No announcement yet.

My Take of the Cowboys for this game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big deal. Really, in honesty, there IS no big deal. We use a blocking scheme that incorprates a lot of cut-blocks. Cut blocks are LEGAL. But there are a lot of fans out there, that confuse cut-blocks with Chop-blocking, which is not legal. They don't know the difference, thus feel that when they hear of us cut-blocking, we are doing something illegal.

The Chiefs are the ones that GRIPE about the cut blocks more than anyone else. They have been GRIPING about it for years. Then, unfortunatly, one of our lineman last year DID do an overzealous, illegal block, on one of their lineman, and injured him for the season. That would piss me off too.

Cut blocking is simply blocking below the waist.... EVERY team in the league. Let me repeat that... EVERY TEAM in the league cut blocks, even the Chiefs. Thats why it will NEVER be made illegal, because every team relies on it. Every team owner knows that if you remove cut-blocks completely, then blocking certain players on certain situations would just be impossible (have you ever seen a RB go low on a blitzing LB or DL? thats a chop block). Chop-block is when one player is engaging the defender, and then another comes in and blocks him below the waist.

Comment

This 7-8-9 players from one team contending for a Pro-Bowl spot is complete and utter nonsense!

I hate hearing it from fellow Bronco fans, and hate hearing it even more from other teams... IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!

If by some stroke of NFL and fan favortism it does... GREAT!

But don't sit here and make these kind of rediculous claims that "Our entire defensive backfield should be in the bowl!" It's lame.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by 5 Super Bowls
        I would disagree with this. The NFL only considers the fans votes as 1/3 of the process the other is the coaches and players. The NFL is much better than the NBA and MLB, those are popularity contests.

Its still a popularity contest. I've seen people voted into the pro-bowl that missed most of season solely based on their name. Allen for the Cowboys is a PERFECT example. He was voted to the pro-bowl when he missed a lot of his season due to injury. The players in the NFL don't get to watch the games, they don't get to watch film on anyone OTHER than who they play. SO they KNOW the great players, and may circle the name simply based on the knowledge of their PAST play, and not the current seasons play. THat happens every year. Thats why some players get into the Pro-bowl year after year...even when they have an off or poor season. Having a BIG name, definatly helps you get to the pro-bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyDaBrncoKiler
          That is a Denver fan posing as a Cowboy fan. I would take Henry and Newman over both of your corners anyday, did you see Bailey get thrown out of the way like a rag doll by TO? The BrownCos D-line aint no good either, which will give Glenn all day to burn your secondary. I have enjoyed all of this meaningless shlt talking by you stupid Denver fans though, but ill be back Thursday night for some apoligies from you. enjoy the game and don't choke when Roy sends half your team off in the meat waggon.... Everything Is Bigger in Texas ... keep yalls mouth closed till Thursday.. see ya then
          Everything is bigger in Texas, appearantly thought capacity doesn't count.

Yes this is smack, and with a little bit of reading you can find the correct area to post this.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda
            foxworth has at least couple of interceptions (both at crucial timesin games). ferguson has a fumble recovery and i think an interception. lynch has 2 interceptions i think. i think our secondary is better than yours. even our safeties are playing very well and everyone thought they would be the weak link in our defense during preseason

Well considering Dallas is 10th against the pass and Denver is 28th (only one spot ahead of Kansas City) I would have to say Dallas has the better secondary, and the better defense overall.
            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
              Well considering Dallas is 10th against the pass and Denver is 28th (only one spot ahead of Kansas City) I would have to say Dallas has the better secondary, and the better defense overall.
              Well. ALthough the 'rankings' would suggest that.. and I'm not taking anything away from the Dallas secondary, they very well could be better than we are. However.... We have had the lead in every game this season. Teams have been coming out in the second half, and almost pass exclusively to get back in the game. We've played two games, where the QB has thrown over FIFTY passes! Why? Because they are behind and must catch up.

If one team has more pass attempts against them, thus more yardage against them.... then their pass defense 'ranking' is certainly going to be higher. So again, the rankings mean ABSOLUTELY nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
                Dang, and I was looking forward to watching this game tomorrow... Looks like we are going to have to surrender...

