Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Should the Broncos Draft This Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Should the Broncos Draft This Year?

I saw in sportsline.com's mock draft that the Broncos should take a Ben Troupe, a TE in the 1st Round. I agree that we need to find a young TE who can eventually take over the position, but you can probably still get a TE in the 2nd Round this year. I think that the only sensible thing to do is draft Secondry help, wheter it be a CB or S. The D played above expectations last year up until the playoffs, so I still have my doubts about the secondary.
    Last edited by DPg2003; 03-23-2004, 07:53 PM.

I agree, there's some good DBs in the draft this year, and we need them bad.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

Comment

Defensive linemen and secondary. We need to draft mostly secondary.

Comment

I don't feel that we necessarily need to draft D-Linemen considering we drafted, I believe, four last year. We definitely need to draft Secondary help and a young protege at TE to mold into a star. Hopefully if we draft a TE Shannon Sharpe will help teach him the ropes and make his transition to the NFL easier.

Comment

1rst Round: Kellen Winslow Jr.
          Second Round:Kewann Ratliff (Questionable Spelling)
          Third Round:Boise State QB Dinwiddie i think (We saw what happened without a solid backup didnt we?)

Comment

First, I love the thought of drafting KWII, but me and you both know he won't be there at 24. Also I hope Ratliff is there for us in the 2nd or 3rd round, that we would be a Clinton Portis type steal. And I'm glad you brought up the backup QB position, what do you think about us maybe signing a young free agent like Billy Boleck, or dare I say Mike MacMahon, for cheap.

Comment

I dont think signing a Qb that would be worse than the backups we have would be good also Winslow might be there and if hes not Ben Troupe will be.And the 1rst round CBs drafted will probably be Derrick Strait and a couple others.But Ratliff would most likely be there in second round.

Comment

I don't see how we could use our 1st round pick on a TE this year. I just feel that nobody that picks after us needs a TE so I feel that Troupe will be there in at least the 2nd round. And I don't think any of the free agents are worse than Kanell and Jackson, and I think Buerlein might retire. Look at the week when Billy Boleck came in for McNair and threw 2 or 3 TD's. I think he is worth at least a look.

Comment

Maybe but apparently he has a weak spleen J/K anyways we definately need a TE IF SHARPE RETIRES.I hope he doesnt.But even if he doesnt we still need a TE for when he does.And a year with him as a mentor.Who couldnt benefit from a year enrolled in the School of Sharpeness. Also i really like Dinwiddie i saw him in quite a few Boise State games and he was very very accurate.Thats what a ood backup needs to be ACCURATE.Hes got a fair arm too and if Jake Plummers year was all a good dream (God i hope not just preparing for the unexpected) he wood be an adequate replacement i also think that he has somehow slipped under the Radar (Boise State's fault for being in a lousy conferance) so he would be around in the 3rd-4th pick.

Comment

That's good scouting, maybe the GM's should read these threads so they draft a Willie Middlebrooks or George Foster in the 1st round. But as you say yourself the kid from Boise State is being overlooked so why not wait until the 5th or 6th round to draft him and stock up on other needs first. And also I acknowledge we need a TE, but I feel that the second or best TE will still be on the board in the 2nd round.

Comment

Dinwiddie is overlooked but he isnt non-existent.And Ben Troupe is getting to much publicity to go in the late second round Winslow JR. might go in round two but not quite as late as our pick.

Comment

cb help.....

The broncos need help at DB. Anything else in the first round would be a waste.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't know how you think that Winslow is not going to go in at least the top 15. I don't feel that he is an option for us unless something drastic happens. Troupe is getting publicity as the 3rd best TE in the draft, Kris Wilson from Pitt is ranked higher. My only thing is that I don't feel that there is a big need for TE's this year and that Troupe or Wilson will probably be there in the 2nd round, but if not there are other TE's plus we already have Jeb Putzier who hasn't had a chance to fully develop yet. I say that we stock up on DB's and maybe an O-Lineman or a WR and worry about TE or backup QB if something great is there after the 1st round.

Comment

With everything happening with Deltha and the way we have been getting torched the last couple of years with the pass, I would like to see either Derrick Strait, or Chris Gamble in the Orange and Blue. maybe Dunta Robinson too. I would love to see Sean Taylor, but he'll be long gone.
                            sigpic

Comment

Exactly what I need to hear. I understand everyone feeling that we need to draft a TE because they think Shannon will retire, but I say lets give Putzier a shot and draft what we really need, Secondary help. I've been hearing good things about Robinson and he likely will there at 24 if the Broncos want to give him a shot. We've done a lot worse with higher 1st round picks the last few years, excluding the 2002 draft when we got Lelie.

Comment

Working...
                              X