Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even Woody Paige has his doubts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Even Woody Paige has his doubts

    "the cheifs will beat the broncos this week beacuse they dont lose in december at home" i believe we can break the streak
    sigpic
    DROY

    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

  • #2
    Originally posted by bronc_fan23
    "the cheifs will beat the broncos this week beacuse they dont lose in december at home" i believe we can break the streak

    I am watching the same show. I keep going back and forth we'll win by a field goal, then I think about it, in Arrowhead in Dec, and have my doubts. Is the Broncos mentally tough enough? The Woody homers are going to be upset about this. But then again he did say he would take Plummer over Green.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan
      But then again he did say he would take Plummer over Green.
      So would I.



      -----

      Comment


      • #4
        If the Broncos win this game, it will be an incredible boost towards the playoffs and the division title. Even if they lose this game they will be 12-3 when they go to San Diego for the last game of the regular season.

        Comment


        • #5
          It's not only just a question of are the Broncos tough enough. Sometimes a team just gets outplayed. The Chiefs very well could outplay the Broncos despite the Broncos giving their best efforts (and vice versa).
          "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

          It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree, KMart . . .

            Originally posted by kmartin575
            It's not only just a question of are the Broncos tough enough. Sometimes a team just gets outplayed. The Chiefs very well could outplay the Broncos despite the Broncos giving their best efforts (and vice versa).
            I believe it is consensus that Denver overall has better personnel.
            However, the team with better personnel often gets outplayed in a game.

            And this is taking place at Arrowhead.

            -----

            Comment


            • #7
              HOPEFULLY THEY WILL PULL IT OFF. KEEP IN MIND THAT PLAYING AT KC IS ALMOST LIKE PLAYING AT IND. (ATMOSPHERE WISE) IT WILL BE TOUGH BUT I THINK THE BRONCOS GOT IT

              Comment


              • #8
                it's not like the chiefs turn into superman unbeatable superchampionship team in december. i bet the colts could beat the chiefs in december. if we DO win, it will make me believe we can beat indy in indy. if we DON'T win, then it's a major sign that we won't be able to beat indy. this is a game we SHOULD be able to win no matter where it is if we seriously expect to get to the superbowl

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kmartin575
                  It's not only just a question of are the Broncos tough enough. Sometimes a team just gets outplayed. The Chiefs very well could outplay the Broncos despite the Broncos giving their best efforts (and vice versa).

                  No doubt they can kick the Chiefs around. But are they mentally strong enough to handle the pressure of the Arrowhead in Dec mystic. You know in the back of their minds, they're thinking it's Dec and no one really wins in Arrowhead. At the beginning of the week most anaylist were with Den now they're changing their picks. I don't really follow what they say. This long layoff has been good for the health but thinking of this game for 10 days is a long time. It does weigh on a person especially on Plummer being the leader of the team (in no way am I bashing Plummer simply stating he's the leader). I still think the Broncos special teams will be the difference in this game contain Dante Hall, he seems to have good games against them there. Who knows we'll find out Sunday!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I believe Denver has the better team this year, I'm sure many Chiefs fans would agree. However, this series splits almost every time. Win or lose, I still think we are the best team in the division.
                    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

                    Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

                    America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

                    Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan
                      No doubt they can kick the Chiefs around. But are they mentally strong enough to handle the pressure of the Arrowhead in Dec mystic. You know in the back of their minds, they're thinking it's Dec and no one really wins in Arrowhead. At the beginning of the week most anaylist were with Den now they're changing their picks. I don't really follow what they say. This long layoff has been good for the health but thinking of this game for 10 days is a long time. It does weigh on a person especially on Plummer being the leader of the team (in no way am I bashing Plummer simply stating he's the leader). I still think the Broncos special teams will be the difference in this game contain Dante Hall, he seems to have good games against them there. Who knows we'll find out Sunday!
                      The road win against the Cowboys in a hostile crowd, on a short week, and not bringing our A game will go a long way in the mental toughness of the Broncos.

                      I'd be thinking "Heck, we beat Dallas IN Dallas. We never gave up. We had 4 days rest, came in and WON. We kicked the Chefs butts last time. I could give a rats...uh....behind about some stupid streak....."
                      sigpic
                      Adopted by: Peanut

                      "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                      -Sean Payton

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kmartin575
                        It's not only just a question of are the Broncos tough enough. Sometimes a team just gets outplayed. The Chiefs very well could outplay the Broncos despite the Broncos giving their best efforts (and vice versa).
                        outplay? no. If the broncos lose, its going to be because they either lost the game themselves or played down to KC's level and got sloppy.

                        No one can outplay Denver right now. No one.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BroncFanIN
                          The road win against the Cowboys in a hostile crowd, on a short week, and not bringing our A game will go a long way in the mental toughness of the Broncos.

                          I'd be thinking "Heck, we beat Dallas IN Dallas. We never gave up. We had 4 days rest, came in and WON. We kicked the Chefs butts last time. I could give a rats...uh....behind about some stupid streak....."
                          That's was pretty well what I was going to say...............

                          We had all the disadvantages going into the Cowboys game, I thought that theh Cowboys D had a superb game against us, yet we still found a way to win, and as we've done all season it was a different player that stepped up and made the difference .

                          As with the Cowboys game, the Chargers at home, Ian Gold's 2point conversion stop, I honestly think this game will come down to one or two BIG plays............a crucial turnover, a big run, a kick return something along those lines...........the only question in my mind is who's turn is it to make THAT PLAY..............the way we've played so far would suggest it could be who we least expect
                          The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

                          Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                          BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                          You'll Never Walk Alone




                          Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

                          You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

                          Maybe Slowick should pay attention

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SM19
                            Don't have the time right now to do the analysis myself, but I'd like to see the teams' comparative records in those thirteen December games at Arrowhead. It may well be that most of the Chiefs' wins came in years when they were already better than the Broncos (homefield advantage irrelevant) or when both teams were at about the same talent level (normal homefield advantage).

                            On the other hand, I know that the one win was in 1998, when the Broncos were unquestionably superior to the Chiefs and still only won by four points.
                            It shouldn't be too hard to figure that out if the Broncos have only beaten the Chiefs once in KC in December. I think it's safe to say that Denver was the superior team in all of their super bowl years.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by skisupreme4
                              It shouldn't be too hard to figure that out if the Broncos have only beaten the Chiefs once in KC in December. I think it's safe to say that Denver was the superior team in all of their super bowl years.
                              i believe only one win in december under shanny?
                              sigpic
                              DROY

                              Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X