Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Take of the Cowboys for this game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Take of the Cowboys for this game

    My Take of the Cowboys for this game


    As a cowboy fan, I am a little worried about how good we can pass protect. We are starting Tucker the backup at LT, and our RT is a rookie 6th rounder. He has been fairly decent, but you can tell he is still wet behind the ears. We have been doing a lot of chipping, but last week we were not very good at keeping bledsoe protected. He got hit a lot.

    If we can pick up the blitz, you would be better served to not even try. Our receivers are sure handed and are different types. Key is a possession guy that isn't afraid to go over the middle, and Glenn is a speed guy. Witten is a stud TE, but he is better at receiving than blocking.


    Our defense is considered our strong suit, but I think we are a little overrated at this point. Our DLine is deep with 2 solid players at every position. We have Demarcus Ware our #1 pick who started pretty strong, but has been seeing more double teams and chip blocking lately.

    Our Defensive backfield is playing as solid as any since the mid nineties. Henry, Newman and Roy Williams could all go to the pro bowl this year. Aaron Glenn has been a good nickle corner and has made plays, although he did get burned 2 times against the skins. Our FS is a soft spot this year. Pile is a decent player that follows his assignments moreso than Keith Davis, so he plays in most passing situations, while Davis plays a lot of special teams as well. Some of the guys call him "killer" for his hard hitting on special teams.

    I am a little concerned with the team that we have too many injuries right now to play with you guys. Flozell Adams LT IR former pro bowler, Patrick Crayton WR, kept Peerless Price inactive until he was hurt for the most part, Al Singleton OLB on IR that played for the Super Bowl champs in Tampa, Anthony Henry CB, should start after recovering from a torn groin, could possibly go to the pro bowl.

    We will most likely play a contain style D to try to slow down the running game. Zimmer has a philosophy of "occupy and engage" for the lineman on running downs. We will be most concerned with not allowing Bell to get outside. We will probably bring Roy and Keith up in the box on obvious running downs, until you prove you can beat our corners early. You could get a big play early with play action on first or second down. That is my biggest fear on D.

    On Offense we dont have a good ypc but that doesn't stop Bill Parcells. We run it and run it and try to have a managable 3rd down.

    Should be a good game. I hope the family doesn't give me too much crap for screaming during our TDay meal.

  • #2
    Originally posted by 5 Super Bowls
    My Take of the Cowboys for this game


    As a cowboy fan, I am a little worried about how good we can pass protect. We are starting Tucker the backup at LT, and our RT is a rookie 6th rounder. He has been fairly decent, but you can tell he is still wet behind the ears. We have been doing a lot of chipping, but last week we were not very good at keeping bledsoe protected. He got hit a lot.

    If we can pick up the blitz, you would be better served to not even try. Our receivers are sure handed and are different types. Key is a possession guy that isn't afraid to go over the middle, and Glenn is a speed guy. Witten is a stud TE, but he is better at receiving than blocking.


    Our defense is considered our strong suit, but I think we are a little overrated at this point. Our DLine is deep with 2 solid players at every position. We have Demarcus Ware our #1 pick who started pretty strong, but has been seeing more double teams and chip blocking lately.

    Our Defensive backfield is playing as solid as any since the mid nineties. Henry, Newman and Roy Williams could all go to the pro bowl this year. Aaron Glenn has been a good nickle corner and has made plays, although he did get burned 2 times against the skins. Our FS is a soft spot this year. Pile is a decent player that follows his assignments moreso than Keith Davis, so he plays in most passing situations, while Davis plays a lot of special teams as well. Some of the guys call him "killer" for his hard hitting on special teams.

    I am a little concerned with the team that we have too many injuries right now to play with you guys. Flozell Adams LT IR former pro bowler, Patrick Crayton WR, kept Peerless Price inactive until he was hurt for the most part, Al Singleton OLB on IR that played for the Super Bowl champs in Tampa, Anthony Henry CB, should start after recovering from a torn groin, could possibly go to the pro bowl.

    We will most likely play a contain style D to try to slow down the running game. Zimmer has a philosophy of "occupy and engage" for the lineman on running downs. We will be most concerned with not allowing Bell to get outside. We will probably bring Roy and Keith up in the box on obvious running downs, until you prove you can beat our corners early. You could get a big play early with play action on first or second down. That is my biggest fear on D.

    On Offense we dont have a good ypc but that doesn't stop Bill Parcells. We run it and run it and try to have a managable 3rd down.

    Should be a good game. I hope the family doesn't give me too much crap for screaming during our TDay meal.

    WOW. The first cowboy fan on this site in the past week to speak truthfully. Yeah, with that statue you guys call a QB, Drew Beldsoe, the boys line better protect better than they ever have. The only thing you will hear when Bledsoe goes down (especially by Michael Myers) is " Yeah Baby ".


