An interesting exhibition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting exhibition...

I saw on Ebay a programme for Broncos vs Rams in 1987, played at WEMBLEY in London...was that the American Bowl? Why can't the Broncos play there more often?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...2&category=206
    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Re: An interesting exhibition...

Originally posted by muse
    I saw on Ebay a programme for Broncos vs Rams in 1987, played at WEMBLEY in London...was that the American Bowl? Why can't the Broncos play there more often?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...2&category=206
    I'm not sure on this but idon't think it's up to the teams to play those games, i think it may be up to the league but as i said i'm not sure on that
    sigpic

Comment

Yes that was the American Bowl.
      We lost it 28-27, in front of a crowd of 72,786 people.

As to why we don't play there more often? I don't know...Maybe it's because of the whole jetlag thing & not wanting to put the players through that? Plus I think they try to reward different teams with the honors...IE, 2 years ago it was the Bucs vs Redskins--First year of coaching as a Buc for Gruden & first year for Spurier as a 'skin...Last year it was the Bucs (sb champs) vs the Jets (AFC East Champions)....(geesh are you picking up a pattern here yet? )

Interestingly enough, I just read the article announcing the two teams for this past year (Jets/Bucs) and it said that it'd be the first visit from each team to the American Bowl...Uhhh...Did I miss something here? Did the Bucs not play the previous year, as stated in another article ALSO on nfl.com???
      Last edited by BlueDamsel; 02-15-2004, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerGirl
        Yes that was the American Bowl.
        We lost it 28-27, in front of a crowd of 72,786 people.
        72,786 people????? Most Britons think that American football is a crap sport and would rather watch (our version) of football...I'd prefer to watch rugby but I like both sports...
        sigpic

Comment

Yep there were that many there.

Of course, you have to realize that there are many Americans stationed overseas (even more back in '87) and they'll take what they can get...

Comment

Originally posted by BeerGirl
            Yep there were that many there.

Of course, you have to realize that there are many Americans stationed overseas (even more back in '87) and they'll take what they can get...
            Fair enough...we still only get 3 matches a week over here (double header on Sunday night, Skysports Xtra and MNF on Channel 5). I saw:

Broncos vs Raiders (MNF)
            Broncos vs Steelers
            Broncos vs Ravens
            Broncos vs Patriots
            Broncos vs Green Bay
            Broncos vs Indy (Playoffs)

and the Broncos vs Indy preseason match when I was in Denver. I'm a VERY unlucky bugger...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muse
              72,786 people????? Most Britons think that American football is a crap sport and would rather watch (our version) of football...I'd prefer to watch rugby but I like both sports...
              Hahahaha, and many people here think soccer/English football is something that only got picked up over here because a bunch of snotty rich women wanted to look more "sophisticated". Fancy that!

I know soccer takes a great deal of skill, but I think I'd rather watch rugby too. It seems like a "rougher", more contact-intensive type sport.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_chick

I know soccer takes a great deal of skill, but I think I'd rather watch rugby too. It seems like a "rougher", more contact-intensive type sport.
                It's tough to play but if you get going it's non stop fun. Until you take a big hit from the opposing No.8...fun to watch too.
                sigpic

Comment

We won the american bowl in 99 when denver came to sydney, i was at that game and loved it 20-17 beat the chargers. And shannon sharpe was *****ing about sydney he hated it.
                  2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X