Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Now 4th in Pass Efficiency

And he will end the year 3rd.

Good read on the front page about luck. I don't think that Jake is playing much different than last year. The difference being clean living. Has anyone counted the number of INT's last year that first went into the hand of a Broncos receiver and then into the hands of a defender. Not jakes fault. Granted, this year Jake has sent some gift wrapped INT's that defenders were too proud to take.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2005/regular

Go Broncos, Featuring Jake Plummer and the World's Fastest Offensive Line.

Don't forget that once Big Ben gets a few games under his belt he should re-qualify and be back on top. He doesn't have enough attempts right now, but I think he was around 114 when he went down.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

and he is tied with JP Losman for fewest picks, but has almost double the amout of attempts......

Look at favre............damn 19 picks

Comment

Jake doing a good job for his team.
        Emancipate your mind!
        The People's Poster

Comment

YEP the SNAKE is doing GREAT!!!
          SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

We are having a good season so far.

Comment

Has anyone counted the number of INT's last year that first went into the hand of a Broncos receiver and then into the hands of a defender.
              Balls tipped at the line of scrimmage were responsible for at least 1/3 of his picks in 2004.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
                Balls tipped at the line of scrimmage were responsible for at least 1/3 of his picks in 2004.
                Talk about a subjective answer. Where's your proof?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoWilly
                  And he will end the year 3rd.

Good read on the front page about luck. I don't think that Jake is playing much different than last year. The difference being clean living. Has anyone counted the number of INT's last year that first went into the hand of a Broncos receiver and then into the hands of a defender. Not jakes fault. Granted, this year Jake has sent some gift wrapped INT's that defenders were too proud to take.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2005/regular

Go Broncos, Featuring Jake Plummer and the World's Fastest Offensive Line.

QB ratings are the most worthless stat in football. The "science" behind how the numbers are generated are worthless in real evaluations of QB.

Completion percentage, yards per attempt and TD/INT ratio are much better indicators. JP is still doing better in those areas, but they wouldn't put him in the top 4.

As far as INTs not being Jake's fault, it's a two-way street. Alot of his "non-INTs" this year were due to drops by the defender. And there are numerous completions that are due more to the effort of the receiver, than the talent of the QB.
                  sigpic

Comment

So in your eyes, you'd rather have Favre's stats on our side??? They're just numbers, right???

Comment

Way to go Jake.

The passer rating is probably the best measure of a QB since they are all judged equally through-out the year.
                      "We the unwilling, led by the unqualified, have been doing so much for so long with so little, will now attempt the impossible with nothing"

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                        QB ratings are the most worthless stat in football. The "science" behind how the numbers are generated are worthless in real evaluations of QB.

Completion percentage, yards per attempt and TD/INT ratio are much better indicators. JP is still doing better in those areas, but they wouldn't put him in the top 4.
                        I'm no mathemetician or formula expert by any means, but uh, I think Completion percentage, yards per attempt and TD/INT ratio all factor into the QB rating.

And on that note.... Jakes stats this year: Comp % - 61.5%, YPA - 7.12, YPC - 11.6, TD/INT - 14/4 = 3.5...

Looks pretty good to me.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                        ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Talk about a subjective answer. Where's your proof?
                          Since I don't have the benefit of film to go back and review them all, I couldn't say it was half, but there were a ton of tips at the line and by his receivers that bounced into defender's arms. Having said that, Jake through a lot of passes high and behind his receivers.

This year, there have been a lot of tipped balls that have fallen that could very easily have been intercepted. I think that when you don't have Manning or Marino accuracy, there is a certain amount of luck in how many interceptions a QB winds up with.
                          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

As far as INTs not being Jake's fault, it's a two-way street. Alot of his "non-INTs" this year were due to drops by the defender. And there are numerous completions that are due more to the effort of the receiver, than the talent of the QB.
                            "The NFL's system [for QB rating] uses four metrics: completion percentage, yards per attempt, percentage of touchdowns thrown per attempt, and percentage of interceptions per attempt. The four factors are weighted equally."

So how does the QB rating system not work for your critieria?
                            Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass
                              So how does the QB rating system not work for your critieria?
                              Thats easy... Because it says that he is a good quarterback...

Comment

Working...
                              X