X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by JHoward
    Did any of you guys hear Tuesdays presser with Jake on it? He kind of went off on the first media guy. He asked Jake something about how it felt playing with a lead and Jake didnt understand the question. He responded with "Whats the question? You have all this time and thats the question you ask? G Damn." They must have caught Jake on a bad day or something, I've never seen him respond like that on Broncos TV.
    He was late for his nooner with the cheerleader he is dating, you would be mad too if you had to sit there and listen to questions from reporter instead of hooking up with that fine peice of grade 'A'.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    well.. thats just because thats the reputation Jake has "earned" over the last 8 years of his career. You can't really expect people to forget 8 fulll seasons of a pattern simply because of good play in 9 games (I'm ignoring game one).

Brett Favre is both. A gunslinger that is an interception waiting to happen. For those of you that don't think Favre gets criticism, don't listen to much sports radio. Favre has been getting crusified this season. Fans from allllllll over the world are trying to claim how "over-rated" Brett is, and how its time to bring in the rookie. So NO ONE is above the critics. Just as Jake isn't. Someday, Jake will earn the respect of the critics on INTs, but they will still be there to criticize another part of his game. THats just the beast of the position.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoWilly
    replied
    Give JP Slack

Why do some guys get a reputation as "Gun Slingers" and "Athletic" and JP gets a rep as "an interception waiting to happen." It's unfair. And he hears that same crap every single day repeated in different questions and statements.

So good for Jake. If his name was Farve or Culpepber or McNabb the reporters question after two days to think of a question would not have been that.

Unconditional Love for Jake Plumber and the World's Fasted Offensive Line.

Leave a comment:

• jjjezebel
    replied
    No...whoops! I just quoted your post because I liked the Shanny quote in it.

My other comments were just general observations of what I've seen on these boards, and weren't directed to anyone in particular.

Sorry for the mixup!

Leave a comment:

• Canadian_Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by jjjezebel
    Really? That's Football 101? Wow, maybe Dom Capers needs to retake that course.

Seriously, it cracks me up to come out to this board and see all the Jake haters. Y'all want David Carr? For sale, cheap, as is. We'll take Jake in a heartbeat. I've been having a blast watching him this season, he's having such a fantastic year. (Which is why I'll always be a closet Broncos fan.) Heck, with the year my team is having, I have to have something to cheer for, right?

You dont think i am a Jake hater do you?

Leave a comment:

• jjjezebel
    replied
    Originally posted by Canadian_Fan
    Really who gives a @$ck................it was a dumb question and if you ask me he got a dumb answer.

Shanahan was asked the same question and he laughed also responding...."LOL LOL OF COURSE WE LIKE TO PLAY WITH THE LEAD THATS FOOTBALL 101"

To me know big deal.........to those that are offeneded ask Jake for an apology
    Really? That's Football 101? Wow, maybe Dom Capers needs to retake that course.

Seriously, it cracks me up to come out to this board and see all the Jake haters. Y'all want David Carr? For sale, cheap, as is. We'll take Jake in a heartbeat. I've been having a blast watching him this season, he's having such a fantastic year. (Which is why I'll always be a closet Broncos fan.) Heck, with the year my team is having, I have to have something to cheer for, right?

Leave a comment:

• Canadian_Fan
    replied
    Really who gives a @$ck................it was a dumb question and if you ask me he got a dumb answer.

Shanahan was asked the same question and he laughed also responding...."LOL LOL OF COURSE WE LIKE TO PLAY WITH THE LEAD THATS FOOTBALL 101"

To me know big deal.........to those that are offeneded ask Jake for an apology

Leave a comment:

• Eldritch
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe
    As one of my final acts on the board for the evening, I just gave you CP for this comment.

-----
    Got mine too. Excellent post.

Leave a comment:

• CameronY
    replied
    The truth shall set you free...thanks TOP

As one of my final acts on the board for the evening, I just gave you CP for this comment.

-----
    I appreciate the CP, Top. Now I need to figure out what that is.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by CameronY
    Well firstly, I must agree that there are those who are staunch against the antagonists which pay JP no respect. I am one of them, a rookie on this board albeit.

It may seem that the JP defenders think he is a "Saint" because they spend so much time talking about his positive traits, and trying to deflect the criticism of his faults. It ain't always so. Well, maybe there are some who think he can do no wrong. But I can tell you that I defend against the assinine (sp?) criticism that is clearly and blatantly prejudicially based. Jake is not a saint, he is human.

