Portis trade thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portis trade thread

Ok, i know we've been discussing this for a while, but accourding to the news, 8 teams are talking to the 'skins about a trade. First of all, what is he worth (realistically), what he's going to get, and could we afford him, or do we actually really need to go after him?

Re: Champ Bailey -- yay, or nay?

Originally posted by bustemindamouth
    Ok, i know we've been discussing this for a while, but accourding to the news, 8 teams are talking to the 'skins about a trade. First of all, what is he worth (realistically), what he's going to get, and could we afford him, or do we actually really need to go after him?
    we can't afford him although it would be nice if we could.
    sigpic

Comment

ok ok

i am one that has been stressing for a stud DB especially in the caliber of champ bailey but we don't give up a 1 and 2 pick for him.
      i think he's great don't get me wrong but not for a first round and second round pick.
      Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Forget about it,
        We can't afford him.
        We can barely afford our own guys.
        But yes, he IS worth a 1st and 2nd round pick IF you have the 24th pick per round like we do.
        Champ is the best DB in the league, he's been to 4 probowls and he's only 25. He has a bright future where ever he goes.

Comment

Hes nasty

Yea he is one of the best DB's in the league but you guys won't be getting him espically with all those money problems.
          CUTBACK!!!

Comment

OK! So why not trade draft picks for him? I believe its been agreed on this board that Denver could use some help in the D backfield, and that money is tight.
            Why not put that money that would have been given to a 1st rounder into a bona fide, tried/true DB? Denver could trade their #1 and a player (RB?) to Washington. Hell, maybe Gibbs would like to have Gardner???
            IMO, it could be a wash - IF Denver can rework contracts and sign their FA's.

...how 'bout them cookies???
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

if washington takes it, we should give them our 1st and 2nd draft picks(as many pick as they want actually) we need a CB and we DONT need this year's draft at all, EXCEPT to improve DB immediately, which champ bailey does way better than some rookie i dont care who he is. that would be a sweet deal, cause bailey would take a pay cut to be on a better team and he is all we would need to be a sure strong playoff team.

we could give them gardener and oneal and 1st and 2nd draft picks, not bad on thier side either.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Read Sean Taylor Lava:

www.NFL.com

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                  Read Sean Taylor Lava:

www.NFL.com
                  forget about sean taylor we are talking about champ bailey! he is better than taylor taylor would be a rookie he couldnt come in and immediately be a probowler like bailey! we dont even need thei draft we are set at every position, we should get bailey as the star in the DB and we can worry about d4eveloping rookies with our lower draft picks or next years picks......when we still have bailey!
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

even if we give them a 1 & 2....how could we afford his signing bonus? the only scenario would be if we can't sign 56, then we may have some wiggle room...

Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor are available as well, they are both big cover corners and proven vets...

Comment

even if we give them a 1 & 2....how could we afford his signing bonus? the only scenario would be if we can't sign 56, then we may have some wiggle room...

Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor are available as well, they are both big cover corners and proven vets...
                      vincent and taylor are older and got straight BURNED in the all star game, he was trying to keep up and got shook by mason real bad. anyway, champ's is a free agent, so he decides what he wants his signing bonus to be, he is already rich so i doubt he will ask for a richer signing bonus once he learns our team problems with the cap

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

...but did you see them play this year?
                        When they DID play, they looked old and slow. Why spend the bucks on old "proven vets" when you could possibly get a young "proven vet"?
                        I agree w/lava. Denver hasn't had the propensity lately to go for the gusto, but this could really be big.
                        Champ on one side and Walls on the other. (goosebumps)
                        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                          ...but did you see them play this year?
                          When they DID play, they looked old and slow. Why spend the bucks on old "proven vets" when you could possibly get a young "proven vet"?
                          I agree w/lava. Denver hasn't had the propensity lately to go for the gusto, but this could really be big.
                          Champ on one side and Walls on the other. (goosebumps)
                          yah and plus, his name is so cool, his last name is bailey(like mine) and his first name is champ, i mean c'mon!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

ok guys, listen to this...have someone OTHER than Shanny make the decision ont a CB in the first round( his luck is not very good to say the least)...it is possible to get an excellent corner in the draft who can start and contribute right away. Look at Tillman from Chicago, he's gonna be a Pro Bowler for years to come, and remeember that jumped ball that he snatched away from Moss in the end-zone, that was just about the best single play from a CB all of last season and he was a 2nd rounder...

Comment

Lava, its up to you, man!
                              Start a petition! Right NOW!
                              Or better yet, call Mike. Tell him we are agreed.

Champ, Champ, Champ, Champ,.....

Ah hell, who am I kidding? They'll just draft another fricking "best player available" that nobody has heard of.
                              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X