why panic about our backfield????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why panic about our backfield????

i think our backfield is under-rated. i have posted here saying that we need to draft a CB in round 1 and i still believe that (i think we will sort out the contracts but have no money left for any free agents). BUT i really like our 2 safties ( kennedy and ferguson) and i think ferguson was HUGELY under-rated last season and still is by some ppl.

also, i like walls as a CB espeically now he has had a years experience, i believe we need to take herndon out as a starting CB and replace him with our #1 draft pick.

so how do each of you feel about our backfield????

bronx

Re: why panic about our backfield????

Originally posted by bronx_2003
    i think our backfield is under-rated. i have posted here saying that we need to draft a CB in round 1 and i still believe that (i think we will sort out the contracts but have no money left for any free agents). BUT i really like our 2 safties ( kennedy and ferguson) and i think ferguson was HUGELY under-rated last season and still is by some ppl.

also, i like walls as a CB espeically now he has had a years experience, i believe we need to take herndon out as a starting CB and replace him with our #1 draft pick.

so how do each of you feel about our backfield????

bronx
    same thing I think...
    sigpic

Comment

i wouldnt mind either a 1st round CB or WR but i think the rookie should not start because he will make mental mistakes and we have no time for that. besides that, herndon had like 14 breakups which is good for his first year and i think he will definitely improve, he is the only DB who can actually catch for us right now. i just think they should all return as starters so they can gel as a secondary unit.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
        i wouldnt mind either a 1st round CB or WR but i think the rookie should not start because he will make mental mistakes and we have no time for that. besides that, herndon had like 14 breakups which is good for his first year and i think he will definitely improve, he is the only DB who can actually catch for us right now. i just think they should all return as starters so they can gel as a secondary unit.

hmm...isn't kelly going to the free agency..????
        sigpic

Comment

a good point.

i have said all along we need to use our 1st 2 picks on a CB and WR (in that order). and then get a DL. then BAP.

i did think about the problems in starting a rookie CB next year but if we draft a good CB then he should get the opputunity and i thought back to dallas last year and what a gr8 job rookie CB newman did for them.

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
            hmm...isn't kelly going to the free agency..????
            no, i dont think so

also let me add, deltha needs to move back to CB, its freakin pointless for him to play WR he isnt tall enough or heavy enough to go get a ball. as a CB, he gets int's though.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

a good point.

i have said all along we need to use our 1st 2 picks on a CB and WR (in that order). and then get a DL. then BAP.

i did think about the problems in starting a rookie CB next year but if we draft a good CB then he should get the opputunity and i thought back to dallas last year and what a gr8 job rookie CB newman did for them.
              if the rookie can come battle herndon for the spot and win, more power to him maybe he can be a shutdown or a playmaker like manning was for the panthers.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

no, i dont think so

also let me add, deltha needs to move back to CB, its freakin pointless for him to play WR he isnt tall enough or heavy enough to go get a ball. as a CB, he gets int's though.
                YEAH! that was stupid of them to do that but I think they had one more CB on the roster and they didn't have enough WR's so they had to move one to the WR's because we didn't have enough cap to sign a WR, or that's what I heard at least...
                sigpic

Comment

no, i dont think so

i feel quite strongly about this - deltha is NOT a WR but was a really good pro bowl CB, i want to see him back there next year but it wont happen. i am dissapointed that we quit on him after 1 bad year!!!

Comment

i feel quite strongly about this - deltha is NOT a WR but was a really good pro bowl CB, i want to see him back there next year but it wont happen. i am dissapointed that we quit on him after 1 bad year!!!
                    that was the reason????oooohhhh I though it was because, well look at my post...and that's what I thought it was
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
                      that was the reason????oooohhhh I though it was because, well look at my post...and that's what I thought it was
                      if that was the reason then you take 1 of our other CB'S!!! not our playmaker. i know he had a bad year but he has alot of potential.

Comment

it wasnt just this year that he was badddddd it was also 1/2 of last year when tyrone poole replaced him "he'll never play DB for us again" thats a quote from shanny.....i agree he isnt a WR but thats the only position he can make the roster....IMO he'll b cut if we cant trade him....

Comment

1 - whats his history?
                          2 - where did he play in college and
                          3 - for what college???
                          4 - where was he drafted (round,pick)

Comment

no, i dont think so

Yea, I'm really dissapointed..I really feel he can be a huge playmaker we need...He had 9 ints three yrs ago and 5 ints two yrs ago!

^^^
                            1.Nothing bad that I know of.
                            2.Alot of things...RB,CB,WR,and PR.
                            3.Cal
                            4.not sure

Comment

deltha is a wash at CB. Doesn't play with enough confidence and will play out of position. Steve Smith isn't very tall and big either, or for that matter is Santana Moss. You can play WR small, you just have to be faster than everyone else on the field which Deltha would be.

Comment

Working...
                              X