Unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
    Hey buddy... don't go around callin' me names....

(the nerve of this guy callin' me a knee-jerk... why I oughta'.... sheeesh!)
    Hope you're kidding. TDK used "kneejerk" as an adjective, not a noun . . .

-----

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
      David Carr is a very talented QB who is in a terrible situation. It's hard to be an effective QB when your O line doesn't block, and you end up running for your life on every down.
      Hmmm . . . would you repeat that for me?

Sounded for a minute as if you were talking about Jake with the Cardinals.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
        David Carr is a very talented QB who is in a terrible situation. It's hard to be an effective QB when your O line doesn't block, and you end up running for your life on every down.
        You throw up JP's stats in Arizona as your argument on why he is so bad, than you throw this out there. Whats with the double standard?

*Scribe you beat me to it. Darnnit.
        You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
          Hey buddy... don't go around callin' me names....

(the nerve of this guy callin' me a knee-jerk... why I oughta'.... sheeesh!)
          your post made me laugh...
          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
            Hmmm . . . would you repeat that for me?

Sounded for a minute as if you were talking about Jake with the Cardinals.

-----
            No, but I'm not surprised that you think so.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
              I want to know... why some people are SOOOO insistant that EVERYONE like Jake Plummer. WHy? WHy is it Soooooo important to you people that EVERYONE like the guy?

I've never seen such a group of people on a CRUSADE like I have on this board, practically BEGGING people to love Jake. Its sad.
              The way I see it is like this, I dont care if you are a racist, I am just not going to stand for hearing racist comments. If I hear something that is really out of line by my standards, I will say something! This season besides 3 interceptions (ok maybe 4) what can you complain to the SNAKE about?
              SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

I want to know... why some people are SOOOO insistant that EVERYONE like Jake Plummer. WHy? WHy is it Soooooo important to you people that EVERYONE like the guy?

I've never seen such a group of people on a CRUSADE like I have on this board, practically BEGGING people to love Jake. Its sad.
                Begging people to like Jake? Not my agenda, and I'm pretty sure thats not the agenda of many others here. If you have a strong opinion, be prepared to defend it in a debate.

Comment

Originally posted by plummer282005
                  I cannot believe I am seeing this. For some reason I keep seeing the same old crap about "Jake Plummer isn't playing great, he just isn't making mistakes". Wow. Explain this. We all agree that turnovers effect game results. Enter Jake Plummer, only 4 interceptions. Lowest total in the league, period. Passer rating, 4th highest in the league. Denver Broncos, 9-2, second best record in the league.
                  What else does he have to do? Pass for 6 more touchdowns so he can match the ominous Peyton Manning? Jake IS playing well this year. At this time last year everyone kept saying that they wish he could have a season like Drew Brees did last year. And surprise, he's having a better one. People still complain. Jake Haters, just admit that you will never be happy no matter what he does. You still miss Elway and you enjoy taking out your subconcious pain on Plummer. Don't get me wrong. I am 28, been watching the Broncos since I was 7. I think Elway was one of the greatest ever. But there is a new star on the horizon. What other stats do you need? Elways records are falling left and right. Looking for individual accomplishments? Here you go; 2004 shattered the Broncos single-season record for passing yards (4,089) and tied Denver’s one-year passing touchdown mark (27), records held by John Elway. He is currently projected to throw only 6 interceptions this year. Elways lowest season total is 10. He also broke the Bronco record for most pass attempts without a interception at 229. If all of you antagonists say that doesn't matter its the total Bronco wins, see how this crow tastes; Jake is 28-10 (73.6%) as a Bronco's starter and entered 2005 with a 19-8 record (70.4%) in two years as the Broncos’ starting quarterback, a winning percentage that was the fourth highest among NFL signal-callers during that period. And please, don't refer to the Superbowl thing as your desperate last resort because he has only been with the Broncos for 2 and a half years. Don't even bother mentioning his previous years as a Cardinal because the guy leads all active quarterbacks with 22 comeback wins so obviously he did his part. Sometime you just have to put down you gloves and aceept the battle-hardened truth. Jake Plummer is having a great year and there is a reason that analysts are mentioning his name amongst MVP candidates. They hated him before just as the rest of you do now. However, if the crooked, flip flop media types can change; what in the world is stopping you?

Nice post.

However, you will learn around here that posting positive things about Jake will only bring out people attacking your opinion for this reason or that. Gets really boring, but is strangly addictive.

First, If you really make them mad, the anti-Jake crowd will first attack the number of post youve made, How this has anything to do with observing football and making comments is beyond me. Keep digging at the issue with them, you better use your spell check because thats next.

