Mike Anderson gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Anderson gone?

Thats what the Rocky Mountain News is reporting this morning.

"Broncos' Anderson wants out
    By Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News
    February 23, 2004

Running back Mike Anderson, the 2000 NFL Rookie of the Year, has requested his release from the Denver Broncos after the team proposed cutting his salary to the veteran minimum with incentives in order to create salary-cap room, the player's agent said Sunday.

David Canter, hired last week by Anderson, met with Broncos general manager Ted Sundquist on Saturday night. The session came after Anderson met several days earlier in Denver with coach Mike Shanahan, who presented Anderson with his options.

The Broncos are looking to pare at least $4.2 million off their salary cap before March 3 to conform with league guidelines but need more wiggle room financially for free agency and the draft. Releasing Anderson would wipe his scheduled $1.755 million base salary off the books and save $1.255 million in cap room. An incentive-based contract with a $535,000 veteran minimum salary would almost duplicate that savings.

That proposal officially has not been presented, though, only discussed, according to Canter.

"We're willing to listen to any situation. It's not dead in the water," he said. But Anderson would rather test free agency than accept any significant contract revision. "

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
    Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.
    Quick: Yes, thats the last ass whipping I recall. And I'm looking for him.

that... really sucks.

Ed McCaffrey: A good blocker, a great receiver. You will be missed.

Comment

Hmmmmmm..................

Anderson is a straight ahead runner.

Gibbs likes power running.

Why not trade ANDERSON for Bailey instead?

Just a thought.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

not mike anderson too! damn, i guess we can afford that loss though, as long as we get droughns back.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared

Just a thought.
          maybe have to throw in somebody else, but not a bad idea.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared

That's a thought - I hadn't considered that option before.

Just a thought.

Comment

Sorry Jared, I don't know WHAT went wrong with my post. I *MEANT* to just put my "I hadn't considered that option" at the end, rather than in the middle of what I quoted. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                maybe have to throw in somebody else, but not a bad idea.
                Ok....since we KNOW Shanny doesn't trust O'neal, what about him?

DO you think that is a win-win trade?

I think so.

Mind you, I am saying this off the cuff, with no knowledge of salary figures for each player toward the cap. That is important.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

Gee, if Portis and Anderson are both gone, Kanell might end up as your Running Back!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHIEFS!!!!!!!
                  [QUOTE]
                  If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                    Gee, if Portis and Anderson are both gone, Kanell might end up as your Running Back!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHIEFS!!!!!!!
                    You're nuts, Dingle.

Comment

Personnally the one thing I did like about the XFL was every player got paid the same amount of money.

I would change the formula for the NFL where the starters got paid more to make things more competitive. Starters would make up to 1.5 million (if they started all 16 weeks of the regular season) and non-starters would make no less than 750,000 (over 16 weeks). Every week your pay would be determined wether or not you started that week.

So the offensive and defensive starting 22 would make $93,750 the week they started (during 16 game regular season) and non-starters would make $46,875 a week (during 16 game regular season).

Comment

Droughns is the man...i think he would be a key starter for Denver.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Reuben Droughns was a helluva running back in college, and was coming off of a 1200 yard season when he got hurt. If Anderson doesn't wanna be a BRONCO, let him go. He can't catch and when he does run the ball, he fumbles it away. Droughns could replace him very well, and Droughns has the hunger for the game and to win.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                            Trade Deltha O' Neal for Dante Hall.

Comment

Haha...we don't want that one dimesional squirt.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Working...
                              X