Any man who has elevated himself out of a hole which he inadvertantly dug himself into can certianly respect what Jake has done this year. This doesn't make him a saint, it makes him a human who sees that there is light at the end of the tunnel, that there are greener pastures if you're willing to work hard to get there.

After all, isn't this why we all watch the game and get so excited about it? We try to live out our lives, overcome our own personal failures in life by taking on an imaginary role as a QB or receiver. Our criticism or support is reflection of how we would view ourselves in a similar situation. Apparently, there are some who never pleased their Daddy's enough and continue to carry that baggage to this day.

But I will tell you that there needs to be a line drawn between healthy criticism and flat out prejudice. There are those who have clearly made it known to all here where they stand in reference to that line. They relish in this stance. They go to great efforts to let everyone know exactly where they stand and then cry about getting spanked for their bad attitude. Yet they come back for more! Almost like they like it!

I say, bring 'em on, let 'em continue on their rant about how the sky is falling.

-----

Leave a comment:

• CameronY
    replied
    Defenders?

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    Yes. But I wouldn't say there are many more of those that continue to defend Jake at all costs... on ly being able to see him as the GREATEST, and unable to see any faults.. thus ATTACKING anyone and everyone that says a single critical thing of him. So who's better? (obviously I'm speaking of things other than just this particular topic).
    Well firstly, I must agree that there are those who are staunch against the antagonists which pay JP no respect. I am one of them, a rookie on this board albeit.

It may seem that the JP defenders think he is a "Saint" because they spend so much time talking about his positive traits, and trying to deflect the criticism of his faults. It ain't always so. Well, maybe there are some who think he can do no wrong. But I can tell you that I defend against the assinine (sp?) criticism that is clearly and blatantly prejudicially based. Jake is not a saint, he is human.

Any man who has elevated himself out of a hole which he inadvertantly dug himself into can certianly respect what Jake has done this year. This doesn't make him a saint, it makes him a human who sees that there is light at the end of the tunnel, that there are greener pastures if you're willing to work hard to get there.

After all, isn't this why we all watch the game and get so excited about it? We try to live out our lives, overcome our own personal failures in life by taking on an imaginary role as a QB or receiver. Our criticism or support is reflection of how we would view ourselves in a similar situation. Apparently, there are some who never pleased their Daddy's enough and continue to carry that baggage to this day.

But I will tell you that there needs to be a line drawn between healthy criticism and flat out prejudice. There are those who have clearly made it known to all here where they stand in reference to that line. They relish in this stance. They go to great efforts to let everyone know exactly where they stand and then cry about getting spanked for their bad attitude. Yet they come back for more! Almost like they like it!

I say, bring 'em on, let 'em continue on their rant about how the sky is falling.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    I actually wasn't attempting to put you down. Only asking you to chill a lil.

But as far as the rest. SOme people despiseJake. Ok, and? SO what! Its OK to despise someone. That is THEIR right to despise him. Thats their given right. Thats their right as a human, as an american, and as a fan. You don't HAVE to understand it, just accept it. There are a LOT of people that don't see all this "immense" talent you wish to see in Jake. But you know what? Thats ok too! Its ok that YOU see it in him, and its ok that others do not.

Just as you see this immense talent in Lelie. You see it in him, others do not! That doesn't keep you from criticizing him..right?

You say you aren't a natural lover of Jake. That doesn't matter how or when you became the defender. I'm just saying that its a losing battle when you are defending against those that you feel "despise" him.... right?
    I have the same right not to accept their animosity as they do to have it, Rav. And I have the right to speak up about it. I don't have an issue with ANTI-JAKE people, who have an issue with what they perceive as his inconsistency. In that case, I take issue with their opinion. But to the HATERS (and they do exist), I take issue with THEM.

It pains me to see that Mtnman seems to border on that because I view him as a quality person, and I also view him as a friend. But he exasperates me at times. But, contrary to the opinons of some of the more rabid Jake fans here, Mtnman is not the worst of the anti-Jake people. He just gets the most notoriety here. That's why, even though I disagree with him about most issues, I have jumped to his defense in the face of a fusillade of personal attacks against him.

Oh well, I'm sitting on a tender spot tonight, I guess.

I'll come back tomorrow with a smile on my face.

-----

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Well, I'm glad I'm such a source of joy for some people.

