Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RazR
    replied
    C'mon guys... Jake was clearly messing with the reporter.

Loosen up people..

Leave a comment:

• CameronY
    replied
    I agree with TOP

Healthy debate is good and is what makes this great nation what it is. I must admit though that TOP has a very good point, there are some regulars on this board who only accentuate the negative and who relish in riding that wave of resentment they stir up on this board.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe
    Or in Jake's case, everything that could be deemed "bad" and precious little that could be deemed "good."

So what if it will not change anybody's mind? I will still speak up. That is what the segment is doing, who insist on JACKING UP our QB, despite the fact that he is a HUMAN BEING who is doing a fantastic job this year. They can go ahead and keep throwing their stones, seeing as how they are without sin.

-----
    Wow.. you are beginning to really taking it as a personal undertaking to b Jake's personal defender. Its obvious that ANY celebrity gets bashed for what they do ON their job, and off their job. If its a good movie, bad movie, or if they have pasta for dinner (not to mention their love lives). Its the same thing with Athletes. They are going to get criticized and praised for what they do ON the field, as well as what they do off of it. IF they give the crowd the bird...they WILL get criticized for it. IF they give to charity, they get praised for it. If they throw a TD pass, they get praised, if they throw an INT, they get criticized. THey even get critcized for what they hand out at Halloween. So what? Thats PART of the job of being an NFL QB.

If you just see the segment as throwing stones, then why is it you feel the desire/need to defend Jake with such conviction, when you know that only fuels the fire? Remember, Jake only gave ONE finger to the criticizing crowd. After that, it was over. If he continued to give the finger over and over again, he would continue to fuel the fire. His play on the field isn't going to make people stop and see him as SUPER Human.. beyond criticism. We all know that we all have 'sins' and troubles...but we don't have the job of being a public figure and/or rolemodel.

Your overzealous desire to be Jake's savior and personal bodyguard is only making the enjoyment, for those that put him down, that much more entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• CameronY
    replied
    Listen to the question from the reporter

Everyone is so anxious to assume Jake flew off the handle.. I must admit, I was aghast upon first hearing it. But just listen to it, will ya?

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...3&videoID=1015

Copy and paste this link into your browser, then click ont he NOV 22 press conference link with Jake Plumber below the video screen.

Too quick to rush to judgement....

That reporter deserved a reaming, but Jake handled it pretty well after getting the GD sigh out of him.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
    Top, you're really going overboard on this defense of St. Jake.

You have mentioned a player's behavior off the field, even to the point of stating the importance of character off the field.

But, since it's St. Jake, it's hands off I guess.

Your double standard is showing.
    No, it is your myopia regarding Jake's character. You either missed my point or you ignored it. What I tried to point out is your insistence on pointing out Jake's foibles while ignoring his service to the community, which is substantial. (If you ask me to detail that, then you have also been ignoring the media.)

Are you alluding to my comments on T.O.? Tell me you're not. Because if you are, you are categorizing Jake with T.O. If you can show me where Jake cursed the coach, trashed his receivers, engaged in fistfights with staff, challenged the team to a fight, then you may have something there. If not, then tell me what you're getting at.

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 11-22-2005, 11:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    What??? he didn't ask how much your offense DRINKS!! *laughs*.... I think YOU have been drinking!!

You and Top are on Fire tonight. I had to give each of you CP's for the last couple posts.

As far as this topic goes, not going to get involved. I am not sure what the reporter asked. We all know Jake (mtn man) is no saint and neither are any of us. I get asked stupid questions every day and at times get frustrated too. Not making an excuse for him, but without once again knowing the full details, there is no need to get all defensive or worked up about it.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    I DON'T care. But there is no way "enough evidence" could be provided to prove anything of the sort. Because there IS no evidence that could be provided.

But EVERY Qb, and ANY big name figure in ANY City, gets their play ON the field (court, field, arena, ice)....and off it. Thats part of being in the spotlight. Thats part of it, period. Rushing to the defense each and every time it happens, isn't going to stop it from happening, and isn't going to stop the remarks. Its only going to continue to get your feathers in a ruffle, and you aren't going to change anyone's mind.
    Or in Jake's case, everything that could be deemed "bad" and precious little that could be deemed "good."

So what if it will not change anybody's mind? I will still speak up. That is what the segment is doing, who insist on JACKING UP our QB, despite the fact that he is a HUMAN BEING who is doing a fantastic job this year. They can go ahead and keep throwing their stones, seeing as how they are without sin.

