AFC West: Tops in the league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFC West: Tops in the league?

It's kinda funny when you look back on previous NFL broadcasts (thanks Tivo). Madden and the rest picked the NFC East to be the conference to beat, ( imagine that, a NFC exclusive network picking SuperBowl contenders). We all know that we pick the Chiefs now to be the team to beat the Broncos, but will the Steelers beat the Colts? Translation: who will the Broncos face for the AFC title?

broncos @ colts

Comment

Originally posted by biznatches
      It's kinda funny when you look back on previous NFL broadcasts (thanks Tivo). Madden and the rest picked the NFC East to be the conference to beat, ( imagine that, a NFC exclusive network picking SuperBowl contenders). We all know that we pick the Chiefs now to be the team to beat the Broncos, but will the Steelers beat the Colts? Translation: who will the Broncos face for the AFC title?
      We pick the Chiefs to be the team to beat the Broncos? Who is this 'we?'

The AFCC will be Denver and Indy. Where is yet to be determined. Go Steelers!

Comment

What? Who's this "we?" I certainly don't think the Chief's are going to win (though one can never be sure when playing in KC). Personally, I think the Broncos will win all but the last game (against SD) when they rest their starters because the playoff spots have all been decided.

It'll be Broncos-Colts for the AFCC.

Comment

Like I have been saing for the last 4 weeks....AFC Championship game...Denver @ Indy....Denver will win

GO STEELERS TONIGHT!!

Sig by Snk16...Thanks

I say grab T.O and while we are at it why not grab your-self a biscuit!?

My NFL 2005 Regualar Season Predictions Results: 158-100 or 63%

My NFL 2006 Playoff Predictions Results: 8-3

My 2006 Draft Wish List:

S. Holmes(DE)
          L. White(RB)
          J. Cutler(QB)

Get me just 2 of 3 of those and I will be happy

Comment

Originally posted by KyLewin
            What? Who's this "we?" I certainly don't think the Chief's are going to win (though one can never be sure when playing in KC). Personally, I think the Broncos will win all but the last game (against SD) when they rest their starters because the playoff spots have all been decided.

It'll be Broncos-Colts for the AFCC.
            Well, if the playoff spots have been decided, and denver doesn't lose any more games, then they'll ALREADY have a bye week. Meaning, I'd hate to see players have two weeks off........we've already seen what happens with one week off, going into the playoffs......
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 7Nalder7Elway7
              Like I have been saing for the last 4 weeks....AFC Championship game...Denver @ Indy....Denver will win

GO STEELERS TONIGHT!!
              amen!!!!

Comment

Well I dont quite get what your saying, I think the Chargers are the bigger threat for the rest of the season, KC has NO chance of getting into the playoffs, just look at their remaining schedule!

Dec 4 Denver 4:15pm 714 125 126
                Dec 11 @Dallas 4:15pm 712 127 110
                Dec 17 @N.Y. Giants 5:00pm 125 124
                Dec 24 San Diego 1:00pm 707 121 123
                Jan 1 Cincinnati 1:00pm 710 145 119

they are not going to win all of those games, they are going to loose for sure on the road against Dallas and NY, and Cincinnati is too much for them also, so...we have to worry about the chargers.
                vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

Don't speak for all of us. You're not the final opinion eveyrone has to agree with.

Also, worry about winning a playoff game before we worry about the AFC title (AFC CHampionship game)

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                  2. Taxes
                  3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

LMAO the Broncos have won just 1 more game than the chargers since week 2 and they think they are guranteed a spot in the playoffs..... let me ask you this... what if the Chargers have figured out that defense you used in the second half??? Then you have a team with a BETTER defense and a BETTER offense that already knows it can play well on your homefield and has a scheme for whatever defense you choose. The high pressure attack WILL NOT work a 2nd and third time around.
                    2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Comment

Originally posted by super_boltz
                      LMAO the Broncos have won just 1 more game than the chargers since week 2 and they think they are guranteed a spot in the playoffs..... let me ask you this... what if the Chargers have figured out that defense you used in the second half??? Then you have a team with a BETTER defense and a BETTER offense that already knows it can play well on your homefield and has a scheme for whatever defense you choose. The high pressure attack WILL NOT work a 2nd and third time around.
                      yeah.. that makes sense genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                        yeah.. that makes sense genius.
                        Well, what do you expect? The Chargers have lightning bolts on their heads which is obviously bad for the brain cells. Apparently their fans also suffer from this affliction as it's obviously hard for him to grasp that both teams will have altered their gameplans from our first meeting. Because I'm sure we'll run the exact same defense we did before.
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                          Well, what do you expect? The Chargers have lightning bolts on their heads which is obviously bad for the brain cells. Apparently their fans also suffer from this affliction as it's obviously hard for him to grasp that both teams will have altered their gameplans from our first meeting. Because I'm sure we'll run the exact same defense we did before.
                          In the same order as the last time we played them.

Not to mention... it doesn't really matter if they know our defense. They have to GUESS what defense we run and when, then they have to call the right play to match the defense they THINK will be on the field. Then the QB has to read if that is INDEED the defense they were hoping for, then figure out if we are blitzing or not.

It doesn't matter if they have our playbook. THey still wouldn't know what play we are calling when. They are going to have enough game film to study our defense, and we are going to have enough game film to study their offense. Thats where the chess-match begins, and the execution is important.

To even suggest that they "will have our defense figured out"...is assanine.

Comment

Sharpe seems to think we'll win the division with KC and San Diego getting the two wildcard spots. With the Steelers losing tonight.. this is starting to become a possibility.

So yep.. the AFC West is definetely tops imho.
                            The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
                              Sharpe seems to think we'll win the division with KC and San Diego getting the two wildcard spots. With the Steelers losing tonight.. this is starting to become a possibility.

So yep.. the AFC West is definetely tops imho.
                              No doubt. I don't think the Chefs will make the playoffs though. Their remaining schedule is just too tough. Denver will win the Div and SD will take a wild card.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                              ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Working...
                              X