Ok, ATM next year's secondary will look like this:

CB #1 - Lennie Walls
    CB #2 - Kelly Herndon
    CB #3 - Willie Middlebrooks
    CB #4 - Scott Turner
    CB #5 - Jimmy Spencer (not gone yet)

FS - Ryan McNeil
    SS - Kenoy Kennedy

We could always move Ryan to CB in Dime/Quarter formations and put Brandon at safety then. Remember that McNeil is an all-pro safety. I think Shanny brought him in to help Brandon's coverage as he is more of a hitting safety than a coverage safety...it's not the fastest secondary in the world, but hopefully this year they should gel and gain some more all-important experience. Keep your eye on Lennie Walls; I think 2004 might be his break-out year. If he finds he can catch the ball this season, then we might have an All-Pro corner again. Remembering that he was a rookie FA he has done extrememly well to make it thus far and with extra confidence he could go further.

a good post but with 1 mistake, our FS will be ferguson, not mcneil. ferguson had a VERY SOLID year, am i the only 1 who noticed this?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by muse
      Does the league's #4 ranked defense mean ANYTHING to you?

exactly, some ppl forget that our D was very good last year. we were gr8 against the run and good against the pass. teams found out early that they could'nt run on us so they passed alot which meant we gave up more pass yards but they still performed very well.

i know we could do with a good CB and we did have a TERRIBLE game at the colts in the playoffs but them games happen every now and again, but BAD timing!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Kennedy was the only veteran in the secondary for the entire season. The thing is, is that he's only been in the league for four years and he had to pick up the slack because he had two rookies playing beside him which is understandable because they are rookies.

Im sure the rookies will really improve this up coming season which will really compliment Noy, so he can concentrate more on his position and do more seperating man from ball....if you know what I mean...

MUHAHAHAHAHAH!
        Take care of business Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by K'Noy_Kills
          Kennedy was the only veteran in the secondary for the entire season. The thing is, is that he's only been in the league for four years and he had to pick up the slack because he had two rookies playing beside him which is understandable because they are rookies.

Im sure the rookies will really improve this up coming season which will really compliment Noy, so he can concentrate more on his position and do more seperating man from ball....if you know what I mean...

MUHAHAHAHAHAH!

Indeed.

The secondary is not in as rough shape as percevied to be. Walls was a rookie this year, and he still did a pretty damn skippy job. Will people find things to ***** about? Of course, but they always do. I think Walls will be good next year, hes tall, strong and quick. Bascially everything we could want in a corner. Give him time to develop and we'll be good. Im expecting some big things out of this team next year and Im pretty confident at this point they wont disapoint.

Comment

i like walls and hernon at starting CB, but i dont know about spencer or mcneil, they are old and slowing down. turner i havent seen but he is a special teamer like middlebrooks. Hopefully Middlebrooks breaks out and stops getting nagged by injuries, but thats counting on a lot when we could just stick deltha back there cause whether you believe it or not, he wasnt BURNED that much, he just was a second or so late to put a hand up, causing WR to catch on him, which can be corrected after playing WR you obviously can judge a ball better.

I am just trying to make the team better, deltha is of more use at CB cause we have plenty of WR's being developed and not enough CB's being developed (spencer and mcneil are near the end of their careers.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

i don't want to see this and i don't think it will happen but its just an idea. would any1 be happy if we put mcneil and spencer in the backfield next season for experience and develop our rookie's and 1st year DB'S for the following year.

i think they will get alot better by starting next season and do a good job but is there any1 here who would like to see the above idea activated next season????????

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                a good post but with 1 mistake, our FS will be ferguson, not mcneil. ferguson had a VERY SOLID year, am i the only 1 who noticed this?!?!?!?!?!
                Ferguson's a strong safety I thought...as I have said before, McNeil was an all pro safety at safety with the Chargers...
                sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

i know but maybe he is a little old now to be a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                    i know but maybe he is a little old now to be a starter.
                    Meh he can still move. At least he can be a mentor for Brandon/Ferguson/Walls/Herndon while he plays.
                    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Working...
                    X