure would never themselves step out of line in any way.

                    Anyway, I look to keep hearing about this from the same people ten years from now.


                    -----
                    Hell TOP some people will be talking about after Jake is dead and buried.
                    John 11: 25-27

                    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                    Thanks Snk16

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      gosh

                      Originally posted by Elway1983
                      I'm really glad you never had talent to play in the NFL, because you would have ended up just like Ryan Leaf. That is part of being a QB in the NFL, your going to get booed when you play bad. If you cant accept that and get over it without stirring controversy you dont deserve to be a QB in the NFL. That is the example of a poor sport with no mental toughness, plain and simple.
                      You realy hurt my feelins just then thought this was just a freindly chat didnt relize someone was putin that much weight in my posts

                      p.s. I am also glad that I was never a nfl qb as I played rugby in the U.S. Navy for the Yokosua Sea Dawgs and played well and with much sportsmanship

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by topscribe
                        One more time:

                        JAKE DID NOT FLICK "US" OFF!!

                        Jake flicked one one belligerent, rude, obnoxious, probably drunken fan, and I may have, too, in the heat of the moment. However, there are some prejudiced people here who I'm sure would never themselves step out of line in any way.

                        Anyway, I look to keep hearing about this from the same people ten years from now.


                        -----
                        The thing is Top.. there really isn't any FACTS to your claim. I mean. Who's to say he was flipping ONE person off? He may have been JUST as pissed off at the ENTIRE group of people behind him as he was at some "individual" that was giving him grief. I think you are starting to get too emotionally involved with Jake. You seem to take a lot of criticisms against Jake to a pretty personal level.
                        Last edited by Ravage!!!; 11-22-2005, 10:27 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          Hell TOP some people will be talking about after Jake is dead and buried.
                          Wouldn't suprise me one bit.
                          The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Oh, surely there must be some misunderstanding to St. Jake's behavior. He has no history of ever doing something that was crude, classless or offensive.

                            In case you didn't know, this is sarcasm.

                            Why, with his history of offending his fans (both here and in AZ), his history of sticking his foot in his mouth and his history of finger spasms, should any one be surprised that he would be rude to a reporter?

                            Of course, if it were to turn into something that gets him in trouble, he could just claim that he was misunderstood and apologize. Then, everyone would go back to their worship of the mighty St. Jake.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                              The thing is Top.. there really isn't any FACTS to your claim. I mean. Who's to say he was flipping ONE person off? He may have been JUST as pissed off at the ENTIRE group of people behind him as he was at some "individual" that was giving him grief. I think you are starting to get too emotionally involved with Jake. You seem to take a lot of criticisms against Jake to a pretty personal level.
                              Who gives a damn? It was well discussed previously (you must have missed it), and evidence was there that Jake was involved with ONE fan. So what? How long ago did that happen, anyway?

                              As I said, some people here, I guess, cannot look at their own personal foibles long enough to get their minds off Jake's. It's not enough to criticize his performance on the field; he character must be smeared, too. I'll tell you, this board is not without its hypocrites.

                              -----

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                                Oh, surely there must be some misunderstanding to St. Jake's behavior. He has no history of ever doing something that was crude, classless or offensive.

                                In case you didn't know, this is sarcasm.

                                Why, with his history of offending his fans (both here and in AZ), his history of sticking his foot in his mouth and his history of finger spasms, should any one be surprised that he would be rude to a reporter?

                                Of course, if it were to turn into something that gets him in trouble, he could just claim that he was misunderstood and apologize. Then, everyone would go back to their worship of the mighty St. Jake.
                                Maybe it's just overreaction to your attempts to demonize him.

                                -----

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X