No announcement yet.

Portis trade thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's almost like his wife is saying (if that is his wife!?) "Honey, I love it here, don't you? Can we stay, PLEASE??"

Comment

• Originally posted by cooperkayd
      It's almost like his wife is saying (if that is his wife!?) "Honey, I love it here, don't you? Can we stay, PLEASE??"
      I thought that girl was saying "Why does that guy behind you keep asking for nachos with no chips and extra cheese?"
      Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

• Portis may not right now be one of the greatest backs ever, but I mean his future looks VERY excellent if he stays in Denver, but it dosent look like he well, sad sad day, Im pissed off =/
        Coming to a stadium near you....

The Man with the Golden Jockstrap

LETS GET CLARETT he will be a god one day

Comment

• Originally posted by Mahmoud Abdul
          Well its not like the guys is making poverty levels of income. Do you not see how this could be extremely harmful to the organization if they let him renegotiate this early and the way he has gone about it? That’s all I am saying, I think he, not the Broncos have been the one to handle this thing entirely the wrong way. Also its not like he just started *****ing about his contract either, he started at the end of his rookie season. I think that is nuts if you ask me. Ask yourself if you owned business or organization like the Broncos would you be willing to through out one of your organizations key fundamentals for the sake of one person. Then whats to stop anybody else who thinks he or she is under paid from doing the same thing?
          Agreed...It drives me insane how overpaid football or any sports player is paid...oh no I'm only making 350,000 a year...you know how insane that sounds...
          fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Portis
            Portis may not right now be one of the greatest backs ever, but I mean his future looks VERY excellent if he stays in Denver, but it dosent look like he well, sad sad day, Im pissed off =/
            yeah and so did Terrells, Olandis's, and Mike's career...people want money and if we're not willing to pay them..SNAP..replaced
            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

• shes hot
              Coming to a stadium near you....

The Man with the Golden Jockstrap

LETS GET CLARETT he will be a god one day

Comment

• Teammates

I think that the skins are planning to reunite former teamates in Portis and Kellen Winslow putting the Miami dynasty team together in a skins uniform...could be dangerous. Meanwhile the broncos are putting together a team solely based on Defense? Trying to remake the Orange Crush? Times are strange in the NFL and definetly in Denver

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Portis
                  shes hot
                  ahhh..to be a wealthy pro athlete!!

Comment

• Re: Re: are they nuts?

Originally posted by tahuya man
                    You can't credibly call a player one of the all time greats after two seasons. The broncos won't be able to pay him what he wants and still field a competetive team. I predict that Portis will bounce around the leauge for a few seasons for that very same reason.
                    I agree. though i believe portis will have some hefty numbers before he leaves the game but he has to get to that point first and right now he's not the greatest RB ever and he's not even the best in the league, ladamian tomalison and duece are better but not by too much. i think CP is the man but not the greatest not yet any way.
                    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• It doesn't matter what we do on offense run or pass Shanhan knows what he is doing I think he has a plan for the draft with that pick Washington is giving us he will use it to trade up and get Steven Jackson out of Oregon State 6'3" 230 pounds of all RB he is more of a Shanahan type back powerhorse who can handle 30+ carries a game look out we aregoing to the Super Bowl
                      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

• Re: are they nuts?

Originally posted by marvinj
                        WHAT ARE THE BRONCOS THINKING?IF THEY LEY CP GO THEY WILL HAVE LET GO ONE OF THE ALL TIME GREATEST RB'S TO PLAY THE GAME..PAY HIM WHAT HE WANTS AND MAKE HIM A BRONCO FOR THE REST OF HIS CAREER...
                        Hell no Shanahan doesn't take crap for cry babies who do not care about the team first
                        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

• Originally posted by bustemindamouth
                          ahhh..to be a wealthy pro athlete!!
                          Yeah, even Beerfart Romanowski's made out with a few fine ones!
                          [QUOTE]
                          If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

• Shanahan is sweet... even tho he is standing in a luxury box at a sweet hoops game, you can tell the only thing on his mind is football.

beerfart romo... ha

Comment

• Obstacle gone in Portis-Bailey trade

An obstacle to the pending blockbuster Broncos deal was removed Wednesday, when Washington director of player personnel Vinny Cerrato said the Redskins do not need a new contract in place with Clinton Portis before they complete a trade with Denver. The Broncos, however, will need one with Washington cornerback Champ Bailey, who spent Wednesday in Denver visiting with team officials
                              Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

• Making the assumption that without Portis that all of sudden that Denver's passing yards will rise is not accurate. Denver's passing game is predicated on a strong running game. In other words, Shanahan prefers play action in the passing game because it influences defenses to respect the run. That being said the passing game should be better anyway because Plummer will better acquainted with the offense even if Portis were to remain with the Broncos.

Assuming this trade goes through Shanahan will find someone who can be the main back, whether that is Galloway, or Griffin or someone from the draft. Keep in mind that Galloway is being sent to NFL Europe to get reps maybe Mike had/has in mind that Galloway might be battling to be a starter this next season. He is after all more in the mold of previous running backs who have had success in Denver (i.e. Davis, Gary, and Anderson).
                                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                                X