Is Jake really mad about something...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USMC_Davii
    They must've cut the clip down a bit. It starts out with Jake actually answering the question. Even with the descriptions on here I don't see anything wrong with it. Nobody pays Jake to be friendly or nice to anyone. He is respected by his teammates and he is winning ball games, has been since he got here.

On the flipping off... so what... Everyone loses their cool occasionally... Did you feel Plummer was personally flipping you off? Well, then I guess he personally apologized to you later.
    Yep after all the debating they ended up up cutting that part out of the presser. Someone must have read this post and decide to edit it.
    http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
      Lou Saban had it worse.
      One single statement of Saban's will go down in infamy: "Half a loaf is better than none."
      Should never have said it . . . . he was in enough trouble as it was.

Regarding the rest of your post: CP when I get a fresh supply.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by CameronY
        Well firstly, I must agree that there are those who are staunch against the antagonists which pay JP no respect. I am one of them, a rookie on this board albeit.

It may seem that the JP defenders think he is a "Saint" because they spend so much time talking about his positive traits, and trying to deflect the criticism of his faults. It ain't always so. Well, maybe there are some who think he can do no wrong. But I can tell you that I defend against the assinine (sp?) criticism that is clearly and blatantly prejudicially based. Jake is not a saint, he is human.

Any man who has elevated himself out of a hole which he inadvertantly dug himself into can certianly respect what Jake has done this year. This doesn't make him a saint, it makes him a human who sees that there is light at the end of the tunnel, that there are greener pastures if you're willing to work hard to get there.

After all, isn't this why we all watch the game and get so excited about it? We try to live out our lives, overcome our own personal failures in life by taking on an imaginary role as a QB or receiver. Our criticism or support is reflection of how we would view ourselves in a similar situation. Apparently, there are some who never pleased their Daddy's enough and continue to carry that baggage to this day.

But I will tell you that there needs to be a line drawn between healthy criticism and flat out prejudice. There are those who have clearly made it known to all here where they stand in reference to that line. They relish in this stance. They go to great efforts to let everyone know exactly where they stand and then cry about getting spanked for their bad attitude. Yet they come back for more! Almost like they like it!

I say, bring 'em on, let 'em continue on their rant about how the sky is falling.

That was one of the best posts I have ever read on these boards. CP to you for that. And another CP for not getting a response from it from a Jake basher.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
          Well I do think Jake is kind of a prick. Flicking off the crowd, going off on that Rocky Mountain News reporter a month or two back. I mean the guy walked out on his own wedding. He doesnt seems like the easiest guy to get along with outside the clubhouse. But who cares, we are winning, and he is playing better than he has ever played. I have no complaints.
          He doesn't have to get along with anyone outside of the locker room. As long as he keeps playing well and keeps being a leader for this team...that's all that matters. Heck with the media. Especially the Denver media.
          Last edited by Elway; 11-23-2005, 08:00 PM. Reason: LANGUAGE VIOLATION

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
            He doesn't have to get along with anyone outside of the locker room. As long as he keeps playing well and keeps being a leader for this team...that's all that matters. Heck with the media. Especially the Denver media.
            Thats where you are incorrect. He DOES have to get along with people outside the locker room. Its the responsible thing to do as a professional athlete. You can't just "screw the media and the fans" because they give you a hard time. Thats what immature people do. The "heck with the media, especially the denver media" would be the WORST thing Jake could do to get support from the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
              Thats where you are incorrect. He DOES have to get along with people outside the locker room. Its the responsible thing to do as a professional athlete. You can't just "screw the media and the fans" because they give you a hard time. Thats what immature people do. The "heck with the media, especially the denver media" would be the WORST thing Jake could do to get support from the fans.

Actually the worst thing he could do to lose support from the fans is start losing games. As a fan, I don't follow this guys every move off the football field, hang on every word he says, or care about who he is dating.

I do hang on his every move on the football field, hang on audibles he might call, and might yell at him for a bad play or pass.

Jake might not get along with the media like he should but does anyone get along with constant harping for every move they make? I am not justifying Jakes actions off the field, nor do I even care. I bring on the debates about his play on the field and the reason we are all here to begin with. To talk Broncos and cheer on our team. If his teamates, coaches and ownership have no problem with him, then why should a fan?

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                Actually the worst thing he could do to lose support from the fans is start losing games.
                Now THIS.. I definatly agree with!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                  Top, you're really going overboard on this defense of St. Jake.

You have mentioned a player's behavior off the field, even to the point of stating the importance of character off the field.

But, since it's St. Jake, it's hands off I guess.

Your double standard is showing.

