• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Re: Broncos seek ways to trim and bear it

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
    Here is an article that outlines some ideas Ted Sundquist is working with to restructure our cap problems.

In general, He's looking at restructuring contracts with Ephraim Salaam, Ed McCaffrey, John Mobley, Matt Lepsis & possibly Trevor Pryce; all of whom are going to cost us big this year.

I don't envy his job... Even hinting that Eddie Mac may get released will likely cause one helluva uproar amongst the Broncos Faithful. I'd be willing to bet he's one of most respected members on the squad since Elway left. Then again.... Atwater was considered to be in the same vein and look what happened to him

Nuff said...
    Didn't Shanahan admit he made a mistake by letting Atwater go the way he did? I also seem to remember that the Broncos brought Atwater back so that he could retire as Bronco. I know for sure Shanahan has admitted that he made hughe mistake when he let Sharpe go to the Ravens for those two year.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyrow
    replied
    Plummer's pay

Jake got a signing bonus last year of nearly 16 million if I recall. At those outrageous number, what is a few million. He is on average one of the top paid QB's, but not in Manning's class.

The base salary is kind of meaningless, and the agent probably wanted it structured that way so if he had a questionable year the Broncos would have no incentive to cut him. It good that he performed well, but I'd count at least 6 mill or more of the signing bonus toward this year if you compare him with QB's across the league

Leave a comment:

• rascal
    replied
    Originally posted by dhall26
    Damn, Not to be rude, and I don't think he's the top nacho like most of you do, but shouldn't Plummer be making more than $660,000, I'd say at least $2.5 million. I guess I'm replying because I'm surprised. I thought he was at least making what Green was or a little less.
    he is worth more, but when they did the contract they knew we would be tight this year so they made this year a lot less but made up for it elsewhere in the contract.

Leave a comment:

• dhall26
    replied
    Originally posted by rascal
    We don't have a franchise player yet, if we don't sign wilson by tuesday we will slap him with it. Plummer gets 660,000 in 2004, but 3.3 mil in 2005, 4.3 in 06, 5.3 in 07, 4.8 in 08 and 5.8 in 09. And unless you want to give up two #1 draft picks and pay wilson 5.5 mil you won't get him.

Damn, Not to be rude, and I don't think he's the top nacho like most of you do, but shouldn't Plummer be making more than $660,000, I'd say at least $2.5 million. I guess I'm replying because I'm surprised. I thought he was at least making what Green was or a little less.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    You guys are over? Who's your franchise player? And how much is Plummer making? Green makes $4.6 million, he's good, but I think we should bump him down more, maybe $3.5 million. And, how much is Wilson reportedly asking for, and if the Chiefs became serious, would they have room to sign him?
    Right now, the theory is that Wilson will be slapped with the franchise tag.

I believe that Lava someone else did post some salary figures Waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy back. Ask around. I don't know who makes what, exactly.

Read the article posted, it does talk about a handful of players and how their contracts last year is coming up, and contracts in the NFL are generally backloaded.

Leave a comment:

• rascal
    replied
    You guys are over? Who's your franchise player? And how much is Plummer making? Green makes $4.6 million, he's good, but I think we should bump him down more, maybe $3.5 million. And, how much is Wilson reportedly asking for, and if the Chiefs became serious, would they have room to sign him?
    We don't have a franchise player yet, if we don't sign wilson by tuesday we will slap him with it. Plummer gets 660,000 in 2004, but 3.3 mil in 2005, 4.3 in 06, 5.3 in 07, 4.8 in 08 and 5.8 in 09. And unless you want to give up two #1 draft picks and pay wilson 5.5 mil you won't get him.

Leave a comment:

• dhall26
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Broncos seek ways to trim and bear it

How bad are off are you guys compared to the Chiefs. The Chiefs already have $72 million in signings. Unless we restructure some contracts, we're not going to be able sign anybody.

As far as I know, the Broncos are still over the cap, the Chiefs are still under.

That means you have a little wiggle room.

Things happen in the offseason. But until June 1 (traditionally when a lot of teams make salary cap cuts), it is going to be hard to see how much money is REALLY avalaible, if any.

Leave a comment:

• rascal
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Broncos seek ways to trim and bear it

How bad are off are you guys compared to the Chiefs. The Chiefs already have $72 million in signings. Unless we restructure some contracts, we're not going to be able sign anybody.
    at least you are under the cap. We're over and haven't signed anyone but Ferguson.

Leave a comment:

• dhall26
    replied
    Re: Re: Broncos seek ways to trim and bear it

Originally posted by Jared
    All good points.

I admire Eddie. I do. He's an A-town boy done good. But he need sto seriously think about what is career options are. How many teams are interested in an aging 2nd reciever coming off a very bad season marred by injury? Is it worth it to him to try the market and get cut, or does he wnat to finsih his career in Denver, and (hopefully) move in to coaching? Does he have a shot at getting a ring in Denver or with another team? I admit, I would hate to see him go, but if a team that needs a player like him to teach younger WR's to block (Philly comes to mind) and he thinks he can get one more ring, then I can't begrudge him.

I'd like to see Salaam stay, but Foster has to get in there at some point. So that's an interesting situation too.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Re: Broncos seek ways to trim and bear it

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
    Here is an article that outlines some ideas Ted Sundquist is working with to restructure our cap problems.

In general, He's looking at restructuring contracts with Ephraim Salaam, Ed McCaffrey, John Mobley, Matt Lepsis & possibly Trevor Pryce; all of whom are going to cost us big this year.

I don't envy his job... Even hinting that Eddie Mac may get released will likely cause one helluva uproar amongst the Broncos Faithful. I'd be willing to bet he's one of most respected members on the squad since Elway left. Then again.... Atwater was considered to be in the same vein and look what happened to him

Nuff said...
    All good points.

I admire Eddie. I do. He's an A-town boy done good. But he need sto seriously think about what is career options are. How many teams are interested in an aging 2nd reciever coming off a very bad season marred by injury? Is it worth it to him to try the market and get cut, or does he wnat to finsih his career in Denver, and (hopefully) move in to coaching? Does he have a shot at getting a ring in Denver or with another team? I admit, I would hate to see him go, but if a team that needs a player like him to teach younger WR's to block (Philly comes to mind) and he thinks he can get one more ring, then I can't begrudge him.

I'd like to see Salaam stay, but Foster has to get in there at some point. So that's an interesting situation too.

Leave a comment:

• NOLABroncofan
    started a topic Broncos seek ways to trim and bear it

Broncos seek ways to trim and bear it

Nuff said...
Working...
X