Feeling Good about KC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling Good about KC

I was nervous about this game until I really started to think about it.

We dominated KC earlier this year because of our Defensive line. Trevor was blowing people up. I think the same thing happens on Sunday.

Broncos 24
    KC 13
    "We the unwilling, led by the unqualified, have been doing so much for so long with so little, will now attempt the impossible with nothing"

Originally posted by Shrugging Galt
    I was nervous about this game until I really started to think about it.

We dominated KC earlier this year because of our Defensive line. Trevor was blowing people up. I think the same thing happens on Sunday.

Broncos 24
    KC 13
    We dominated them in Denver last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. . . . But that didn't stop them from beating us 45-17 now did it?

I don't think the Chefs have won a game in Denver during Mike Shanahan's tenure. Not that it's mattered when it comes time for the Broncos to go to KC.

Maybe it will be different this year. But domination in Denver means absolutely nothing.
    sigpic

Comment

Besides...

Roafe is healthy and Trevor won't have as good a game against him. I think that one of the other guys on the line is going to have to put pressure on consistantly and draw a double before Trevor will be able to be the factor he was last time.
      "I reject your reality and substitute my own"
      - Mythbusters

"Go America... Go Broncos"
      - Stan, South Park

I cheer for three teams EVERY WEEK! The Broncos and whoever is playing the Raiders and the Patriots.
      - Me

God Bless the United States of America!

Comment

I think that Willie Roaf and Welbourn didn't play in the monday nighter will make a big difference this week. With Roaf next to Waters they just collapse that side of the defensive line. Also I just think that this game is just too important to the CHIEFS, I mean if they win, they don't play a better team from hear on out. Not to say the teams aren't good, but none are better than the broncs. You can make arguement for sandiego but if they beat denver at home they should beat san diego at home, cincy probably will have their division locked by then and won't play their starters much and @giants and dallas are winnable sssoooooo.......

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
          We dominated them in Denver last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. . . . But that didn't stop them from beating us 45-17 now did it?

I don't think the Chefs have won a game in Denver during Mike Shanahan's tenure. Not that it's mattered when it comes time for the Broncos to go to KC.

Maybe it will be different this year. But domination in Denver means absolutely nothing.
          Not that it changes your arguement, but the Chefs have won in Denver since Shanny has been here.

When Gunther was the HC, Shanny was 0-4 against him. There may be others, but I know that one for sure.

Your point, however, is exactly right. What we have done here has had very little bearing on what we have done there.
          sigpic

Comment

The win in Dallas

gave this Broncos team confidence we can go into someone elses house and win a football game.

This is a rivalry game. All is tossed out the window. Past wins...past losses...it doesnt matter.

This is the CHIEFS. We always give each other fits. Blow out or close game...there's never a dull moment!

Ultimatley, that Dallas game was instrumental in shaping the rest of our season. I expect a good contest!

But I am a homerette...so...GO BRONCOS!!
            sigpic
            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
            -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel

I'm not trying to say becuase we dominated in Denver this year is the reason why we will dominate in KC.

I'm saying, Because of our NEW defensive line and how unstoppable they were against KC is the reason why they will win.
              "We the unwilling, led by the unqualified, have been doing so much for so long with so little, will now attempt the impossible with nothing"

Comment

Well, there's a very good chance that the Chiefs could beat us on Sunday, they have before afterall, but it seems like all of the games they've won have been won on the ground. Our pass rush might not always be spectacular, but our run defense has been really good all year. I don't see Johnson torching us the way he has the last two teams they've played.

119 yds on 31 carries against a beat up Patriots defense doesn't impress me. Neither does any amount of carries for any amount of yards against the Texans (if a team doesn't have a hundred yards on the ground against Huston, they weren't doing things right).

The Chief's have only won one game where they had less than a hundred yards on the ground (against the skins). If they can't run, their recievers aren't going to beat anyone.

If Johnson runs for 119 yds on us, then I'll be impressed, but I don't see it happening, just like I don't see the Chiefs winning on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by KyLewin
                  Well, there's a very good chance that the Chiefs could beat us on Sunday, they have before afterall, but it seems like all of the games they've won have been won on the ground. Our pass rush might not always be spectacular, but our run defense has been really good all year. I don't see Johnson torching us the way he has the last two teams they've played.

119 yds on 31 carries against a beat up Patriots defense doesn't impress me. Neither does any amount of carries for any amount of yards against the Texans (if a team doesn't have a hundred yards on the ground against Huston, they weren't doing things right).

The Chief's have only won one game where they had less than a hundred yards on the ground (against the skins). If they can't run, their recievers aren't going to beat anyone.

If Johnson runs for 119 yds on us, then I'll be impressed, but I don't see it happening, just like I don't see the Chiefs winning on Sunday.

