Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why some of us nitpick

Yeswe are 9-2... but you know wut....

We are fans, just like the team we should never settle for this bein good enough. I mean yea i am happy wit the tema, but i enjoy discussing weaknesses and stuff... thast why i nitpick...

Why do you all?
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

?!?!???!?!??!??!?!??!??!?!??!?

Comment

Some are jealous of the players.
        Some used to be engaged to them.
        Some got digitally saluted.
        Some think they are smarter than Mikey.
        Some don't like having the same nickname.

Some are just horses rear ends.

Pick whatever category you might fit into.

Comment

You forgot . . .

Originally posted by Jrhampton
          Some are jealous of the players.
          Some used to be engaged to them.
          Some got digitally saluted.
          Some think they are smarter than Mikey.
          Some don't like having the same nickname.

Some are just horses rear ends.

Pick whatever category you might fit into.
          Some like to evaluate but still remain positive about the Broncos.

My category.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
            Some like to evaluate but still remain positive about the Broncos.

My category.

-----
            Evaluating and criticizing are cousins, just be careful when you use one cause the other is always very close........................

I prefer to be an optimist and avoid any negative evaluations..............9-2 is the best evaluation.

Comment

You should see this board after a loss. This is nothing compared to that!

Comment

Originally posted by PR-Broncomaniac
                Evaluating and criticizing are cousins, just be careful when you use one cause the other is always very close........................

I prefer to be an optimist and avoid any negative evaluations..............9-2 is the best evaluation.
                You evaluate your way; I'll evaluate mine.

-----

Comment

I think its great that there are smart football fans on this board that are true to their teams...............The only thing that bothers me is that some of the "nitpickers" can't celebrate for one day before bringing up the negatives. Yesterday there were negative posts about the game within an hour of it being over.

Celebrate a little.....sheesh.

Oh yeah: 9-2 baby!

Comment

Originally posted by DenverFanInGB
                    You should see this board after a loss.
                    LOL and hopefully we won't have to.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Ok, here is my nitpick.

Jake Plummer doesn't throw a pretty deep pass. He throws moon shots with massive hang times. I think a Plummer deep ball has about the same trajectory as a Sauerbrun punt. The downside is that they require the receiver to either be so wide open the db has no chance of getting back to cover (like Rod Smith's TD against Dallas) or it forces the receiver to stop and wait for the ball. It also has a good chance of being intercepted. On the upside, this style makes for a great fade route into the back of the end zone.

There. Nitpicking done. 9-2.

I think what many of us who don't get the nitpicking object to is that it is rarely based on anything solid, or it is based on some unrealistic notion that the Broncos should score 50pts a game, give up 0pts, rush for 300yds and pass for 400yds with the QB going 30-30 in pass attempts. It seems many fans forget that there is another professional football team on the other side of the field. They get paid to win just like the Broncos. In the NFL, everyone has talent, they wouldn't be there if they didn't.

It also seems a bit weak to say "the offense sucked, that's going to cost us in the playoffs" if you don't back it up with specifics. On Monday, the team will go over film and yes the coaches and the players will need to be critical of themselves and always strive to be better. But Shanahan isn't going to get in front of his players and say "you sucked", he is going to break down the film and see *exactly* where they need to improve. Maybe a receiver ran the wrong route on Jake's INT or maybe Jake needs to make a different read, the coaches will know that. Maybe his call to pass on that last series was a bad call, maybe it was a good call based on past game film of Dallas and recognizing a blitz formation. Maybe the blocking scheme wasn't executed right for much of the game. Maybe it was and Dallas was ready for it. Penalties? Why do you say about penalties? Don't Hold? Well no duh.

I guess for me to take criticism of a 9-2 football team seriously it has to be presented in something more than the internet web forum style of "OMG we R the suk!".

Have a good Turkey Day weekend.

Comment

Seems to me that Bill Parcells (soon to be a HOF Coach) was on the other side of the field. Some folks forget that two years ago they had one of the top 3 defenses in the league and probably would have last year had it not been for a couple of injuries and a brand newbie QB trying to learn how things worked in DAL.

This years DAL D is pciking up where they left off two years ago.

We did not go to overtime against the JET's but against one of the top threes teams in the NFC.

Comment

You are way off-base with the "moon-shot" comment, it doesn't show a weakness, instead, it shows a brilliance.

Plummer was under extreme pressure, he did not have time to wait for Rods double-move, by hanging the ball up in the air for an extra second (rather than trying to force the ball) it gave time for Rod to get open and also avoided a sack.

And.......BTW........it scored a T.D.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                            You evaluate your way; I'll evaluate mine.

-----
                            __________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Amen, last night I celebrated, today I evaluated, some call it nit-picking, well.........so be it, but by giving it some time and thought by holding off a day, there is less of a knee jerk reaction and more serious discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                              Seems to me that Bill Parcells (soon to be a HOF Coach) was on the other side of the field. Some folks forget that two years ago they had one of the top 3 defenses in the league and probably would have last year had it not been for a couple of injuries and a brand newbie QB trying to learn how things worked in DAL.

This years DAL D is pciking up where they left off two years ago.

We did not go to overtime against the JET's but against one of the top threes teams in the NFC.
                              __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Bill got a good QB and some D-line and look where they are.

Comment

Working...
                              X