-----

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    If you don't have to, then why do you? Jake does plenty in the community that can be considered good. Have you mentioned that? No, just anything derogatory about him. If you have issued with his performance as a player, yes, bring them up. But you should straighten out your skirt; your PERSONAL VENDETTA is showing.

-----
    Top, you're really going overboard on this defense of St. Jake.

You have mentioned a player's behavior off the field, even to the point of stating the importance of character off the field.

But, since it's St. Jake, it's hands off I guess.

Your double standard is showing.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by CameronY
    Just for what it's worth, I listened to that interview and was aghast at his response too! Then I realized that I couldn't really hear what the question fromt he reporter was.

So I listened again and agian and again. Here's what I hear from the very beginning to when Jake get's upset at the reporter:

Jake " How many of these guys are still coming?"

Helper: "None"

Jake: "That's it? Allright."

Reporter: "Jake, how much does your offense drink and how nice is it that you guys are playing with a lead....?" then there's something unintelligable said by presumably the same reporter.

Jake: "What..what was your quetion? You had all this time and that's what you ask me?" ...long exasperated sigh..."God d...."
    What??? he didn't ask how much your offense DRINKS!! *laughs*.... I think YOU have been drinking!!

Leave a comment:

• CameronY
    replied
    Turn up the volume on the Presser link..You'd get upset too!

Just for what it's worth, I listened to that interview and was aghast at his response too! Then I realized that I couldn't really hear what the question fromt he reporter was.

So I listened again and agian and again. Here's what I hear from the very beginning to when Jake get's upset at the reporter:

Jake " How many of these guys are still coming?"

Helper: "None"

Jake: "That's it? Allright."

Reporter: "Jake, how much does your offense drink and how nice is it that you guys are playing with a lead....?" then there's something unintelligable said by presumably the same reporter.

Jake: "What..what was your quetion? You had all this time and that's what you ask me?" ...long exasperated sigh..."God d...."

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    I don't have to do anything to demonize JP. He does a great job of that on his own.
    If you don't have to, then why do you? Jake does plenty in the community that can be considered good. Have you mentioned that? No, just anything derogatory about him. If you have issued with his performance as a player, yes, bring them up. But you should straighten out your skirt; your PERSONAL VENDETTA is showing.

-----

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Who gives a damn? It was well discussed previously (you must have missed it), and evidence was there that Jake was involved with ONE fan. So what? How long ago did that happen, anyway?

As I said, some people here, I guess, cannot look at their own personal foibles long enough to get their minds off Jake's. It's not enough to criticize his performance on the field; he character must be smeared, too. I'll tell you, this board is not without its hypocrites.

-----
    I DON'T care. But there is no way "enough evidence" could be provided to prove anything of the sort. Because there IS no evidence that could be provided.

But EVERY Qb, and ANY big name figure in ANY City, gets their play ON the field (court, field, arena, ice)....and off it. Thats part of being in the spotlight. Thats part of it, period. Rushing to the defense each and every time it happens, isn't going to stop it from happening, and isn't going to stop the remarks. Its only going to continue to get your feathers in a ruffle, and you aren't going to change anyone's mind.

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    Maybe it's just overreaction to your attempts to demonize him.

-----
    I don't have to do anything to demonize JP. He does a great job of that on his own.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Oh, surely there must be some misunderstanding to St. Jake's behavior. He has no history of ever doing something that was crude, classless or offensive.

In case you didn't know, this is sarcasm.

Why, with his history of offending his fans (both here and in AZ), his history of sticking his foot in his mouth and his history of finger spasms, should any one be surprised that he would be rude to a reporter?

Of course, if it were to turn into something that gets him in trouble, he could just claim that he was misunderstood and apologize. Then, everyone would go back to their worship of the mighty St. Jake.
    Maybe it's just overreaction to your attempts to demonize him.

-----

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    The thing is Top.. there really isn't any FACTS to your claim. I mean. Who's to say he was flipping ONE person off? He may have been JUST as pissed off at the ENTIRE group of people behind him as he was at some "individual" that was giving him grief. I think you are starting to get too emotionally involved with Jake. You seem to take a lot of criticisms against Jake to a pretty personal level.
    Who gives a damn? It was well discussed previously (you must have missed it), and evidence was there that Jake was involved with ONE fan. So what? How long ago did that happen, anyway?

As I said, some people here, I guess, cannot look at their own personal foibles long enough to get their minds off Jake's. It's not enough to criticize his performance on the field; he character must be smeared, too. I'll tell you, this board is not without its hypocrites.

-----

Leave a comment:

Working...
X