    Thank you Mr. Berman and Mr. Jackson.



    The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 5 Super Bowls
      My Take of the Cowboys for this game


      As a cowboy fan, I am a little worried about how good we can pass protect. We are starting Tucker the backup at LT, and our RT is a rookie 6th rounder. He has been fairly decent, but you can tell he is still wet behind the ears. We have been doing a lot of chipping, but last week we were not very good at keeping bledsoe protected. He got hit a lot.

      If we can pick up the blitz, you would be better served to not even try. Our receivers are sure handed and are different types. Key is a possession guy that isn't afraid to go over the middle, and Glenn is a speed guy. Witten is a stud TE, but he is better at receiving than blocking.


      Our defense is considered our strong suit, but I think we are a little overrated at this point. Our DLine is deep with 2 solid players at every position. We have Demarcus Ware our #1 pick who started pretty strong, but has been seeing more double teams and chip blocking lately.

      Our Defensive backfield is playing as solid as any since the mid nineties. Henry, Newman and Roy Williams could all go to the pro bowl this year. Aaron Glenn has been a good nickle corner and has made plays, although he did get burned 2 times against the skins. Our FS is a soft spot this year. Pile is a decent player that follows his assignments moreso than Keith Davis, so he plays in most passing situations, while Davis plays a lot of special teams as well. Some of the guys call him "killer" for his hard hitting on special teams.

      I am a little concerned with the team that we have too many injuries right now to play with you guys. Flozell Adams LT IR former pro bowler, Patrick Crayton WR, kept Peerless Price inactive until he was hurt for the most part, Al Singleton OLB on IR that played for the Super Bowl champs in Tampa, Anthony Henry CB, should start after recovering from a torn groin, could possibly go to the pro bowl.

      We will most likely play a contain style D to try to slow down the running game. Zimmer has a philosophy of "occupy and engage" for the lineman on running downs. We will be most concerned with not allowing Bell to get outside. We will probably bring Roy and Keith up in the box on obvious running downs, until you prove you can beat our corners early. You could get a big play early with play action on first or second down. That is my biggest fear on D.

      On Offense we dont have a good ypc but that doesn't stop Bill Parcells. We run it and run it and try to have a managable 3rd down.

      Should be a good game. I hope the family doesn't give me too much crap for screaming during our TDay meal.

      I have to say. You certainly feel you have a LOT of pro-bowlers on this team. Especially for a team that didn't even make the playoffs last year.

      Also. It sounds like you are already putting up the "excuses" net. You know.. labeling off all the injuries. Don't all teams have the injuries? Of course they do.

      I don't think your entire defensive backfield is looking to make the pro-bowl. I see Roy Williams making the pro-bowl. As far as recievers go. Yeah. We've played a few teams that have had receivers as good as yours. Philly for one.. Raiders for another.

      Even with those good WR corp, we Still blitzed.. and did pretty well. I DO agree. Its going to be a GOOD game. One I look forward to watching.. and one that will definatly help define our team... win or loss.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ravage!!!
        I have to say. You certainly feel you have a LOT of pro-bowlers on this team. Especially for a team that didn't even make the playoffs last year.

        Also. It sounds like you are already putting up the "excuses" net. You know.. labeling off all the injuries. Don't all teams have the injuries? Of course they do.

        I don't think your entire defensive backfield is looking to make the pro-bowl. I see Roy Williams making the pro-bowl. As far as recievers go. Yeah. We've played a few teams that have had receivers as good as yours. Philly for one.. Raiders for another.

        Even with those good WR corp, we Still blitzed.. and did pretty well. I DO agree. Its going to be a GOOD game. One I look forward to watching.. and one that will definatly help define our team... win or loss.
        You may be in for a suprise. Living in Cowboy Country and being resigned to watch the 'Boys on occasion, I must say that he is right about their secondary. All three of those players are playing at a Pro Bowl level, especially Newman.

        I'm not so sure why he's worried about protection. Denver has the third worst sack rate in the league. Just because we blitz doesn't mean we are going to get to him...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
          You may be in for a suprise. Living in Cowboy Country and being resigned to watch the 'Boys on occasion, I must say that he is right about their secondary. All three of those players are playing at a Pro Bowl level, especially Newman.

          I'm not so sure why he's worried about protection. Denver has the third worst sack rate in the league. Just because we blitz doesn't mean we are going to get to him...
          They are good, but our WR's are better than theirs, so I think we have the edge in the passing game, especially with play action. Also, I will take our speedy, more athletic CB's over their any team in the league right now.



