Even Woody Paige has his doubts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaronheeb
    outplay? no. If the broncos lose, its going to be because they either lost the game themselves or played down to KC's level and got sloppy.

No one can outplay Denver right now. No one.

I'd be willing to bet the Colts can....
    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
      Don't have the time right now to do the analysis myself, but I'd like to see the teams' comparative records in those thirteen December games at Arrowhead. It may well be that most of the Chiefs' wins came in years when they were already better than the Broncos (homefield advantage irrelevant) or when both teams were at about the same talent level (normal homefield advantage).

On the other hand, I know that the one win was in 1998, when the Broncos were unquestionably superior to the Chiefs and still only won by four points.

look at last years game....
      Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

outplay? no. If the broncos lose, its going to be because they either lost the game themselves or played down to KC's level and got sloppy.

No one can outplay Denver right now. No one.

so I guess theres no such thing as KC beating Denver this year in reference to your quote.
        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Woody is a geezer, I dont blame him. Mr screwloose obviously has lost a screw. He is such a Manning B$#ch I can't believe it. Manning is this, Manning is that. I know Manning is by far the best QB in the league, and probably the most impressive since Elway left, but Woody is so biased to him, It makes me sick.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
            It's not only just a question of are the Broncos tough enough. Sometimes a team just gets outplayed. The Chiefs very well could outplay the Broncos despite the Broncos giving their best efforts (and vice versa).
            I don't think the Broncos have the problem of being mentally tough. They did beat the Cowboys this year with just three days to get ready. Also, most of our wins have been close games so this team does know how hang tough even when things look bad.
            TXBRONC
            Captain
            Last edited by TXBRONC; 12-02-2005, 07:11 PM.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Broncos do hang tough and they put the game away with a big lead by scoring more which is nice, I hate heart attack inducing games.
              Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                so I guess theres no such thing as KC beating Denver this year in reference to your quote.
                No... like i said, unless Denver beats themselves or Hall runs three back with 24 clipping penalties that go unseen by the refs then there is no way KC is taking this game.

Comment

No... like i said, unless Denver beats themselves or Hall runs three back with 24 clipping penalties that go unseen by the refs then there is no way KC is taking this game.
                  Wow.. really? thats the only way we lose this game??? I like confidence, buuut......

Comment

Originally posted by bronc_fan23
                    "the cheifs will beat the broncos this week beacuse they dont lose in december at home" i believe we can break the streak
                    Well, let's consider this: If we don't feel we can go with this team into Arrowhead and win in December, why would we feel we can go into Indianapollis in January and win there?

We have all season done things that haven't been done before. The Eagles were undefeated in games when Terrell Owens caught a touchdown pass. Not when they played the Broncos. Jake Plummer had never gone more than three games without throwing an interception. Not this season.

If we really feel this team is special, then we understand that if THEY believe in themselves, and play to the level they are capable, they can win in Arrowhead against the Chefs.
                    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

He said that he'd take Plummer over Green.

Oh it was awesome.

Woody was like, "When the going gets tough, Trent can't do it, he hasn't even won a playoff game."

The other guy was like, "How many did Plummer win?"

Woodrow says, "One, with the Arizona Cardinals, that counts as a Super Bowl Win."

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                      2. Taxes
                      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Well . . .

Originally posted by SM19
                        Don't have the time right now to do the analysis myself, but I'd like to see the teams' comparative records in those thirteen December games at Arrowhead. It may well be that most of the Chiefs' wins came in years when they were already better than the Broncos (homefield advantage irrelevant) or when both teams were at about the same talent level (normal homefield advantage).

On the other hand, I know that the one win was in 1998, when the Broncos were unquestionably superior to the Chiefs and still only won by four points.
                        Here is the rundown on the respective records over the years:

............DENVER......KANSAS CITY

1995........8-8............13-3
                        1996........13-3...........9-7
                        1997........12-4...........13-3
                        1998........14-2...........9-7
                        1999........6-10...........9-7
                        2000........11-5...........7-9
                        2001........8-8.............6-10
                        2002........9-7.............8-8
                        2003........10-6...........13-3
                        2004........10-6...........7-9

As you can see, by the W-L records the Chiefs have had a "superior" team in only four out of the 10 years in question, putting your hypothesis to rest. During that time, as you mentioned, Denver won one (1) game in KC, the postseason game of January 1998, when, according to the respective W-L records during the regular season, the Broncos were not "clearly" superior.

The better team does not always win at Arrowhead. The Chiefs usually do.

-----
                        topscribe
                        RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                        Last edited by topscribe; 12-02-2005, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16

Oh it was awesome.

Woody was like, "When the going gets tough, Trent can't do it, he hasn't even won a playoff game."

Woodrow says, "One, with the Arizona Cardinals, that counts as a Super Bowl Win."

i belive woody said..."Trent Green is a loser" also
                          sigpic
                          DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16

Oh it was awesome.

LMAO

See this is the sort of thing that I never get to see or hear.............Keep 'em coming guys
                            The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                            BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                            You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

nice...

Comment

denver had 10 days to put a game plan up ... we all know when shanny gets a few extra days to plan this could be scary .. and i also think it was a good thing for the broncos to get some R and R ... i hope darrent watched a ton of game film again this week
                                The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                                While he sits by his hearth at home.
                                Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                                That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X