Ya know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdslick
    Being a Social Worker isn't exactly the most demanding of occupations.
    I would say it is a lot more mentally exhausting than what I do, or what a lot of people do. The chronic underfunding and staffing of social services leads to high amount of burnout and turnover. This may not be the case everywhere, but probably in a lot of places.

My point is that sometimes merit doesn't = higher pay. Its all depends on what field you are in.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

god d!cklick you are a moron, how can you say that. Social workers put in a lot of time and energy into their profession for absolutely no recognition or money - in fact the only time you ever hear about a social worker is when they have made a mistake - any occupation that helps mankind is going to be very emotionally demanding - alot of these workers fo through their own war zones in the streets of America - please show SOME respect, oh wait I forgot who I was talking to, forget it

And for someone who has yet to state was his occupation is, you really have no room to talk about jobs cause you have no merit with us as to whether yours is demanding or not

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
        I would say it is a lot more mentally exhausting than what I do, or what a lot of people do. The chronic underfunding and staffing of social services leads to high amount of burnout and turnover. This may not be the case everywhere, but probably in a lot of places.

My point is that sometimes merit doesn't = higher pay. Its all depends on what field you are in.
        It is a hell of a lot harder then what I do. Hell I don't even know what I do besides sit on my ass.
        Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Well, well..........since thats my "line" Im not starving! I have a nice two-story home in a nice family setting and yes even I drive a Beamer, a 2002! I cannot buy out Wal-mart but I can afford to help people, work my own schl. and still survive on a tad more that $82,000 as Admin at my facility, I do have friends pulling 6 figs that are no happier than I. Maybe you are Howard Stern? Didnt think so. Never put yourself up as The Almighty, richest man alive, we all know your barely getting by or you wouldnt need to find seperation of yourself to acheive an unearned source of respect that makes you somehow feel like your able to carry-on! Theres nothing wrong with McDs, Garbagemen, Social Workers. What anyone does, are, or plans to become makes no difference and should NEVER be brought up in this silly little post board! I have read many post without anyone giving credit to themselves, and WHO THE HECK EVEN CARES? Yes you pissed me off! I know you had some ideal of foresite jdslick but by the time I got to yours I became ill as heck over this, nothing to do with you. LIVE and LET LIVE! And yes I know you were "only giving social work a tribute" you didnt fool anyone by adding the millions that you make with your intrusive message! I am sorry Jared I just never expected a comment like that to come from you. I still admire you and will forever be your friend, Im just soo pissed right now and I need to step away and get back to you later.
          Last edited by wncbronxx; 02-18-2004, 07:54 PM.
          ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
            god d!cklick you are a moron, how can you say that. Social workers put in a lot of time and energy into their profession for absolutely no recognition or money - in fact the only time you ever hear about a social worker is when they have made a mistake - any occupation that helps mankind is going to be very emotionally demanding - alot of these workers fo through their own war zones in the streets of America - please show SOME respect, oh wait I forgot who I was talking to, forget it

