No announcement yet.

Time for Shanny to go???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portis is definately not our whole offense. Hes a huge piece and i love him as a player he definetly is one of the best for only being his second year but hes not our whole offense. What makes me mad the most about the nfl is all these players who demand so much money that its ridiculous and then most of the offensive lineman get screwed. Or any other player for that matter that plays their butts off on special teams or as a backup and they run the same risk of getting seriously injured as any other player. Granted their not starters for a reason if their backups so they dont deserve as much money but some still deserve more than they make and they dont ***** about it. Lol that really doesn't have anything to do with anything but i had to vent for a minute about all the to's in the league who want a 20 million dollar signing bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan303
      well dhall speaks the truth, I like that about him...he doesn't speak as a complete homer like some people around here, he says Elway should be a hall of famer, which is true, Portis isn't great, which is also true...and FINALLY a chief fan and a bronco fan can agree on something...geezz bitter Portis fans, you all were p'oed when Gary left weren't you and when Anderson was converted to FB..I bet all you were po'ed when they said that Portis would start in 2002 as a rookie....face it, nothing goes the way you want it..
      I was pleased as punch when Portis started and Anderson was converted to FB. I watched Portis in college and I believed he'd be an amazing talent then. Little did I know that he'd go to my home team the Broncos. After watching Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary, I wasn't that impressed. Gary's season was not that great. Anderson had a great rookie campaign, but one year does not mean jackcrap unless you back it up with another good year, which CP has one. A monkey with a helmet can run for 1,000 yards in the NFL now, it's not a great accomplishment anymore. Now, 15 TD's and 5.5 YPC in a two year span, that's a great accomplishment by a great player. You will all see, if Portis goes then this team will be mediocre again and back in a rebuilding phase. I don't want it to be that way, but it's going to be.

Comment

Re: Re: Time for Shanny to go???

Originally posted by rush_limbaughII
        And get whom in his place?
        Steve Spurrier?
        NO BILL CALLAHAN DUHH MAYBE WE WON'T BE THE STUPIDEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE LOL!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thehoot79
          I was pleased as punch when Portis started and Anderson was converted to FB. I watched Portis in college and I believed he'd be an amazing talent then. Little did I know that he'd go to my home team the Broncos. After watching Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary, I wasn't that impressed. Gary's season was not that great. Anderson had a great rookie campaign, but one year does not mean jackcrap unless you back it up with another good year, which CP has one. A monkey with a helmet can run for 1,000 yards in the NFL now, it's not a great accomplishment anymore. Now, 15 TD's and 5.5 YPC in a two year span, that's a great accomplishment by a great player. You will all see, if Portis goes then this team will be mediocre again and back in a rebuilding phase. I don't want it to be that way, but it's going to be.
          you might be right...however is that why teams like Arizona, Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, etc.... can't seem to get one player over 1,000 yards, I still think it's somewhat of a feat, however, teams like that would kill to be in our Running situation..
          fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Time for Shanny to go???

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
            NO BILL CALLAHAN DUHH MAYBE WE WON'T BE THE STUPIDEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE LOL!!!
            HAHA...no no NEBRASKA is gonna be the STUPIDEST TEAM now..
            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Shanny's a Hypocrite

Shanny expects players like Portis to honor a contract they were pressured into as a rookie with no money, but is eager to dis-honor contracts to folks like Mike Anderson who has been a team player and solid contributer. (suspension withstanding)

The salary cap "games" force some dishonesty in contract structures, like years a player will never play.

Sometimes this cut-throat management style will work for a while, but it cuts the trust player have with coaches. Wilson worked for the past three years as a Pro-Bowl anchor of the defense making barely over 1 million a year. He feels he is due and I don't blame him for playing cut-throat in his negotiations.

Regardless of Shannahan's skill as a coach or GM, his hardball playing with the money as GM has to hurt his ability to coach.

I'd say strip Shanny of the GM job and bring someone else to play hardball. You can fire a GM if the players feel cheated, but you can't just change out the whole coaching system.

Ethically, I'd say you have to pay your best ten players well and let everyone know that you will reward good performance.

If players feel cheated, will they go the extra mile? I think Portis was not able to play the games he missed, but would you go out there and risk injury if you have to focus on staying healthy long enough to score the big free agent money?

People blame the Bronco's recent slide on Greise, but if you were AW what did you think about Greise's 13mil? signing bonus. Shanny lost the team that year, not Greise.

I'm a Bronco's fan, but Shanny as GM, paying out to "favorites" is a recipe for disaster.

Comment

I can't argue with that. Shanny seems to have a cob up his A$$ here lately doesn't he? And the Patriot players thought Belicheck was bad.

Comment

it comes down to business over friendship and loyalty, i dont like it but he has to do what he thinks is best for the team. he is not the Gm anyway he just has a hand in.
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                  X