TE's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TE's

When reading this board I keep hearing how we dont have an elite tight end and how we need one, although i do agree that Putz is not elite, he is a very very solid TE. He has shown he does not drop balls, makes the hard catches, runs the routes well, and is not afraid to take hits. I dont know what you guys are talking abouyt when people wished we had given him up to the jets. I am very happy with Putz and hope his career wil stay with the broncos. and with that said where was Alexander against the boys? I didnt really see anything out of him.

I respect Jeb very much and think he is playing solid. Only problem is that he is not a game breaking /explosive TE. Our offense can really take advantage of top notch play at the TE position, we just don't have the personel to do it this year. It would take a lot of pressure of the WR's.

However, I will say again that Jeb is playing solid and making some key catches, but we are just used to more production out of the TE position here.
    Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Putz is so elusively fast. He also can take a hit. Man, he got jacked up a lot.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
      2. Taxes
      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
        Lol yeah, I'd go as far as saying he's the most jacked up TE in the league, week in and week out. His toughness is awesome.

Comment

Some people don't look at the most important part of being a tightend in our system. It's not just about making big catches. It's about the blocking; something that Putz is doing great. Some of the best catching TEs in the league can't block.
          RIP Darrent Williams
          You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass

However, I will say again that Jeb is playing solid and making some key catches, but we are just used to more production out of the TE position here.
            There aren't too many shannon sharpe's out there...I say we should just be happy with what we have. Jeb started out slow this year, but he's been picking it up the last couple of weeks. He's not a gamebreaker, but he's definitely solid, and gets the job done.

Thanks Snk

Comment

Wesley Duke the Best in Denver

Originally posted by ColRockies_5
              There aren't too many shannon sharpe's out there...I say we should just be happy with what we have. Jeb started out slow this year, but he's been picking it up the last couple of weeks. He's not a gamebreaker, but he's definitely solid, and gets the job done.
              I think Wesley Duke is the best TE we have and Shanny is saving him for the right time

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                I think Wesley Duke is the best TE we have and Shanny is saving him for the right time
                That could be a good point if u backed it up with some evidence. Maybe he'll come out and leap over some defenses and really open us up for some playoff wins. Have u seen him play in practice or anything....all i got was a glimpse in preseason and i liked what i saw
                http://www.easports.com/madden06/profile.jsp?server=madden2006&playername=XEngageEi ghtX&player=XEngageEightX&platform=xbl
                EA SPORTS Madden NFL 06 Profile

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16

Remind you of someone?
                  Mr. 87

Comment

Originally posted by dfrivers
                    Remind you of someone?
                    Mr. 87
                    Did you know McCaffrey used to wear pads and shoes that were a size to small simply to lighten himself to jump up and take hits like he did....man the nfl is at a loss for guys like that. Wonder how Easy-ED feels about TO
                    http://www.easports.com/madden06/profile.jsp?server=madden2006&playername=XEngageEi ghtX&player=XEngageEightX&platform=xbl
                    EA SPORTS Madden NFL 06 Profile

Comment

after the concussions he's had it would surprise me if Eddie even knows where he is most of the time.
                      As someone said, a TE isn't just an oversized receiver, they are there to make key blocks. In the Broncos system that is crucial to the success of the running game. Jebs done one hell of a job, and he's been making some seriously tough catches. Theres no point trying to compair his job to that of Gates or Tony G. Those guys are on an offense that relies on them as the primary receivers. A completely differant job.
                      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Putz I beleive will be the long term answer in DEN.

He has had some keys catches this year and suspect if we were not playing so much Double TE. He'd be getting more cacthes asw well as not running so much.

Last week was his best of the season 4-69 yards since week one 7-67. He had a long 40+yard TD called back in one of the games.

While he may never be a Sharpe, TG or Gates he surely will be in the league of Shockey, or Heap great second tier TE's. Someone that Jake has the confidence in as the go to guy so far this year he has caught 27, 21 for 1st downs.

While Duke may be bigger and faster and a basketball player. Is he tough enough to play smash mouth football. Think Mikey is wishing for another miracle. Just as they did last year with another TE that got cut this last summer afeter sening all year on teh PS.

Comment

I really like Putz, hes come through for us in the clutch ALOT. He doesnt put up huge numbers but he does his job(s) very well. I like Alexander alot too, hes a very talented player.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                            Do you actually think Shanahan would be in a tight game like @Dallas and hold out this supposed secret weapon for a later game? You gotta be kidding...

And btw, Putz was the leading receiver (in yardage) last week. Not that that says much, considering we had a hard time moving the ball, but still.

I think Duke is a project, who won't see much playing time this year. I'd like to see how he does, but not when the current TEs are doing well (IMO).

Comment

When talking about a new tight end or replacing one I don't think Putz is they guy that should be mentioned. He is doing a decent job, especially blocking. With the contract they gave him last year he is not going anywhere, something we should all be happy about. I think Alexander (FA 06)will likely be gone next year. Not because he has done a bad job but Shanny has kept Duke and Jackson on board all year so he must see something in one or both of them. If they don't develop to potential it would be great to draft a guy like 6'7"Leonard Pope to serve as a red zone and 3rd down guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X