And for someone who has yet to state was his occupation is, you really have no room to talk about jobs cause you have no merit with us as to whether yours is demanding or not
            SEE THIS? This is what I mean...an educated, smart human being thats not using his $100,000 million dollar job to feel good about himself..........GOD I AM SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! I HATE LOSERS WHO THINK OF THEMSELVES AS KING! Orange.You are the COOLEST! Thank you for being yourself!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wncbronxx
              SEE THIS? This is what I mean...an educated, smart human being thats not using his $100,000 million dollar job to feel good about himself..........GOD I AM SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! I HATE LOSERS WHO THINK OF THEMSELVES AS KING! Orange.You are the COOLEST! Thank you for being yourself!
              wncbronxx, do I detect dissention among the fans? first and foremost it is bad taste as you said for anyone to speak of anothers occupation to the least, that is if you can't put up a shut up then you really shouldn't comment, wncbronxx I agree with you 100% jdslick is a moron, if he feels that social workers jobs are easy and their pay is low. Here's a man with a bird brain walking around with a high dollar job. It just goes to show us you don't have to have a brain as we know it, but an azzhole to make big buck, he must be an idiot he certainly sounds like one. He can't enjoy his money he doesn't know how, he's to busy critizing others whom he thinks don't have glamourous jobs. jdslick get a grip before someone punches your lights out.
              Well, the one thing we always did when we went into a game against John Elway was that as a player, we had to expect the unexpected. That's the hard part that really can't be coached. And, that's the hard part of going against someone who's a great athlete. You can go against a guy that's a great quarterback and you can defend him. But, when you have to go against a great athlete like you were John, sometimes we couldn't prepare for the unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by goodluv4Broncos
                wncbronxx, do I detect dissention among the fans? first and foremost it is bad taste as you said for anyone to speak of anothers occupation to the least, that is if you can't put up a shut up then you really shouldn't comment, wncbronxx I agree with you 100% jdslick is a moron, if he feels that social workers jobs are easy and their pay is low. Here's a man with a bird brain walking around with a high dollar job. It just goes to show us you don't have to have a brain as we know it, but an azzhole to make big buck, he must be an idiot he certainly sounds like one. He can't enjoy his money he doesn't know how, he's to busy critizing others whom he thinks don't have glamourous jobs. jdslick get a grip before someone punches your lights out.
                Thats why I always consider you a friend!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Thats why I always consider you a friend!
                  Thank You wncbronxx and don't forget the chips when you come to the pj jam. I'll always be your friend too, when you meet a person in passing and become friends you grapple that person with hooks of steel, and hold them close because a friend is so hard to come by, thank you for being my friend.
                  Well, the one thing we always did when we went into a game against John Elway was that as a player, we had to expect the unexpected. That's the hard part that really can't be coached. And, that's the hard part of going against someone who's a great athlete. You can go against a guy that's a great quarterback and you can defend him. But, when you have to go against a great athlete like you were John, sometimes we couldn't prepare for the unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by goodluv4Broncos
                    Thank You wncbronxx and don't forget the chips when you come to the pj jam. I'll always be your friend too, when you meet a person in passing and become friends you grapple that person with hooks of steel, and hold them close because a friend is so hard to come by, thank you for being my friend.
                    Thats exactly why I become so upset over fool-hearted comments. I have acheived one thing in my passing thru life, its to enjoy each and everyday and to never cause anyone any undo harm. Money? What is money? As a child, it was a good thing. As a young adult it was a requirment towards total happiness. Now as a mid-adult I find that it is only something that is to be used for the betterment of our loved ones, (friends). I have learned to never let it place me, or remove me from any classifaction of lifeforms. Spend it purchasing an elderly lady a fresh barrel of heating oil. Buy the poor child that new bike that she has gravely yearned for. Pay for all of your friends dinner when you each gather. So? Money? Well it doesnt change who anyone is....not at all. with, or without! Any comments?

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Just what is it that a "social worker" does? Nothing, that's what. If you want to do something good to help people, you don't need a social worker to guide you. Get off your lazy ass and do something yourself to help your community. Oh, I see, you just don't have the time.

Social workers are just another tier of government which is there to support more layers of government. They spend most of their day trying to justify their job, continuously wasting taxpayer dollars on failed social programs. They accomplish nothing other than wasting the lifes energy (taxes) of the productive class. If they were effective at helping people get back on their feet, they would soon be out of a job.

Social workers are only there because government has created a class of citizens who are completely dependent on government for their daily existance. That's just what you "progressive" people want. More people dependent on the generosity of the taxpaying public. You're the one who needs to get a grip.

You know slack I am sorry about getting mad over your childish comments! I easily spot your mental illness. You are someone who works at a job where no one likes you, you were picked on all thru school, no one ever invites you to go out anywhere, you spend most of your time on those 900 LOVE lines because thats all you can get, YOU ARE A LOSER! You had a hard time dealing with your mother throwing you outta her bed when you were only 27 years old because you felt safe with her. You come in here hoping someone will accept you but even this place turns and rolls down your back just like the rest of your non-accepting life. You know all you have to do is be yourself in here. We all understand the voices that you hear inside calling you to return to mammas bed. We all feel sorry for you and just like everything else in your life, NO ONE LIKES YOU HERE!
                      We now await your bewildard response to justify your Nazi-ism with marxism approach. I cant wait to see how easily you are to control. Ok.....Im going to make you show your true colors here and cry over how bad your little feelings were hurt and I have to uncover the hurt that you have inside. Talk to me? Let me help you with your demons inside! We really do care here.
                      Last edited by wncbronxx; 02-19-2004, 04:59 PM.

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

I am sorry Jared I just never expected a comment like that to come from you. I still admire you and will forever be your friend, Im just soo pissed right now and I need to step away and get back to you later.
                        Not sure why you jumped on Jared, maybe I missed something from another thread - but the only one making dumb ass comments is jd!cklick - which is nothing new - while I will agree with part of what he said regarding our government and their wastefullness but to think social workers dont help people based on fear of losing their jobs is just freakin retarded. There will always be people in need, regardless of the type of society you live in, regardless of the times you live in. Some people just arent born capable of taking care of themselves, some are boderline, some do it to themselves, but it doesnt mean you dont help them. Welfare, social security, social services, etc were started in this country for the right reasons, unfortunately there will always be people who will take advantage of whatever they can, whenever they can and ruin good things for everyone.