          The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

          Comment


          • #6
            It will be some smash mouth football for sure.
            Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Elway1983
              They are good, but our WR's are better than theirs, so I think we have the edge in the passing game, especially with play action. Also, I will take our speedy, more athletic CB's over their any team in the league right now.
              I Wouldn't trade our CB's for yours, but that is because I like what we have. I know Champ is a good player, but I wouldn't trade him for TNew or Henry at this point, if for the only reason that we have a good chemistry on D, and Neither of them have given up a TD, while between the 2 of them they have forced 7 turnovers, and scored 1 TD. I think that Champ has 5 Int's one going the distance and Darrent has 1 Int for a TD.

              The more that I look at these two teams, I think the matchup is pretty similar.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                I have to say. You certainly feel you have a LOT of pro-bowlers on this team. Especially for a team that didn't even make the playoffs last year.
                We may have 8, but most likely around 5 or so. We do play in an inferior conference.

                I think TNew, Bledsoe, T. Glenn, Larry Allen, A. Henry, Roy Williams, L. Glover, J. Witten, and K. Johnson all can be argued, but it will probably be Roy Williams, Larry Allen, TNew, Glover, A. Henry, and Witten. That is probably all that really deserve to go, but the others should be considered. The NFC is weak at a lot of positions. If Favre doesn't go Bledsoe might go as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                  You may be in for a suprise. Living in Cowboy Country and being resigned to watch the 'Boys on occasion, I must say that he is right about their secondary. All three of those players are playing at a Pro Bowl level, especially Newman.

                  I'm not so sure why he's worried about protection. Denver has the third worst sack rate in the league. Just because we blitz doesn't mean we are going to get to him...
                  what happened to the last two statues we played? i can see why he's concerned

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 5 Super Bowls
                    I Wouldn't trade our CB's for yours, but that is because I like what we have. I know Champ is a good player, but I wouldn't trade him for TNew or Henry at this point, if for the only reason that we have a good chemistry on D, and Neither of them have given up a TD, while between the 2 of them they have forced 7 turnovers, and scored 1 TD. I think that Champ has 5 Int's one going the distance and Darrent has 1 Int for a TD.

                    The more that I look at these two teams, I think the matchup is pretty similar.
                    foxworth has at least couple of interceptions (both at crucial timesin games). ferguson has a fumble recovery and i think an interception. lynch has 2 interceptions i think. i think our secondary is better than yours. even our safeties are playing very well and everyone thought they would be the weak link in our defense during preseason
                    Last edited by DrunkPanda; 11-22-2005, 06:20 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 5 Super Bowls
                      I Wouldn't trade our CB's for yours, but that is because I like what we have. I know Champ is a good player, but I wouldn't trade him for TNew or Henry at this point, if for the only reason that we have a good chemistry on D, and Neither of them have given up a TD, while between the 2 of them they have forced 7 turnovers, and scored 1 TD. I think that Champ has 5 Int's one going the distance and Darrent has 1 Int for a TD.

                      The more that I look at these two teams, I think the matchup is pretty similar.
                      I definately wouldnt trade either, not only because we have the better cb's but we are younger, faster, and make more game changing plays (2 picks for td's). You guys got good cb's too, but not that good. Dont' forget, Williams and Foxworth are ROOKIES.



                      The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                        You may be in for a suprise. Living in Cowboy Country and being resigned to watch the 'Boys on occasion, I must say that he is right about their secondary. All three of those players are playing at a Pro Bowl level, especially Newman.

                        I'm not so sure why he's worried about protection. Denver has the third worst sack rate in the league. Just because we blitz doesn't mean we are going to get to him...
                        True we don't have a great sack rate, however we do lead the League in qb pressures.
                        John 11: 25-27

                        My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                        Thanks Snk16

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That is a Denver fan posing as a Cowboy fan. I would take Henry and Newman over both of your corners anyday, did you see Bailey get thrown out of the way like a rag doll by TO? The BrownCos D-line aint no good either, which will give Glenn all day to burn your secondary. I have enjoyed all of this meaningless shlt talking by you stupid Denver fans though, but ill be back Thursday night for some apoligies from you. enjoy the game and don't choke when Roy sends half your team off in the meat waggon.... Everything Is Bigger in Texas ... keep yalls mouth closed till Thursday.. see ya then
                          Mile High Salute

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
                            The probowl is became a popularity contest in the last few years and doesn’t represent actual skill (for the most part, especially on defense)
                            I would disagree with this. The NFL only considers the fans votes as 1/3 of the process the other is the coaches and players. The NFL is much better than the NBA and MLB, those are popularity contests.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Obviously I am not here to talk any smack, but I would like to get some of your thoughts on the matchups. Is Tatum Bell questionable? I heard he had a bruised sternum or something. I think Bell is a homerun kind or runner with big play potential. Seems like Anderson is more of a power back.

                              I have heard beat writers ask Bill Parcells a few times about cut blocks or chop blocks. He has said it is perfectly legal. Does anyone know what is the big deal about it? The reporters kept asking about it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X