Maurice Clarett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maurice Clarett

What are some of your thoughts on this???
    Definitely
    5.56%
    Perhaps, but only in exceptional circumstances
    22.22%
    No way
    66.67%
    Not sure
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Football is, by nature, more physically stressfun than other sports. These atheletes need at least 3 years to be at least somewhat ready for the NFL.
    Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

clarrett is a criminal maybe he should be in the nba instead he would fit well there. that way i would have no chance of ever having to see him play
      Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
        clarrett is a criminal maybe he should be in the nba instead he would fit well there. that way i would have no chance of ever having to see him play
        maybe he should go play up in Portland...
        Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

This is the one time I would like to see Ray Lewis on a highlight reel, just destroying this jerk on the field. If it was possible I'd rather see Atwater hit him and Lewis both!!!!

Comment

I think they should be aloud

I think it matters what position it is like it was kicker or something none physically i think its good but a position like running back no way. If they think they can make the leap and coaches to let them if they get paralyzed or injuried severally its there fault.
            CUTBACK!!!

Comment

I got two questions.

1.) leap into what?

2.) What is the difference between expectional circumstance, and a regular circumstance. Is one circumstance more exciting, or is it just exceptional in the fact that there could be an exception to the rule of the circumstance? Sorry, just thought I'd ask!
              [QUOTE]
              If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                I got two questions.

1.) leap into what?

2.) What is the difference between expectional circumstance, and a regular circumstance. Is one circumstance more exciting, or is it just exceptional in the fact that there could be an exception to the rule of the circumstance? Sorry, just thought I'd ask!
                1. Leap into the NFL from high school

2.The exceptional circumstance is he is a man child and that is more NBA then NFL... an 18 year old has no business entering the NFL regardless of circumstances, they need “education” see CU...
                Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Just a thought...

If the NFL doesn't want people to enter the draft right out of high school, but the courts say they can. Why doesn't the NFL just adopt the hiring practice of many companies.

To work for an NFL team, you must be a college graduate.

Simple...you want to play pro ball, you get an education first.
                  Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
                    Just a thought...

If the NFL doesn't want people to enter the draft right out of high school, but the courts say they can. Why doesn't the NFL just adopt the hiring practice of many companies.

To work for an NFL team, you must be a college graduate.

Simple...you want to play pro ball, you get an education first.
                    Many don't graduate. They leave after 3 years. Think about Fitzgerald. I still think it's about physical and mental maturity.
                    Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Originally posted by DieWithMileHigh
                      This is the one time I would like to see Ray Lewis on a highlight reel, just destroying this jerk on the field. If it was possible I'd rather see Atwater hit him and Lewis both!!!!
                      You are absolutey right. I would love to see someone like ray lewis or brian urlacher or rodney harrison knock some sense into this idiot.

Can you hear me now? Good!

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
                        Many don't graduate. They leave after 3 years. Think about Fitzgerald. I still think it's about physical and mental maturity.
                        If the courts say that the NFL can't prevent someone from entering the draft based on their age, then why not put a college diploma/degree/etc clause in the collective bargaining agreement, this would ensure that college athletes completed their education before going pro.

NFL teams would only benefit from a scenario such as this.
                        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
                          If the courts say that the NFL can't prevent someone from entering the draft based on their age, then why not put a college diploma/degree/etc clause in the collective bargaining agreement, this would ensure that college athletes completed their education before going pro.

NFL teams would only benefit from a scenario such as this.
                          NFLPA would never approve...then that would prevent alot of underclassmen from coming out... just think CP...
                          Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Things like this cannot be covered by a blanket rule. It is better to look at it on a case to case basis. Unfortunately this really can't be done. But what can you do?

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
                              Things like this cannot be covered by a blanket rule. It is better to look at it on a case to case basis. Unfortunately this really can't be done. But what can you do?
                              not dfrat them... but we know that will never happen either...
                              Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Working...
                              X