To say any JOB is worthless or not as good as another is just plain ignorant - if you were to take a class of jobs out of our structure right now, this country would crumble.

Please I am begging you jd!cklick, keep your dumb ass moronic opinions to yourself. None of us cares to know how you feel about anything anymore, you have proven yourself useless on this board - your stupid ass remarks are no longer entertaining (entertaining in the way Tom Green is, so stupid its entertaining)

Cant you just go away and find some other board to infest. (let me suggest a raiders board, you should fit right in)

And thanks for the compliment wnc - very much appreciated

Comment

First, I don't care if you don't want to hear me....too bad.

Second, some jobs are worthless. They usually just go away. There used to be a large Buggy Whip industry in America, but not any more. Typewriters used to be quite popular, but not any more. Those jobs were performed by people who lost those same jobs at some point. America didn't crumble when those jobs went away. America didn't crumble when we changed from a manufacturing base to an information based society.

America would do just fine if we got rid of every social worker. We should get rid of these worthless, wasteful programs they manage as well. All these programs do is keep people dependent on them. and create more dependence.

I know it's hard for you liberal people out there. I also know that you have no intellectual ground to stand on, so you just try to shout opposing views down. Try thinking for a change.
                          Ever hear of people thinking differently than other people. Doesnt make them wrong or stupid, they just have different points of view. And if you havent noticed BIG DUMMAYYY, due to the fact the this country is switching to an automated information based society, we are at one of the highest unemployment rates ever!!!!!! But I guess since none of this has affected you, you dont care, which doesnt surprise me in the least.

If you took away the social services programs in this country very bad things would happen to our society. The many, many people who rely on it for VERY legitimate reasons would have no where to go, no one to rely on. What about the hundreds of thousands of kids who are abandoned, what would happen to them if it werent for social services and their programs. Let me guess, just kick them to the curb, right. Homelessness, crime, drug use, all would increase dramatically if you took social service programs away, thus creating an even bigger drain on our economy and society.

Also, there is a HUGE difference between classifying a job as worthless and one that is no longer needed because it is no longer necessary. If you took away the buggy whip making business when we needed buggies and whips, it would have had an effect on society. And no we didnt crumble, because those jobs were replaced with other jobs. You cant take a segment out of society and not have something to replace it with and think it wont have an effect on our economy.

You probably think the greeter job at Wal-Mart is useless or worthless, but did you ever stop to think the old person, or mentally handicap person that has that job needs it to supplement what little they get from social security????

Try thinking beyond yourself for a change.

Oh yeah and thanks for reminding why I am a liberal and not a conservative, tight ass, self centered, moron like you.

The money that you want to keep all to yourself does no good to anyone but yourself, and the last I checked you cant take it with you, so why not do something useful with it while you have it and stop being such an egotistical, ignorant, narrow minded ass wipe!

And who are you to say I have no intellectual ground to stand on, you know nothing about me whatsoever, so STFU d!cklick.

Oh yeah and one more thing

BITE ME!!!!!!!!!

(and forget coming back with your lame tetanus shot comment, you used that already)

Comment

This rambling joke of a response says it all.

First, the US isn't at an all-time high unemployment rate. Not even close. That would have been during the Depression of the 1930s. Ever heard of that? Also, the unemployment rate in the 70s was much higher than today. You remember the 70s don't you? The era of double digit inflation, unemployment and intrest rates. The "misery index" when we had your liberal economic policies running wild. Go do some research before you make historical claims.

This is the most wealthy nation in the history of the world. There's plenty to go around. It's not a zero sum game. You just need to get off your butt and go get it.

It's people like you who would prefer that greeter at Wal-Mart to be on some sort of government hand out instead of working. You argue against your own point.

You insults and name calling only prove my point. That's all you have.
                            It has to be the military thing, getting through to some of you is next to near impossible.

First, I said ONE OF THE HIGHEST ever NOT THE highest ever.....

Second, yes we may be one of the wealthiest nations in the world but what does that do for the hundreds of thousands of starving, homeless, sick, elderly, handicap, poor, etc. etc. people that ARE living in this country, cause it certainly aint helping them....this country and the citizens dont know how to share the wealth, the rich get richer, while the poor get poorer. And it has nothing to to with ambition or laziness. I know hundreds of extremely hard working people, who pay taxes, get nothing from any "government program" and still struggle to make it....luck and timing and who you know have a lot to do with being extremely wealthy.......

