I know where Champ's goin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know where Champ's goin!

Philly, right? they need a CB and they have lots of money for WR help and they did make it to the NFC campionship, i'm guessing he goes there.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Re: I know where Champ's goin!

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    Philly, right? they need a CB and they have lots of money for WR help and they did make it to the NFC campionship, i'm guessing he goes there.
    THAT would make for an interesting return to Washington.

Still need a grade A receiver there, though.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Re: Re: I know where Champ's goin!

Originally posted by Jared
      TO is in their sights...
      Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Re: Re: I know where Champ's goin!

THAT would make for an interesting return to Washington.

dont they have 22 mil to spend? i thought T.O. was conssidering there too. they would be dangerous if they got owens and bailey.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: I know where Champ's goin!

dont they have 22 mil to spend? i thought T.O. was conssidering there too. they would be dangerous if they got owens and bailey.
          Well, they need a receiver more than a DB in my opinion, although if they sign both, they will be better than they were this past season, on paper. I am not sure T.O. can get live with being the #2 guy on offense. Clearly, for better or for worse, they are built around McNabb. They are his team. Owens ego is so huge, can he deal with that?

Bailey would be a nice fit though. Especially since I think they are cutting either Vincent or Taylor or both.

Comment

the eagles will sign neither Bailey nor Owens. trust me on that. I know the F.O.'s tendencies well. maybe they go after winfield(although he is 5-9, like their two remaining young CB's) from Buff. or Plummer from S.F..

they tend to skew younger and like to "try" and develop WR's. hasn't worked out so well yet.

McCareins from Tenn., Winfiend/Plummer at CB, and a stud DE is the best guess for this offseason.

they like to pressure the QB with the blitz and this means trusting their corners alone one-on-one. this year it failed because no DL could generate pressure without help from the blitz.

Taylor and Vincent prob. won't be resigned, with Vincent being the likely one to resign if any. younger players are cheaper and help maintain healthy cap standing(believe me, us Eagles fans are starting to get p*ssed off with the cheap spending).

hope this clears up some guess work for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by nitz1
              the eagles will sign neither Bailey nor Owens. trust me on that. I know the F.O.'s tendencies well. maybe they go after winfield(although he is 5-9, like their two remaining young CB's) from Buff. or Plummer from S.F..

they tend to skew younger and like to "try" and develop WR's. hasn't worked out so well yet.

McCareins from Tenn., Winfiend/Plummer at CB, and a stud DE is the best guess for this offseason.

they like to pressure the QB with the blitz and this means trusting their corners alone one-on-one. this year it failed because no DL could generate pressure without help from the blitz.

Taylor and Vincent prob. won't be resigned, with Vincent being the likely one to resign if any. younger players are cheaper and help maintain healthy cap standing(believe me, us Eagles fans are starting to get p*ssed off with the cheap spending).

hope this clears up some guess work for you guys.
              What about their horrible showing against the run this year? DL or LB problem?

That 'cheap" spending is actually a very good way to extend your window of opportunity. But it requires an outstanding scouting department and good player evaluation.

Comment

Philly is already having trouble signing their current corners, Vincent and Taylor. Don't seem them dropping even more coin on Champ. They have a lot of current players they need to re sign before going after TO or any other top free agent.

Comment

according to ESPN INsider, the following 10 teams are in the Bailey Sweepstakes:

Jets
                  Lions
                  Redskins
                  Falcons
                  Broncos
                  Saints
                  Texans
                  Cardinals
                  New Orleans
                  Arizona

Strongest bidders so far are Lions w/ the Jets coming on strong too.
                  Artical says the Broncos are "monitoring the situation" but are still shellshocked by the Daryl Gardener signing...

Comment

Champ Bailey is going nowhere. He is a franchise player for Skins now.

Comment

Originally posted by invisogothworld
                      Champ Bailey is going nowhere. He is a franchise player for Skins now.
                      it was smart of the redskins to franchise bailey. they might have a chance at the playoffs now.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

What about their horrible showing against the run this year? DL or LB problem?

That 'cheap" spending is actually a very good way to extend your window of opportunity. But it requires an outstanding scouting department and good player evaluation.

Simoneau(MLB) was worn down by the middle of the year due to 4 DL being lost for the season from injuries. Because of no rotation on the D line the linemen were worn down and the linebackers were attacked by the FB and G's. And Wayne(WLB) was very poor at tackling to begin with. Some underwhelming scouting by the F.O. brought both of those players in last season and they got what they paid for: a LARGE reason why the team failed.

Yes, "cheap spending" is a good way to supplement good scouting and extend the window of oppurtunity but that is not the reason for the fans anger. We enjoy the success we've had the past few years but that is not enough for a city who has had the four major sports teams for a long time and HAS NOT WON A CHAMPIONSHIP SINCE 1983.

Here is a list(from memory) of the last championships for Philly:
                        SIXERS : 1983, 1965-66(???)
                        FLYERS : 1975-76(or 74-75, which ever)
                        PHILLIES : 1980
                        EAGLES : 1960, 1948-49

I know the woes of Boston, Chicago, Houston, and the like but they have won recently in at least ONE sport if not multiple times. Pats(2x), Bulls(6x), Rockets(2x)...

We're not askin' for much, just throw us a bone ONCE A DECADE OR SO! Pick a sport and give us a championship. Of course we'd prefer the Eagles first but this is gettin' rediculous. I mean, the damn Marlins have won twice in the past ten years or so!

Comment

it was smart of the redskins to franchise bailey. they might have a chance at the playoffs now.

Well they had him last year and didn't sniff the playoffs, but if they get Brunell to lead them and do a decent job drafting they have a much better chance.

On the flip side if Detroit managed to get Champ how good would their defense be with him, Bly and little brother Boss?
                          The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

2002 nfc championship

after the eagles lost to the rams in the ncf championship that 2002 draft andy reid first three picks were DB which included lito sheppard in that group. one reason he drafted three DB was to have depth at that position in the case of covering the high powered ram offense and another reason is just for this situation. thier defensive backs in thier mind were getting old and in the case they would not be signed he had young guys ready to jump in to replace them. i don't think they will sign bailey but i do think they will go after TO hard and still not get him.
                            Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by nitz1
                              Simoneau(MLB) was worn down by the middle of the year due to 4 DL being lost for the season from injuries. Because of no rotation on the D line the linemen were worn down and the linebackers were attacked by the FB and G's. And Wayne(WLB) was very poor at tackling to begin with. Some underwhelming scouting by the F.O. brought both of those players in last season and they got what they paid for: a LARGE reason why the team failed.

Yes, "cheap spending" is a good way to supplement good scouting and extend the window of oppurtunity but that is not the reason for the fans anger. We enjoy the success we've had the past few years but that is not enough for a city who has had the four major sports teams for a long time and HAS NOT WON A CHAMPIONSHIP SINCE 1983.

Here is a list(from memory) of the last championships for Philly:
                              SIXERS : 1983, 1965-66(???)
                              FLYERS : 1975-76(or 74-75, which ever)
                              PHILLIES : 1980
                              EAGLES : 1960, 1948-49

I know the woes of Boston, Chicago, Houston, and the like but they have won recently in at least ONE sport if not multiple times. Pats(2x), Bulls(6x), Rockets(2x)...

We're not askin' for much, just throw us a bone ONCE A DECADE OR SO! Pick a sport and give us a championship. Of course we'd prefer the Eagles first but this is gettin' rediculous. I mean, the damn Marlins have won twice in the past ten years or so!

Umm...ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X