X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warhank
    replied
    on defense

i think the key thing here is not that defense wins championships, but that great defenses and solid, ball-control offenses win championships.

the past couple of years, the superbowl teams have had great denfenses, but more importantly, the ability to pound the ball if need be (ie. alstott and antoine smith). does anyone really think that broncos could win a snowy january game in foxboro with freaking quentin griffin? ted washington's thigh weighs more than that guy.

seriously, how well can the offense be expected to perform without a move-the-chains kind of back? do we really want plummer throwing it 45 times a game? if thats the case, bailey is useless, because no one is going to throw when they are AHEAD BY FOUR TOUCHDOWNS.

Leave a comment:

• HoustonBronco
    replied
    Defense wins championship

TexBroncoFan I agree with you that the Bucs and Ravens had outstanding defensive teams that won championships. But I wouldn't lump the Patriots in with that group. Heck, the Pats gave up 26 points to Kanell and 29 points to the Panthers.

I think you need a good defensive team to win, but not a great one. And lets make one thing perfectly clear to everyone on this board, Champ Bailey does not make this team a great defensive team. We had a good defensive team this year until all the injuries caught up with us. We should give this defensive team a chance to show what it can do when its healthy before we decide to sacrifice one of the best running backs in the game.

Leave a comment:

• dhall26
    replied
    Originally posted by portisistheman
    Probably not as hard as the 5 TD's your defense is still choking on.
    Clinton had to get them somewhere didn't he? He can't get them anywhere else!

Leave a comment:

• portisistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by dhall26
    What's the matter, was that one hard to swallow?
    Probably not as hard as the 5 TD's your defense is still choking on.

Leave a comment:

• dhall26
    replied
    What do the Patriots have to do with the Priest?

It is apparent that I got you on that one.

In my best attempt at crediting my fellow Bronco fan bcollin...

So how pathetic is it, that you have to use ANOTHER team's success, (not the Chefs), as your ammunution against us?
    What's the matter, was that one hard to swallow?

Leave a comment:

• portisistheman
    replied
    Only 1, isn't that the same number of Rushing Td's Portie had against the Patriots or was that 0?
    What do the Patriots have to do with the Priest?

It is apparent that I got you on that one.

In my best attempt at crediting my fellow Bronco fan bcollin...

So how pathetic is it, that you have to use ANOTHER team's success, (not the Chefs), as your ammunution against us?

Leave a comment:

• dhall26
    replied
    Against us?

Only 1, isn't that the same number of Rushing Td's Portie had against the Patriots or was that 0?

Leave a comment:

• portisistheman
    replied
    Yes, and he came back and rushed for how many TD'S?
    Against us?

Leave a comment:

• dhall26
    replied
    So.

Last time I checked, we sent him to the Betty Ford Hip Replacement Clinic.
    Yes, and he came back and rushed for how many TD'S?

Leave a comment:

• Krugan
    replied
    * Sigh*

This hasnt happened yet, and CP is not our only chance of getting anywhere in the NFL. How many 1000+ rushers has Denver put out. CP is for ever gonna be the guy that puts me first, if thats what you people want in your saviour than so be it, me personaly i say hit the bricks, lets plug in our next 1000+ guy and keep on keepin on.

Leave a comment:

• portisistheman
    replied
    and we'll still have PRIEST!!!
    So.

Last time I checked, we sent him to the Betty Ford Hip Replacement Clinic.

Leave a comment:

• dhall26
    replied
    Ya but they will still have LT...we will have...QG?

Hey don't they keep wine in the cellar?

and we'll still have PRIEST!!!

Leave a comment:

• portisistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by TxBroncoFan

You are right, without a running game (Portis in particular), we're competing with San Diego for bottom of the AFC West.
    Ya but they will still have LT...we will have...QG?

Hey don't they keep wine in the cellar?

Leave a comment:

• TxBroncoFan
    replied
    HoustonBronco...my fellow Texan Bronco brother -

With the exception of the Rams, there has not been on offensive SB team SINCE the Broncos - every team has been defensively superior that has won it:

The Ravens
    The Bucs
    The Pats (twice)

So Defense does in fact win championships. BUT! ONE PLAYER DOES NOT MAKE A DEFENSE!!

And you certainly don't give away a top-three RB for a defensive player - period.

You are right, without a running game (Portis in particular), we're competing with San Diego for bottom of the AFC West.

Leave a comment:

• klb83
    replied
    bad news bears i mean broncos

Leave a comment:

Working...
X