Back to Jake, in my 45 years of following the Broncos, I have never seen anyone attacked as Jake has been. Not Romanowski, not Gardener, not Kennison. Some people on these boards DESPISE the man!! It is beyond me precisely why. I don't believe his following John Elway is the answer . . . . at least not in full. Hell, it's been seven years since Elway has played a game, and Jake is two QBs away from him.

I am not in the running for president of the Jake Plummer fan club. He's ASU alumnus, and I am a big U. of Arizona fan. I hated the Cardinals (still do). I had no affinity for Jake as he came to the Broncos. Moreover, I am a huge John Elway fan. I LIKED Griese a lot; still do. I HATED to see Griese go (and it is turning out I was right, as he showed until his injury this year). So I am not a natural Plummer fan. I simply can see his immense talent, that's all.

Well, there is nothing more I can say about it tonight. Besides, I have a lot to do tomorrow, so it's about time to shut 'er down.

-----
    I actually wasn't attempting to put you down. Only asking you to chill a lil.

But as far as the rest. SOme people despiseJake. Ok, and? SO what! Its OK to despise someone. That is THEIR right to despise him. Thats their given right. Thats their right as a human, as an american, and as a fan. You don't HAVE to understand it, just accept it. There are a LOT of people that don't see all this "immense" talent you wish to see in Jake. But you know what? Thats ok too! Its ok that YOU see it in him, and its ok that others do not.

Just as you see this immense talent in Lelie. You see it in him, others do not! That doesn't keep you from criticizing him..right?

You say you aren't a natural lover of Jake. That doesn't matter how or when you became the defender. I'm just saying that its a losing battle when you are defending against those that you feel "despise" him.... right?

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Wow.. you are beginning to really taking it as a personal undertaking to b Jake's personal defender. Its obvious that ANY celebrity gets bashed for what they do ON their job, and off their job. If its a good movie, bad movie, or if they have pasta for dinner (not to mention their love lives). Its the same thing with Athletes. They are going to get criticized and praised for what they do ON the field, as well as what they do off of it. IF they give the crowd the bird...they WILL get criticized for it. IF they give to charity, they get praised for it. If they throw a TD pass, they get praised, if they throw an INT, they get criticized. THey even get critcized for what they hand out at Halloween. So what? Thats PART of the job of being an NFL QB.

If you just see the segment as throwing stones, then why is it you feel the desire/need to defend Jake with such conviction, when you know that only fuels the fire? Remember, Jake only gave ONE finger to the criticizing crowd. After that, it was over. If he continued to give the finger over and over again, he would continue to fuel the fire. His play on the field isn't going to make people stop and see him as SUPER Human.. beyond criticism. We all know that we all have 'sins' and troubles...but we don't have the job of being a public figure and/or rolemodel.

Your overzealous desire to be Jake's savior and personal bodyguard is only making the enjoyment, for those that put him down, that much more entertaining.
    Well, I'm glad I'm such a source of joy for some people.

Back to Jake, in my 45 years of following the Broncos, I have never seen anyone attacked as Jake has been. Not Romanowski, not Gardener, not Kennison. Some people on these boards DESPISE the man!! It is beyond me precisely why. I don't believe his following John Elway is the answer . . . . at least not in full. Hell, it's been seven years since Elway has played a game, and Jake is two QBs away from him.

I am not in the running for president of the Jake Plummer fan club. He's ASU alumnus, and I am a big U. of Arizona fan. I hated the Cardinals (still do). I had no affinity for Jake as he came to the Broncos. Moreover, I am a huge John Elway fan. I LIKED Griese a lot; still do. I HATED to see Griese go (and it is turning out I was right, as he showed until his injury this year). So I am not a natural Plummer fan. I simply can see his immense talent, that's all.

Well, there is nothing more I can say about it tonight. Besides, I have a lot to do tomorrow, so it's about time to shut 'er down.

-----

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by CameronY
    Healthy debate is good and is what makes this great nation what it is. I must admit though that TOP has a very good point, there are some regulars on this board who only accentuate the negative and who relish in riding that wave of resentment they stir up on this board.
    Yes. But I wouldn't say there are many more of those that continue to defend Jake at all costs... on ly being able to see him as the GREATEST, and unable to see any faults.. thus ATTACKING anyone and everyone that says a single critical thing of him. So who's better? (obviously I'm speaking of things other than just this particular topic).
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 11-22-2005, 11:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X