• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell, Elam ready to take on Dallas:

Bell, Elam ready to take on Dallas:
    By Bill Williamson
    Denver Post Staff Writer

Running back Tatum Bell and kicker Jason Elam - the Broncos' most significantly banged-up players in this short work week - have positive holiday messages as they try to recover in time to play a Thanksgiving game against the Dallas Cowboys in Irving, Texas.

"I'm playing, don't worry about it," Bell said Tuesday. "I'm definitely playing."

Added Elam: "I'm already feeling better. ... I'll definitely be ready Thursday."

Both players took part in practice Tuesday, the 8-2 team's most significant practice before Thursday's game.

Bell, the only Denver player listed as questionable for the game, suffered a bruised chest Sunday against the Jets. Denver coach Mike Shanahan said he was encouraged seeing Bell practice Tuesday, but the decision on if or how much he plays against Dallas likely will be made Thursday. If he plays, Bell likely will need a pain- relieving shot before the game.

Elam suffered a strained calf in his nonkicking left leg during warm-ups Sunday. The veteran changed to a one-step approach for his kicks and made two field-goal attempts essentially by punching the ball through the uprights. He said he plans to use the same approach against the Cowboys.

"I might keep it, really, if I continue to do well," he said.
    Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 11-23-2005, 04:18 AM.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

on a related note...
    From: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...261033,00.html
    Dayne set as backup plan:
    By Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News
    November 23, 2005

ENGLEWOOD - The one thing Ron Dayne can all but count on Thursday is he'll be on the Denver Broncos' game-day roster because coach Mike Shanahan already has said that should be the case.

Other than that, the running back's role can range from insurance policy to contributor, given the health status of Tatum Bell, who suffered a bruised chest Sunday during a 27-0 victory against the New York Jets.

Carries have been at a premium for Dayne this season.

He had eight carries for 44 yards in Week 2 against the San Diego Chargers. But after getting five more attempts from Sept. 26 to Oct. 2, he has disappeared. Dayne had zero carries twice, didn't play two other times and was inactive against the Jets and New York Giants.

"I've been working hard and doing what I have to do to stay ready just in case," Dayne said. "I don't like to see no one hurt, but if Tatum can't go, I'll definitely be ready to step in and do what I have to do to help the team win. I'll probably be a little rusty, but other than that, I'm ready to go."

Bell is listed as questionable for the Thanksgiving game against the Dallas Cowboys. Shanahan and Bell said Tuesday the running back took part in at least a portion of the only full practice this week.

Bell also apparently received a couple of injections to help alleviate pain in the chest.

"If we feel like he can play, he'll play," Shanahan said.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam

LOL holy **** can we out all 3 of them on at once in an I formation.......

Comment

We'll call it the "V" formation

otherwise known as the "wishbone".
        Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 11-23-2005, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I misread... hmmmm a three back "I".... Dayne in front, Tater, then Anderson....

OR

Kyle Johnson, then Tater, then Anderson...

In all seriousness though I really would like to see Anderson and Tatum in there together at some point. Mike can always be the romp-em, stomp-em blocker.

Comment

The only V formation I like is the Victory formation. The one that contains the QB kneel in it.
            Plummer will use it Thursday.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
              The only V formation I like is the Victory formation. The one that contains the QB kneel in it.
              Plummer will use it Thursday.
              No need for Dallas to practice that formation, they won't need it

Comment

Here, here!!!

Comment

Working...
                X