TAG your it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAG your it...

Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson and Chris McAlister will all be designated with the franchise tag, according to ESPN... that is not that suprising to me...
    Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

some please refresh my memory and define franchise tag again please.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Joe
      some please refresh my memory and define franchise tag again please.
      The franchise player is a designation that each team has to offer one player per franchise. This designation has multiple features and is often offered to players that have started to achieve some level of success but have not yet reached their maximum potential. The primary use of this tag is used in RFA where it demands compensation in the RFA bidding process but it can also be used to curtail the salary of a high priced player who has performed well in the previous season. Franchise Player Specifics The franchise tag has many uses. Here is a list of what the franchise tag does. Franchise player is exempt from any performance or annual increases for as long as the player is tagged. If a player has the franchise tag designation and is in RFA, that player will command a future 1stround draft pick plus any current year compensation as requirements for bidding on that player in RFA. Example: Priest Holmes is in RFA and he has earned a 1stround draft pick as compensation. You fear that he will still be bid on and his salary could get to high to match the bid. You decide to extend the franchise tag to Holmes prior to RFA. This now changes his compensation due for RFA to a current 1stround pick plus a future 1stround pick. The threat of having to offer two 1stround picks may be too much for bidders. If not you would get an additional pick as compensation if you decided not to keep Holmes in RFA. Trading a player tagged as the franchise player will remove the designation. (The designation stays with the team and does not follow the player. You cannot own more than one franchise tag) Extending the contract of a player will remove his franchise designation to assign to someone else. Waiving a franchise player will remove the tag. You may not assign the franchise tag to a practice squad player. NOTE: Removing the franchise tag from the player information screen will result in the automatic waiving of the player and he will go directly into UFA. If you wish to remove the franchise tag use one of the examples above to remove the tag without risking the automatic waiving of the player. Tip: Assign your franchise tag to a player with a high salary that will be getting a substantial performance raise at the end of the year. This will prevent the raise from being applied and
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Page 2
      Copyright © 1993,2003 by Extreme Fantasy Sports, Inc. All rights reserved. 2then you can remove the tag by giving a contract extension at the beginning of the new EFS season. NOTE: Be sure the player will not have a zero year contract at the beginning of the new year or you will have to wait until after RFA is over to re-assign the tag. Designating the Franchise Player To designate a player as the franchise player, click on the player’s name from the rosters’ screen. On the player information screen under franchise player change the field from an ‘N” to a ‘Y’. Hit the submit button and confirm the “are you sure” box. You have now assigned the franchise tag. The roster screen will have the player’s name and salary highlighted to indicate he is your franchise player.
      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Re: TAG your it...

Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
        Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson and Chris McAlister will all be designated with the franchise tag, according to ESPN... that is not that suprising to me...
        That does not surprise me. I knew that was a very real possibility. That means at least at this juncture that Shawn Springs will be available, if Denver can get the house in order maybe they could pursue him.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Re: Re: TAG your it...

Originally posted by TXBRONC
          That does not surprise me. I knew that was a very real possibility. That means at least at this juncture that Shawn Springs will be available, if Denver can get the house in order maybe they could pursue him.
          Or we may hit al wilson with the tag.
          sigpic

Comment

Re: Re: Re: TAG your it...

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA
            Or we may hit al wilson with the tag.
            I'm sure we'll do that, but signing Shawn Springs would be cool.
            Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Working...
            X