Third, I wasnt arguing against my point, dummy, read a bit closer....I was talking about people (elderly and handicap) who cant do anything else...the elderly person put in their time and paid their social security, but our govt decided that that $$ was better spent on $10K toliets for AirForce one and inflated salaries for govt officials - and yes I believe our govt should help these people, its one of the reasons why i pay TAXES!!!!!!!!!!

So am I correct in assuming you are saying THE RICHEST country in the world shouldnt help the people who are disabled and handicapped and elderly - cause thats what it sounds like to me.

And tell me, oh wise one, if working 70 hrs a week, getting a degree and trying to raise a family, ISNT getting off your butt, what is???? Cause I would love to know, as would the rest of the people here Im sure, how you can become a millionaire through hard work alone???

I also noticed that you did not respond to "what would happen to all the abandon children who depend on social services" Is it because you have no answer? hmmmmmm

Sounds like you need to do a bit of research yourself, oh pompous one. Social Services has a place in this country if GOVERNED properly. Im not saying it couldnt use a major overhaul, but what part of any govt org. cant?

As far as insults and name calling, its not ALL i have its part of what I have and Im good at it, so it wont stop, cause you, my dear, make it too easy

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jdslick
                              [B]You're obviously a clueless dolt. You go ahead and live your life thinking that it's ok for our government to build a dependent class of people like yourself. It's impossible for an idiot like you to say anything which could hurt me. You don't have one coherent thought swirling around in your pea brain.

You need to go look in the mirrior People like you are the NAZI's and Marxists in our society. You are the types who want government to control everything in our lives. You need someone to take care of you, because you certainly can't take care of yourself.

Hell bent for leather here? Well I have to say this! Today I went out to check on some of my clients that are in group homes and profoundly MR. One of my favs, a 39 yr old black male had made me a V-Day card and had sat outside waiting upon my arrivial since 8am. Since he is MR his family placed him in our homes and has yet to pay a single visit to him. When he saw me he ran up to my car with a joy of a 7 yr old on Xmas morn.
                              Let me tell you of this , as you call them, a burdon on all tax payers. He was born MR and wasnt able to attend any form of schooling or ever able to contribute to our world. We, (social workers) took him in, taught him to read on a 3rd grade level, to respect others, good or you. For 9 long hard years we worked with him teaching him to bath himself, brush his own teeth, wipe his own ass. I am very proud now to say that he has a job cleaning toilets in the very same rest areas that you stop at on your travels. This is a job that pays him $6 per hour. He hasnt missed one single day of work in 2 years. I have helped him start his very own savings account to afford his own apartment one day. Some days I take him out on social functions to buy something with his hard earned money only to run into people like you who state "Why dont you get that retard back where he belongs, away from us". Can you even understand how he must feel? He may be MR, but he feels just like you and I.
                              Have you ever wiped a grown mans ass? Held him in the supermarket as he recovers from a siezure? Stayed up at a hospital for 5 days and nights while he recovers without pay? When I go into some of our homes I must wonder who will stab me in the back, break my neck (MRs are 3 times stronger than a "normal" man) Someone like you has zero compassion for any one. Social Workers preform their duties where you are not allowed to even enter. Ive wasted enough on you. Next time you enter a rest area, thank a social worker that is open and clean!
                              Last edited by wncbronxx; 02-19-2004, 05:28 PM.

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

First, I don't care if you don't want to hear me....too bad.

Second, some jobs are worthless. They usually just go away. There used to be a large Buggy Whip industry in America, but not any more. Typewriters used to be quite popular, but not any more. Those jobs were performed by people who lost those same jobs at some point. America didn't crumble when those jobs went away. America didn't crumble when we changed from a manufacturing base to an information based society.

America would do just fine if we got rid of every social worker. We should get rid of these worthless, wasteful programs they manage as well. The only thing these programs do is keep people dependent on them and create more dependence. Hence more need for more social workers.

You liberal folks out there are the most miserable people on earth. Everywhere you look, you see misery. People like you want to keep the poor and needy exactly where they are; dependent on a government program. I also know that you have no intellectual ground to stand on, so you just try to shout opposing views down. If that doesn't work, you just shout out insults or just plug your ears to the truth. Try thinking for a change.
                                If ever I read an uneducated statment before it yours! Slick just sit back and have a Mentally Retarded child read your statment to you!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X