Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennie Walls Could Be Headed to Oakland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennie Walls Could Be Headed to Oakland!

Just noticed this piece: The Raiders Reportedly Have Some Interest in Signing Lennie Walls

I don't like that idea! Eddie Kennison basically sucks, but he always manages to play great against Denver, just because he hates Shanahan so.

Even if Walls doesn't blossom into a great CB (and despite all the Walls haters around here, the jury is still out on that) he could still be a thorn in the Broncos side twice every year for the hated silver and black. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Go to Atlanta Lennie! God Speed!
    sigpic

I figured that from the moment I heard we were letting him go. Davis must be really desperate to try and get something going against us come dec. IMO Lenny is better than who they have now in their secondary.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Isn't there a waiver-line deal-hicky thing or somethin, and it's based on record? Or is he just released outright?

Comment

URF! I posted the Wrong Link!

Sorry about that! Here's the LINK

For those of you who are mouse-challenged:

Walls stays put

The Broncos determined Monday that veteran cornerback Lenny Walls will need another week of recovery for his groin injury.

Walls is expected to be released from the injured reserve list next week.

"We are confident Lenny will be healthy enough to pass an NFL physical next Monday and then be released," said his agent, Peter Schaffer. "He is looking forward to moving on with his career."

Walls was put on injured reserve Nov. 1, and the Broncos must release him within a six- week window.

Walls injured his groin Oct. 23 against the New York Giants. Teams that might have an interest in claiming him include New England, Oakland and Atlanta.
        And you're right. Lennie COULD turn out to be better than the Raiders' other CBs right now. So could my dog.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
          Just noticed this piece: The Raiders Reportedly Have Some Interest in Signing Lennie Walls

I don't like that idea! Eddie Kennison basically sucks, but he always manages to play great against Denver, just because he hates Shanahan so.

Even if Walls doesn't blossom into a great CB (and despite all the Walls haters around here, the jury is still out on that) he could still be a thorn in the Broncos side twice every year for the hated silver and black. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Go to Atlanta Lennie! God Speed!

Kennison is a good WR with good speed. I dont like his additude, but he plays good, especially against the brocnos. Funny, the Rams selected him one pick before the Colts took Marvin Harrison.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

I think Walls will go to NE

1) He played at Boston College

2) NE needs secondary help and they should be trying to get him more than Atlanta and Oakland....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDforTatum26
              I think Walls will go to NE

1) He played at Boston College

2) NE needs secondary help and they should be trying to get him more than Atlanta and Oakland....

He would be help there, but going to BC really has nothing to do with it.

Comment

I always thought he would go to NE as well. Since all their injury problems, seems like it wo uld be a good fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
                  Kennison is a good WR with good speed. I dont like his additude, but he plays good, especially against the brocnos. Funny, the Rams selected him one pick before the Colts took Marvin Harrison.
                  Man. Can you imagine the rams with Bruce, Holt, and Harrison???? Holy moly

Comment

harrison wouldn't have been that great if he didn't had manning. I hate him so much, i just wanna knock the sh$t out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosrules05
                      harrison wouldn't have been that great if he didn't had manning. I hate him so much, i just wanna knock the sh$t out of him.
                      I think your forgetting who played QB for the rams for a few years. Kurt Warner had a three year stretch where he threw for 97 td's and 12,612 yards. That is an average of 32 td's and 4,204 yards over three years. Plus they played in a dome. He might not have been as good, but he still would've been all pro.

Comment

harrison is a great wr, why do you hate him, he does hte job does not have a mouth like owens or moss what more can you ask for

Comment

Manning, I presume you mean?

sigpic
                          They're your teammates, now.
                          Best of luck, TT!
                          ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Best wishes to you Lenny. You'll get with the right team. Tweak your technique. You'll be a favorite of mine no matter where you are.
                            Emancipate your mind!
                            The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
                              He would be help there, but going to BC really has nothing to do with it.
                              actually yes BC does have something to do with it....

Walls is deciding between Oakland,Atlanta,and NE.

If he picks NE....he would be going back home and where he played college....I also read a story somewhere that he would love to go back to where he played in college.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X