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                  You may be in for a suprise. Living in Cowboy Country and being resigned to watch the 'Boys on occasion, I must say that he is right about their secondary. All three of those players are playing at a Pro Bowl level, especially Newman.

I'm not so sure why he's worried about protection. Denver has the third worst sack rate in the league. Just because we blitz doesn't mean we are going to get to him...
                  The sack rate is low because we have played a lot of winning teams this season with veteran QB's that don't hold the ball but throw it away when they sense pressure. A better indicator is that opposing QB's are averaging slightly over 50% of their passes completed against us, which is a better indicator of the number of times they are throwing the ball away. Teams that come in with high third down percentage numbers see them drop way down when they play the Broncos because if they have to throw the ball they don't have much time to locate a safe receiver for the catch.
                  You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

That is a Denver fan posing as a Cowboy fan. I would take Henry and Newman over both of your corners anyday, did you see Bailey get thrown out of the way like a rag doll by TO? The BrownCos D-line aint no good either, which will give Glenn all day to burn your secondary. I have enjoyed all of this meaningless shlt talking by you stupid Denver fans though, but ill be back Thursday night for some apoligies from you. enjoy the game and don't choke when Roy sends half your team off in the meat waggon.... Everything Is Bigger in Texas ... keep yalls mouth closed till Thursday.. see ya then
                    This sort of trash is just a perfect example of why the rest of the country hates Texans. They just can't help it. They open their mouths and it's all about how great their armpit of a state is! Worst climate in the country and flying cockroaches notwithstanding!

I remember staying up in Steamboat and all the locals had pickup trucks with bumper-stickers: "Texans: Spend Your Money And Go Home!"

That about sums it up.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 5 Super Bowls
                      Obviously I am not here to talk any smack, but I would like to get some of your thoughts on the matchups. Is Tatum Bell questionable? I heard he had a bruised sternum or something. I think Bell is a homerun kind or runner with big play potential. Seems like Anderson is more of a power back.

I have heard beat writers ask Bill Parcells a few times about cut blocks or chop blocks. He has said it is perfectly legal. Does anyone know what is the big deal about it? The reporters kept asking about it.
                      Rav covered cut and chop blocks very well. The only thing I would add to that is that at the beginning of this season, Shanahan brought the media into the Broncos film room and ran tape of other teams blocking schemes to demonstrate to them that all teams are using cut blocking. The NFL has been asked to intervene a few times and each time has said that what the Broncos are doing (with the rare exception like last year's injury) is legal. It's a non-issue but it seems to be resurrected in the media over and over like there is some validity to it. This is normally done when reporters interview teams who are about to play us.

As for Bell, he says he's ready. Shanahan has him listed as questionable and that it will likely be a game day decision. Yes, Tatum has big time home run ability, but if you watched our pre-season game against the Colts, in the first quarter against their first team defense Anderson took a couple of steps, turned downfield and ran 93 yards for the TD, outrunning the Colt's Linebackers and secondary all the way down the field.

Given the opportunity, Anderson can also take it to the house.
                      You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

It's the Running Game

This game will be all about the running game. Can Dallas run successfully against Denver? Can Denver run successfully against Dallas? For each team, the successful running game sets up the passing game.

I'm a life-long Dallas fan. However, I think it will be harder for the Boys to run against the Ponies than visa versa. Thus, I'm worried about this game. Still, Dallas will be at home and may have some psychological advantages. We'll see. It should be a good game.

Let's hope both teams come out of it with no serious injuries.

Comment

Wow

I am very happy you have enjoyed the trash talking and doubt you will be back on Thursday night for apologies. When we win, and we will win, there is no reason to apologize.
                          I am very happy to see you do not think much of our D line. They and our rookie corners are often over looked and outsiders do not think much of them but as you are watching the game crying in your beer just keep asking yourself who are those guys.
                          What you should be concerned with is how many hits can bleed-so take.

BRONCOS WILL WIN!!!
                          BRONCOS RULE !!

Comment

Working...
                          X