I noticed you mentioned Elway, big mistake. This will bring on the second onslaught of Elway lovers ready for blood. Here, your dead in the water. Good luck next post.
                  "We the unwilling, led by the unqualified, have been doing so much for so long with so little, will now attempt the impossible with nothing"

Comment

Originally posted by NASurfer
                    Begging people to like Jake? Not my agenda, and I'm pretty sure thats not the agenda of many others here. If you have a strong opinion, be prepared to defend it in a debate.
                    Exactly. I think it is stupid how we get called "St. Jake Worshippers" for being on the other side of the debate. Yet pointing out MNTMAN's hypocricy was viewed as a personal attack.

Saying we are all obsessed with everyone being Plummer fans makes no sense. That's like going into every thread of heated debate on here and saying "WHO CARES, WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN OPINIONS, JUST DROP IT"

Comment

I am.. always have been. Perhaps you haven't seen me on the boards before.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
                        The way I see it is like this, I dont care if you are a racist, I am just not going to stand for hearing racist comments. If I hear something that is really out of line by my standards, I will say something! This season besides 3 interceptions (ok maybe 4) what can you complain to the SNAKE about?
                        I don't believe I have complained about Jake. Doesn't mean I make a run on post ranting it. Also doesn't mean I'm going to agree with anyone trying to compare Jake to Elway. I think THAT is just plain ridiculous... and funny. Although I will agree there is nothing to complain about.. I can also ask if there is anything to YELL about, other than the comparison of him "not turning over the ball."

I'm asking this simple question with that comment. I think its great that Jake isn't turning over the ball. His consistant play is definatly keeping the ball out of the other team's hands, and giving us a much more controlled ball game. But, is that the kind of QB you want to brag about, the one that is known for "finally avoiding the misakes?" Personally, I think its great that he's avoiding them, doesn't mean that the tops of my catagories for "great qb's."

I have always said.. and did all year pre-season. Jake is NOT an elite QB...he's average.. BUT.. he's good enough to win if we put enough talent around him. He's not the type of QB that can win a game on his own. Thats exactly what we've done. We've given him a Talented running game, and a defense that is solid. Put in a punter that gives us good field position, and we are a different version of last years Steelers...or the Tampa Bay Bucs with Brad Johnson. Is that a bad thing? No. Its not. Brad Johnson won a SUper Bowl by being a very controlled QB that didn't turn the ball over, and let the defense and field position, along with the running, win the ball game. Works for me.

Comment

So why wouldn't you want us to do the same thing.
                          I'm not going to quit arguing a point because I don't want to be labeled as a "St. Jake Worshipper" or whatever the new term is this week or next week.

At this point I think MNTMAN is just being stubborn in refusing to say why exactly he has a personal vendetta against Jake.
                          I don't see any other "Anti-Jake" posters or whatever you want to call them posting "Negative spin" on Plummer every week no matter what.

By negative spin of course I mean, for example... "Jake played well, but this, but that, but this, but he played well"
                          My favorite was after the 4 TD 0 INT game vs. NE - all MNTMAN could muster was "Jp Played well, missed some throws, but played well"
                          yea there is no personal vendetta, naaaaah

Comment

See! This is what happens when someone starts a Plummer thread...

We're all Bronco fans people! We're all fans of the team, and the team consists of 53 players. Not everyone of them can be of pro-bowl caliber or of your complete liking.

I'm happy with what we've got and you should be too. Ahhhh, ain't that nice?

Comment

I wasen't accusing you of not debating, I'm meant that you should be prepared for opposing view points. You throw an argument out there, people who don't share your views are gonna throw in thier 2 cents. I was responding directly to your post about the "St. Jake" crowd.

Comment

You throw up JP's stats in Arizona as your argument on why he is so bad, than you throw this out there. Whats with the double standard?

*Scribe you beat me to it. Darnnit.
                                I don't think you guys want to go there, but you brought it up. Let's look at their careers during the first 4 years....

St. Jake

52 games / 1699 att - 952 comp (56.0%) / 10997 yards / 54 TD - 80 INTs (.68 to 1 ratio) / 66.2 avg QB rating

David Carr

55 games / 1492 att - 862 comp (57.7%) / 9875 yards / 45 TD - 50 INTs (.9 to 1 ratio) / 73.9 avg QB rating

Carr still hasn't completed his 4th year. If he plays the remaining 6 games, his projected numbers are:

61 games / 1649 att - 959 comp (58.0%) / 10823 yards / 51 TD - 54 INTs (.94 to 1 ratio) / 75.2 avg QB rating

Some glaring differences aren't reflected in these numbers.

St. Jake had 20+ INTs three of his first four years. Carr has never thrown 20+ INTs in a season.

Including this season, Carr has thrown more TDs than INTs in two of his first four years. St. Jake never threw more TDs than INTs in his first four years.

David Carr has two seasons with a QB rating of 80% or better (based on projections for this season). St. Jake never topped 75%, and had one season with a 50% (his third season).

Carr has had a 60% or better competion percentage two of his first four years. St. Jake never had a 60% completion rate in AZ.

In conclusion, David Carr performed better under his poor surroundings that St. Jake did in his.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X