Gold & AW to take pay cuts to stay??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold & AW to take pay cuts to stay??

our system fits their style so they may stay at a lesser price...
    Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

You're joking right? Maybe, I said maybe, Gold if he can't get any takers out there offering a huge amount more than Denver. No chance Wilson will sign for anything less than he thinks he deserves. He has been saying for two seasons he is underpaid, no chance of signing for less than he feels he is worth now.

Comment

Elway & Davis, amongst others, take huge pay cuts, Denver wins a couple of Super Bowls, now the players just ***** & moan about their salaries, and Denver can barely make the playoffs. Hmmm.
      Everyone is a Bronco fan at heart !

Comment

Originally posted by TD30
        Elway & Davis, amongst others, take huge pay cuts, Denver wins a couple of Super Bowls, now the players just ***** & moan about their salaries, and Denver can barely make the playoffs. Hmmm.
        they did not take "pay cuts" they deferred salary over som many years and I think Elway still may be on the books...
        Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
          they did not take "pay cuts" they deferred salary over som many years and I think Elway still may be on the books...
          I know, but the "just" of my post was that it was more important
          to win than for individual financial gains. If no one is willing to sacrifice (if you can call it that) for the good of the immediate future, then the Broncos will be mediocre for quite some time.
          Everyone is a Bronco fan at heart !

Comment

In today's sports world it is highly doubtful that any professional player is going to think about their team before themselves. The Broncos just need to spend money more wisely in my opinion. Get unheralded FAs rather than markee players (Garnder come to mind). I think Shanahan is a good coach, a decent evaulater of college talent... but I think he has done a terrible job of signing FAs to long and terribly steep contracts. I think he needs to take a page out of the NE's management style and start going after FAs that can contribute to the team, but not kill the future if things don't pan out. Like Donnie Spraghan, that was a good pick up that won't kill cap space.

Comment

I wonder how those guys would feel for 'taking one for the team', and then they read in the paper that CP was given a new contract with a big bonus.
              Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Broncos had Wilson/Gold for a steal too long

Past Salaries w/o Signing and other bonuses.
                Wilson has made 1/4th to 1/10th Mobley in past 2 years
                I can't see Wilson playing for less than Mobley

I don't think Broncos can cut Mobley w/o and injury settlement

Gold got 2nd round money and was a backup 2 years.
                Comming off an ACL, the market rate may be within our budget

Mobley would have to re-structure or possibly be cut for us to keep Wilson. Maybe we draft another LB high?

Wilson #1 draft pick in 1999
                1999 470,000
                2000 507,500
                2001 605,000
                2002 450,000
                2003 530,000

Gold #2 draft pick in 2000
                2000 326,250
                2001 298,000
                2002 375,000
                2003 450,000

Mobley 1996 #1 Broncos Pick
                (Current Top 5 LB in base pay - NFLPA website)
                2001 600,000
                2002 1,200,000
                2003 2,200,000 (5.1 mil cap figure)
                2004 2,750,000
                2005 3,450,000
                2006 3,900,000

Comment

In a 'sick' sort of way, we could hope that Mobely retire after his neck injury, opening up another $5mil.
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X