Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick the winner of the Broncos vs. Chiefs II game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hope is that the Broncos aren't getting cocky and looking ahead to the playoffs. The team does have a tendency to play relaxed when they don't feel threatened (i.e. playing down to their opponents). One of the players was quoted talking about how nice it would be to get revenge on the Colts in the AFC Championship game. If KC comes in and plays hungrier, they will likely win if it's close. I don't think there's any way they embarrass us.

Then there's the weather. Temperatures are expected to dip well below freezing in this game. Ironically, I don't think the Broncos have traditionally played well in cold weather games the last few seasons, and on the road it's twice as bad because the accommodations are second-rate. At least it should be dry.

Tough to call this one. If we can get a good jump and take the fans out, I think the defense can hold up their end of the bargain. I called a close game because KC is a strong team, but not a better team at this juncture. It could just as easily be a 20 point win if we jump out to a lead quickly.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

We've been to 3 bronco-chief games here in kc, theres a deep resentment here in kc for our team,,,i think we always have what they wish they had, a gm and coach who are always looking ahead, even if it means a bust on clarett,,,look what dayne dayne did for
      we plan on a barb-a-que, wiht friends over this year,,when we won in overtime was awesome, we did make that game,,they couldnt cover sharpe , i think he got a record on that game,,its so freaking loud there you cant hear yourself think,,we wont do any audibles early, but if we are winning by halftime,,a lot of fans bail early, and the 12th man wont make a diff.
      broncos24-chiefs 17

Comment

Originally posted by chiefbusters
        We've been to 3 bronco-chief games here in kc, theres a deep resentment here in kc for our team,,,i think we always have what they wish they had, a gm and coach who are always looking ahead, even if it means a bust on clarett,,,look what dayne dayne did for
        we plan on a barb-a-que, wiht friends over this year,,when we won in overtime was awesome, we did make that game,,they couldnt cover sharpe , i think he got a record on that game,,its so freaking loud there you cant hear yourself think,,we wont do any audibles early, but if we are winning by halftime,,a lot of fans bail early, and the 12th man wont make a diff.
        broncos24-chiefs 17
        Welcome to the boards.... always nice to have new people

But in all seriousness? That post of yours, hurt me.

Comment

....and to think I was asked to go, with a season ticket holding neighbor....

.....anybody have a life I can borrow?
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Follow the Thread HorseHead...

Originally posted by Javalon
            Okay, so he can't spell or grasp the use of numbers. But we're supposed to take his prediction seriously?
            This is to address everyone that has replied to my original post. First off Javalon. you apparently didn't understand the point of my post, by replying with something about "blowouts" & a game in Buffalo almost a month ago..... Fantanstic- you can tell when a number is larger then another, when "yesterday" happened. You are completely ignoring the fact that the DONCOS(and I'll spell it anyway I choose for the others, if you don't mind) have had just as bad of a time winning in KC as we do in Denver- let alone in December games. To completely ignore this fact is naive. * Also, To focus on how I spell an insult is top shelf stuff fellas.... no,really....genius.*
            Furthermore, KC is back to a healthy status teamwise. We have suffered some key injuries all year(Roaf, Holmes, Surtain, Parker, Sims, etc). The last two games we have had pretty much the entire team together. Larry Johnson is the hottest back right now. Our O-Line is back to it's ProBowl form, Green is passing like a Champ, and the Defence is taking multiple opportunities away from the opponents. And I DON'T care how much we've won by. A win is a win. Whether it's smoking Houston or on the last play versus Oakland. Don't get too cocky about your chances. This will be a tough game for both teams.... and being a biased Chiefs' Fan- the Ponies are going to get their @ss handed to 'em!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Death
              This is to address everyone that has replied to my original post. First off Javalon. you apparently didn't understand the point of my post, by replying with something about "blowouts" & a game in Buffalo almost a month ago..... Fantanstic- you can tell when a number is larger then another, when "yesterday" happened. You are completely ignoring the fact that the DONCOS(and I'll spell it anyway I choose for the others, if you don't mind) have had just as bad of a time winning in KC as we do in Denver- let alone in December games. To completely ignore this fact is naive. * Also, To focus on how I spell an insult is top shelf stuff fellas.... no,really....genius.*
              Furthermore, KC is back to a healthy status teamwise. We have suffered some key injuries all year(Roaf, Holmes, Surtain, Parker, Sims, etc). The last two games we have had pretty much the entire team together. Larry Johnson is the hottest back right now. Our O-Line is back to it's ProBowl form, Green is passing like a Champ, and the Defence is taking multiple opportunities away from the opponents. And I DON'T care how much we've won by. A win is a win. Whether it's smoking Houston or on the last play versus Oakland. Don't get too cocky about your chances. This will be a tough game for both teams.... and being a biased Chiefs' Fan- the Ponies are going to get their @ss handed to 'em!!!

I'm so glad you are back. You are so easy embarrass. By the way, did you say throwing the ball LIKE a Champ... or throwing the ball TO Champ??

Comment

Man, I love to talk football with opposing fans who want to do the same. But it's also quite fun to get under the collar of smack talkers like you.

Thanks for your contribution!
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

You know. I think my IQ just dropped from reading that. Now I feel closer to being a Chief fan

Comment

Bumping for more predicciones....

120 so far ain't too bad. Still surprisingly few picks for KC to win. Hmm...
                    ------

Comment

Come on, admit it Jav.. you are hoping Red_Death comes back.

Comment

Broncos win 34-20
                        Emancipate your mind!
                        The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                          Come on, admit it Jav.. you are hoping Red_Death comes back.
                          Man, that guy's a riot! But if we win tomorrow, we'll probably have to learn to live without the laughs he brings to the forum.
                          ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                            Man, that guy's a riot! But if we win tomorrow, we'll probably have to learn to live without the laughs he brings to the forum.
                            Oh yeah, that is definatly not a dude that is willing to come back with egg on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                              You know. I think my IQ just dropped from reading that. Now I feel closer to being a Chief fan
                              That's ok it is easily restored by reading just two or three good posts. Btw its also good for relieving those feeling of closness to Chief fans.
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                                That's ok it is easily restored by reading just two or three good posts. Btw its also good for relieving those feeling of closness to Chief fans.
                                Good point!!

Comment

Working...
                                X