Unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable

I cannot believe I am seeing this. For some reason I keep seeing the same old crap about "Jake Plummer isn't playing great, he just isn't making mistakes". Wow. Explain this. We all agree that turnovers effect game results. Enter Jake Plummer, only 4 interceptions. Lowest total in the league, period. Passer rating, 4th highest in the league. Denver Broncos, 9-2, second best record in the league.
    What else does he have to do? Pass for 6 more touchdowns so he can match the ominous Peyton Manning? Jake IS playing well this year. At this time last year everyone kept saying that they wish he could have a season like Drew Brees did last year. And surprise, he's having a better one. People still complain. Jake Haters, just admit that you will never be happy no matter what he does. You still miss Elway and you enjoy taking out your subconcious pain on Plummer. Don't get me wrong. I am 28, been watching the Broncos since I was 7. I think Elway was one of the greatest ever. But there is a new star on the horizon. What other stats do you need? Elways records are falling left and right. Looking for individual accomplishments? Here you go; 2004 shattered the Broncos single-season record for passing yards (4,089) and tied Denver’s one-year passing touchdown mark (27), records held by John Elway. He is currently projected to throw only 6 interceptions this year. Elways lowest season total is 10. He also broke the Bronco record for most pass attempts without a interception at 229. If all of you antagonists say that doesn't matter its the total Bronco wins, see how this crow tastes; Jake is 28-10 (73.6%) as a Bronco's starter and entered 2005 with a 19-8 record (70.4%) in two years as the Broncos’ starting quarterback, a winning percentage that was the fourth highest among NFL signal-callers during that period. And please, don't refer to the Superbowl thing as your desperate last resort because he has only been with the Broncos for 2 and a half years. Don't even bother mentioning his previous years as a Cardinal because the guy leads all active quarterbacks with 22 comeback wins so obviously he did his part. Sometime you just have to put down you gloves and aceept the battle-hardened truth. Jake Plummer is having a great year and there is a reason that analysts are mentioning his name amongst MVP candidates. They hated him before just as the rest of you do now. However, if the crooked, flip flop media types can change; what in the world is stopping you?

Originally posted by plummer282005
    I cannot believe I am seeing this. For some reason I keep seeing the same old crap about "Jake Plummer isn't playing great, he just isn't making mistakes". They hated him before just as the rest of you do now. However, if the crooke, flip flop media types can change; what in the world is stopping you?
    First, let me say that if you break your post into paragraphs it's much more readable.

Second, I have to ask - who exactly are you referring to? Do you have a link or some other threads which show "the same old crap" about Plummer or show how "the rest of you" hate him? Who hates him? People on here? The media? Please explain. I know there are some on here who don't like Jake but for the most part the people of this board are very supportive of him (jump in any time with a response Mountain Man )

Comment

Jake Plummer is doing a great job for his team the Denver Broncos.

(Sometimes we dislike people for whatever reasons and we become so stubborn that no matter what happens we won't change our feelings.)

I for one like Jake Plummer what Jake is doing for the Broncos. Jake keeping leading our team to victory young man. 9-2 is a great start. Let's finish this thing with a SuperBowl win.

Side not: I agree with Cali Bronco........... Your post would be better to read if they were broken into paragraphs or small sections.
      Emancipate your mind!
      The People's Poster

Comment

BroncoFanCam <--- Happy with Jake Plummer

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

He is playing efficiently and wisely, what more do we need?

Comment

You'll find no argument from me, but I don't really hold it against those who are still reserving judgement on him.

Maybe everyone will love him if he continues playing this way through the rest of the regular season and wins a few in the post season.

But don't hold your breath.
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic
            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I want to know... why some people are SOOOO insistant that EVERYONE like Jake Plummer. WHy? WHy is it Soooooo important to you people that EVERYONE like the guy?

I've never seen such a group of people on a CRUSADE like I have on this board, practically BEGGING people to love Jake. Its sad.
              Ravage!!!
              Trouble
              Last edited by Ravage!!!; 11-29-2005, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                I want to know... why some people are SOOOO insistant that EVERYONE like Jake Plummer. WHy? WHy is it Soooooo important to you people that EVERYONE like the guy?

I've never seen such a group of people on a CRUSADE like I have on this board, practically BEGGING people to love Jake. Its sad.

Historically, Jake has more haters than most any QB playing today.

The gushers are trying to get back at the haters now that Jake is having a decent statistical season.

It's a typical kneejerk reaction.

Comment

Hey buddy... don't go around callin' me names....

(the nerve of this guy callin' me a knee-jerk... why I oughta'.... sheeesh!)

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                    Hey buddy... don't go around callin' me names....

(the nerve of this guy callin' me a knee-jerk... why I oughta'.... sheeesh!)
                    You forgot gusher.
                    Emancipate your mind!
                    The People's Poster

Comment

I remember seeing Jake years ago in the one playoff game he took the Cardinals to. As I watched him scramble around and make plays, I thought "This guy would be good for the Broncos-after Elway retires."

Alas, it has happened.

Jake Plummer is a Denver Bronco. Theee Jake Plummerrrr......

Some will like. Some will not. <shrugs>

Some say he doesnt lose us games. That's a good thing.

He's not Manning, or Brady, McNabb or Farve-or even McNair!

I mean, really, we could have worse QB's.....Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, David Carr, JP Losman...take your pick of the worst.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                      -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                        You forgot gusher.
                        Oh, man... a gusher too! I cannot believe this... I can't take this kind of persecution!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
                          I remember seeing Jake years ago in the one playoff game he took the Cardinals to. As I watched him scramble around and make plays, I thought "This guy would be good for the Broncos-after Elway retires."
                          Well, that makes one of you.

Jake Plummer is a Denver Bronco. Theee Jake Plummerrrr......
                          OK

Some will like. Some will not. <shrugs>
                          Duh...

Some say he doesnt lose us games. That's a good thing.
                          True, but I sort of expect that from every member of the team. Big deal.

He's not Manning, or Brady, McNabb or Farve-or even McNair!
                          So, tell me something I don't know.

I mean, really, we could have worse QB's.....Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, David Carr, JP Losman...take your pick of the worst.
                          I don't know how you can know how good Smith is. He only has 50 pass attempts. Not exactly enough to form an opinion. I wouldn't want Joey or JP, but David Carr is a very talented QB who is in a terrible situation. It's hard to be an effective QB when your O line doesn't block, and you end up running for your life on every down.

In conclusion, you sound like a typical St. Jake bandwagon poster. You have a whopping 6 posts (at the time of this reply) and all you offer is the same drivel we see from the worshippers of St. Jake.

Come back when you have something significant to say.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                            Well, that makes one of you.

OK

Duh...

True, but I sort of expect that from every member of the team. Big deal.

So, tell me something I don't know.

I don't know how you can know how good Smith is. He only has 50 pass attempts. Not exactly enough to form an opinion. I wouldn't want Joey or JP, but David Carr is a very talented QB who is in a terrible situation. It's hard to be an effective QB when your O line doesn't block, and you end up running for your life on every down.

In conclusion, you sound like a typical St. Jake bandwagon poster. You have a whopping 6 posts (at the time of this reply) and all you offer is the same drivel we see from the worshippers of St. Jake.

Come back when you have something significant to say.
                            You best watch yourself when you're dealin' with mtnman...

Comment

Well . . .

Originally posted by Ravage!!!

You forgot the other side, Rav. Why are some people SOOOO insistent everyone NOT like Jake? Why is it sooooooo important everyone dwell on his shortcomings?

If you're going to sit in the center here, you must give due to both sides.

-----

Comment

Working...
                              X