I think Chiefs will run on you, they always have. With Roaf back and they way they are playing, LJ will have 100+ yards. Take this to the bank. It will be a great game. I can't wait. Goooooo Chiefs.

Comment

I feel this game could go either way, but I found it interesting last night to listen to what I think they call the Summit on Altitude, with Scott Hastings, Alfred Williams, Kyle Johnson and Nick Ferguson. Alfred kept repeating that he felt this would be a blowout in favor of the Broncos. Of course, Kyle and Nick's opinions were very neutral - which obviously is the way they need to go.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Denver has shut down quite a few big name RB's this year,so my hope is we can shut down kc's running game and fluster the crud out of their QB all day long..

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BoderVhi
                        I think Chiefs will run on you, they always have. With Roaf back and they way they are playing, LJ will have 100+ yards. Take this to the bank. It will be a great game. I can't wait. Goooooo Chiefs.
                        umm.... heres the rushing stats from the last game the cheifs played against denver
                        att. yds td's long
                        Holmes 14 61 0 16
                        Johnson 8 13 0 6

wouldnt appear that they ran on us at all. Yes yes, i know what you're going to say "but we didnt have roaf!!" The simple fact of the matter is, after the first half of the chargers game, NOBODY has run on us. Not LT, not holmes, not johnson, not F taylor, Not J jones, Not Jordon, not even curtis martin. The chiefs will be forced to beat us through the air and i just dont see that happening. We'll control the clock, we'll score early, you'll try to beat us through the air and we'll cause turnovers. End of game. Good luck though.

Comment

Let's get realistic for a second here is homefield advantage really that big of a deal to these guys?They're professional athletes that have won game both home and away. Now I'm not saying that things are even no doubt the hometeam has a slight advantage but let's take a look at exactly what those advantages are. First and foremost is the crowd,loud screaming fans pump players up and make it hard to hear play calling resulting in more false starts. Next would be the fact of travel, anyone who's played on a sports team whether it be hockey,football,soccer w/e will know that long drive or plane trip is tiring. As far as I'm concerned that's THE only things homefield advantage has for it. Now let's look at the advantages of playing away from home. First is less pressure, I know for a fact I use to prefer playing game away from home because you didn't have the home crowd on your ass for making mistakes and you want to piss the home crowd off as badly as possible so will play harder. We can't forget the fact that the Broncos have had an extra 3 days to prepare for this game and Mike Shanahan will have an ace up his sleeve you can count on it. Besides a few extra false starts and maybe some nervous adrenaline at the start of the game you'll see Denver get into a rythm and shut the Chiefs down. When our offence puts a few pts on the board the crowd will go quiet and then our team will be like a runaway truck going down a mountain that nobody can stop. Let's go Broncos!!!

Outcome-Broncos 30 Chiefs 17

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoCanuck
                            Let's get realistic for a second here is homefield advantage really that big of a deal to these guys?They're professional athletes that have won game both home and away. Now I'm not saying that things are even no doubt the hometeam has a slight advantage but let's take a look at exactly what those advantages are. First and foremost is the crowd,loud screaming fans pump players up and make it hard to hear play calling resulting in more false starts. Next would be the fact of travel, anyone who's played on a sports team whether it be hockey,football,soccer w/e will know that long drive or plane trip is tiring. As far as I'm concerned that's THE only things homefield advantage has for it. Now let's look at the advantages of playing away from home. First is less pressure, I know for a fact I use to prefer playing game away from home because you didn't have the home crowd on your ass for making mistakes and you want to piss the home crowd off as badly as possible so will play harder. We can't forget the fact that the Broncos have had an extra 3 days to prepare for this game and Mike Shanahan will have an ace up his sleeve you can count on it. Besides a few extra false starts and maybe some nervous adrenaline at the start of the game you'll see Denver get into a rythm and shut the Chiefs down. When our offence puts a few pts on the board the crowd will go quiet and then our team will be like a runaway truck going down a mountain that nobody can stop. Let's go Broncos!!!

Outcome-Broncos 30 Chiefs 17
                            Yes, what you say is true - however, the opening line favored Broncos by 1-1/2 and that is still where it is. Usually the home team gets 3 for the things you mentioned. Actually I was surprised to see the Broncos favored.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Originally posted by Shrugging Galt
                              I'm not trying to say becuase we dominated in Denver this year is the reason why we will dominate in KC.

I'm saying, Because of our NEW defensive line and how unstoppable they were against KC is the reason why they will win.
                              How many times does it have to be repeated. They were dominant against a KC offensive line that was without 10 time pro bowler Willie Roaf. When the Chiefs played the Patriots the Pats actually had a healthy Richard Seymour. With him on the field, the pats have one of the best D-lines in the league. The Chiefs shut them down for the most part.
                              "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                              X