Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew Bennet

If possible we should pick this guy up.

This guy is a lot like McCaffrey: 6'5", good all around awareness, and the guy is complete clutch. He can make some pretty damn nifty nabs. What do you guys think?

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

Re: Drew Bennet

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore

This guy is a lot like McCaffrey: 6'5", good all around awareness, and the guy is complete clutch. He can make some pretty damn nifty nabs. What do you guys think?
    First off, fill us in.
    Who is he, and where did he play. I for one have never even heard of him.

Hell, I know alot of WR's in Div. II that are 6'5" and clutch, but that doesn't mean they're like Mac. He has a toughness that I haven't seen since the 70's. A couple shakes here/there and he's back in the huddle.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Look here: http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=2000
      Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

he looked clutch in the Titans- New England game on that last drive, two 1st down conversions. It would have been a different Superbowl had he held on to that last ball. I mean come on.....McNair was just throwing the ball up at the end and he made play after play. Too bad it ended when the ball hit his hands and bounced out. That is epitome of the New England season right there, a clutch guy doesn't get it done and New England wins again. Kinda like the goal line stand when James couldn't put the damn ball 1 yard down the field. damn...now i'm getting cranky again..

Comment

he was clutch for 2 great catches, but on the routine catch, he dropped a really easy pass. nobody else even had their hands up he was all alone and dropped it.

i do like him as a WR though he could be a help.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

A WR who drops easy balls? We already have one of those.
            The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

i mean he made 2 great catches that kept the drive alive so they could have a chance to win it, adn the pass he dropped would have been a catch 99 times out of 100 i think. he was a good option opposite mason for mcnair this year.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Hopefully Nate Jackson or Charlie Adams will develop some more this year and one can be a third option for us. We have a whole lot of restructuring to figure out where we stand financially.
                The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Re: Re: Drew Bennet

Originally posted by rcsodak
                  First off, fill us in.
                  Who is he, and where did he play. I for one have never even heard of him.

Hell, I know alot of WR's in Div. II that are 6'5" and clutch, but that doesn't mean they're like Mac. He has a toughness that I haven't seen since the 70's. A couple shakes here/there and he's back in the huddle.
                  Never heard of him huh?

I guess you don't watch much football.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                    Hopefully Nate Jackson or Charlie Adams will develop some more this year and one can be a third option for us. We have a whole lot of restructuring to figure out where we stand financially.
                    i agree jackson adams n madise got to contribute alot this year...IMO i beleive we've already done alot of restructuring i say that based on the deal we offered AW which i pray is done by feb. 24th.....

Comment

I have watched him and is good, but Denver has Nate Jackson who is also alot like McCaffrey and he has very good chance of making the roster this next season.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
                        Look here: http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=2000
                        Actually, although Bennett is perhaps a more polished receiver, I think Northcutt is good. I saw him play against the Steelers, and he would be a valuable pick if only for his special teams ability. He is improving as a reciever, and would push Lelie in camp, thus either beating him out or forcing him to improve. Either way, he would provide a much needed spark to the kick return game. I would imagine he will either stay in Cleveland or go to a team that needs him to play more WR....the Broncos can't guarantee a starting spot. Barring an off seaon or preseason injury, Rod Smith is one starter. I think Lelie should beat out Eddie Mac for spot #2. SO, the best a guy like Northcutt could hope for is to beat out Lelie for number 2, or end up at #3, with kick return or punt return duties.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

bennet over northcutt

Originally posted by Jared
                          Actually, although Bennett is perhaps a more polished receiver, I think Northcutt is good. I saw him play against the Steelers, and he would be a valuable pick if only for his special teams ability. He is improving as a reciever, and would push Lelie in camp, thus either beating him out or forcing him to improve. Either way, he would provide a much needed spark to the kick return game. I would imagine he will either stay in Cleveland or go to a team that needs him to play more WR....the Broncos can't guarantee a starting spot. Barring an off seaon or preseason injury, Rod Smith is one starter. I think Lelie should beat out Eddie Mac for spot #2. SO, the best a guy like Northcutt could hope for is to beat out Lelie for number 2, or end up at #3, with kick return or punt return duties.
                          though bennet dropped that crucial pass at the end of the Pats/titans game. i rather have bennet than northcutt cause i've seem him drop a lot more passes in several key games that the browns have had. northcutt is faster but drew bennet is more reliable.
                          Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Drew Bennet

Originally posted by Bronco Benny
                            Never heard of him huh?

I guess you don't watch much football.
                            Guess YOU like the titans?

iowans...
                            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I agree 100% he is exactly that in my Madden game also (clutch player)

Comment

Working...
                              X