--- mtnman --- until now, i have been giving you the benefit of the doubt, however is is ever so obvious your "constructive critcism" of Jake Plummer has now devolved from stat attacks to character attacks ---

--- Fact is, no matter how well Jake succeeds, you will never accept him ---

--- as i mentioned in another post, i have saved all of your comments and those of MUG, to a Word document --- i will Quote you both at the end of the season, and we will compare your doomsday predictions ---

--- many were critical when Shanny picked up DL and CBs --- real critical --- now it seems that may have been a wise choice --- haven't heard any complaints lately -

--- all of us have high expections this season, beginning with Jake himself, the Team, the Organization, all the way down to fans like me and top ---

--- if we don't do well this season, we will all be disappointed --- and we will all expect some major changes next year ---

--- now that there hasn't been any INTs to whine about, you folks have to resort to judging someone you don't even know ---

--- there are plenty of felons in the NFL --- why not crusade against one of those wife beating murderers ?

--- Come on, mtnman, get positive, leave Jake alone, and cheer for your TEAM !!!

--- GO BRONCOS !!! ---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                  The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                  http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                  My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

I love these JP posts. The fact that people have to talk about him so much just proves that he is THE MOST important piece of this team.

Sure some are angry that he is breaking Elways records and will continue to do so, but they must learn you can't live in the past.

JP will lead this team to a Super Bowl victory. He will be the legacy that the youngsters of today will remember.

Jake Plummer-- A great citizen, a great man and a great QB. Oh Yeah!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                      Oh, surely there must be some misunderstanding to St. Jake's behavior. He has no history of ever doing something that was crude, classless or offensive.

In case you didn't know, this is sarcasm.

Why, with his history of offending his fans (both here and in AZ), his history of sticking his foot in his mouth and his history of finger spasms, should any one be surprised that he would be rude to a reporter?

Of course, if it were to turn into something that gets him in trouble, he could just claim that he was misunderstood and apologize. Then, everyone would go back to their worship of the mighty St. Jake.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
                      Gee, thanks for the sympathy, but save it for someone in the Church of St. Jake for when he does something stupid.

--- mtnman --- you and i have an agreement to wait and see how the season pans out and then compare notes ---

--- ( oh yeah, i've saved all of your opinions and also those of Mugs, whom i have a similiar "temp truce") --- isn't Word great ?

--- you know that i have been a proponent of your right as a TRUE Bronco fan to express your concerns ---

--- however, in all fairness, i will wait until the writing is on the wall for all to see, before i re-publish quotes from you and MUG ---

--- if your theory is correct, we are about to go into a tailspin, finish off the second half of the season with a losing record, and then squeak into the playoffs, only to bow out in the first round --- just like the past few years, right ? ---
                      --- some of us are not members of the saint Jake club --- we do have confidence in Jake ---
                      --- think i can speak for top and Jr --- we have been avid supporters of Jake, but we do no think he is flawless ---
                      --- Jake has made adjustments with his teammates and coaches, and has worked real hard ---

--- none of us, including Jake himself, are expecting anything less than a shot at it all ---
                      --- and none of us, including Jake, will accept anything less !!!
                      --- we have been hashing and re-hashing every aspect of Jake's game for a long, long time ---

--- don't worry about the bandwagon noobs --- there just appears to be more and more because Jake is having a MVP year ---

--- Mtnman, i think the end result will be win-win for all of us Bronco fans ---

--- GO BRONCOS !!! ---
                      ---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

these constant jake arguments are getting old and tired
                        can't you all just give it a rest for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by AZchubbs
                          I love these JP posts. The fact that people have to talk about him so much just proves that he is THE MOST important piece of this team.

Sure some are angry that he is breaking Elways records and will continue to do so, but they must learn you can't live in the past.

JP will lead this team to a Super Bowl victory. He will be the legacy that the youngsters of today will remember.

Jake Plummer-- A great citizen, a great man and a great QB. Oh Yeah!!!!

*just laughs at you*.. there is NOOoooo way this is a serious post! Thank you for making me laugh like this... it was fun

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                            --- Mtnman, i think the end result will be win-win for all of us Bronco fans ---

--- GO BRONCOS !!! ---
                            ---

Truer words have never been spoken. So quickly does everyone get off on a little tangent about whose arguement is better concerning pro/negative Jake.

Lets look at this year, the here and now and his production on the field. Why look anywhere else. His play on the field is where he has drawn the most criticism in years past, and now that he is playing good football, those critics aren't man/woman enough to credit that. They will just try and find every other little thing to try and bring Jake down.

That theme is getting very tired.

Comment

Working...
                            X