Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CBs

    Hey, what's everyone's thoughts on our CBs? I personally feel a little panic everytime I think about them. We HAVE to go after one (or two) in free agency! There's pretty decent ones coming out of NYG or Arizona and I can't believe champ bailey is available. We probably can't afford him though. How bad is our cap situation? Also, what's the latest TO rumour?

    I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

  • #2
    Re: CBs

    Originally posted by PRBronco
    Hey, what's everyone's thoughts on our CBs? I personally feel a little panic everytime I think about them. We HAVE to go after one (or two) in free agency! There's pretty decent ones coming out of NYG or Arizona and I can't believe champ bailey is available. We probably can't afford him though. How bad is our cap situation? Also, what's the latest TO rumour?
    No on TO. Cap is pretty bad but some veterans may take pay cuts. My opinion on DB's is maybe draft one but don't get one in free agency. Let the one's we have develop. If we do have the cap room though, we should lure a veteran for lower money to work with our youth.
    Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm always worried about our CB's, and its not just about who's playing the position, its the position itself. CB is one of the toughest positions to play in any league, let alone the NFL. The athletic and mental demands put most players out of top contention alone. It's basically the equivalent of the RB position for the defense, except that you need two players instead of just one. Lots of raw physical ability is required plus a decisive mental edge to put any given player over the top.

      As far as the current Bronco CB's go I am fairly happy with Walls, not so happy with Herndon... but its mostly semantics right now anyway. This past year I've been more happy with our CB's than in the majority of past seasons (although there are always complaints), much of that could be attributed to the scheme but in any case getting ahold of top level CB's is extremely difficult. Its a total crapshoot in the draft IMO and going after top level players in free agency is one of the most expensive things you can do, and as we all know we don't have a lot of room under the cap this year.

      Comment


      • #4
        All Herndon and Walls need is experience. They were thrown in at the deep end last season and they played well for two inexperienced players. However they need a mentor of sorts to help them and set an example. Getting a veteran CB would be good. Ryan McNeil could be moved to FS to help the coverage (he was All-Pro there for SD) and so we are left with:

        Walls
        Herndon
        Scott Turner
        Willie Middlebrooks
        Jimmy Spencer

        Out of those only Jimmy Spencer has much experience an they need a leader.
        sigpic

        Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

        Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

        Comment


        • #5
          Lets trade gardener for Ricky Manning.
          2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Trade Gardener for Bernard Manning, British comedian extraordinaire...
            sigpic

            Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

            Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

            Comment


            • #7
              WHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
              2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kenoyripsit28
                WHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
                YEs, yes. HE's got a useful lineman's frame...
                sigpic

                Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

                Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

                Comment


                • #9
                  LOL, i read in the paper jonny wilkinson is having shoulder surgery is that true.
                  2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    no playmakers

                    Originally posted by muse
                    All Herndon and Walls need is experience. They were thrown in at the deep end last season and they played well for two inexperienced players. However they need a mentor of sorts to help them and set an example. Getting a veteran CB would be good. Ryan McNeil could be moved to FS to help the coverage (he was All-Pro there for SD) and so we are left with:

                    Walls
                    Herndon
                    Scott Turner
                    Willie Middlebrooks
                    Jimmy Spencer

                    Out of those only Jimmy Spencer has much experience an they need a leader.
                    they are not playmakers and they are not ball hawks. we need one cb who makes plays and can shut down thier best reciever one on one with no help. experience doesn't give you that.
                    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kenoyripsit28
                      LOL, i read in the paper jonny wilkinson is having shoulder surgery is that true.
                      And? Martin Johnson's retired too. We don't need Wilkinson to win games.
                      sigpic

                      Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

                      Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Plastique
                        CB is one of the toughest positions to play in any league, let alone the NFL.
                        True but it used to be a lot easier before the rules were changed. What I used to do was knock the receiver I was defending DOWN at the line of scrimmage and sit on him until the play was over. Not very exciting but quite effective.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Aardwolf
                          True but it used to be a lot easier before the rules were changed. What I used to do was knock the receiver I was defending DOWN at the line of scrimmage and sit on him until the play was over. Not very exciting but quite effective.
                          i would straight burn you if you tried to do that to me on the field.
                          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

                          I tried to warn ya.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Return of Lava
                            i would straight burn you if you tried to do that to me on the field.
                            not to mention he would get a penalty every play.
                            Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

                            You too Cutler.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rascal
                              not to mention he would get a penalty every play.
                              Even in the sixties when a cb could bump a wide receiver all the way down the field that still would be a holding penalty.
                              John 11: 25-27

                              My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                              Thanks Snk16

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X