Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a great O-line?

Hi,
    Skins seem to have very talanted players at the line, I assume it was it was SOS's coaching style that was to blame for PR getting as beat up as he did. Bronco's have had legendary O-lines over the years; what is the secret?

I expect protection not to be a problem in Joe's scheme, which makes for I believe that a great offensive line is the product of great coaching, rather than great lineman. Am I correct in assuming this? Is a great line the product of both great lineman as well as great coaching. What is it?
    Last edited by Jagsbch; 02-23-2004, 02:22 PM.

it all depends...Denver is getting away with having OL's under 300 pounds or less, and having them able to move around creating huge holes...on the other hand, KC has used size, they have huge OL's that create holes for Holmes...like it said, it all depends..
    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Modeling it after the CHIEFS makes a great O Line, Casey, JT, Will Shields and Roaf!! The best in the NFL!
      [QUOTE]
      If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
        Modeling it after the CHIEFS makes a great O Line, Casey, JT, Will Shields and Roaf!! The best in the NFL!
        close to the best ...Nalen, Lepsis, Salaam, Hamilton, and in 2004 Foster...
        fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan303
          close to the best ...Nalen, Lepsis, Salaam, Hamilton, and in 2004 Foster...
          No Neil? He has been a constant resident of that line for a while.
          Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

They do??

They do I didn't notice it I just thought Clinton Portis made it look good.
            CUTBACK!!!

Comment

Re: They do??

Originally posted by Africangod
              They do I didn't notice it I just thought Clinton Portis made it look good.
              That relationship is a symbiotic one. You need to wake up if you don't know about the excellent Bronco o-line.
              Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Re: Re: They do??

Originally posted by broncosbeast
                That relationship is a symbiotic one. You need to wake up if you don't know about the excellent Bronco o-line.

They never talk about it down here the only o-line they talk about alot over here is the Chiefs O-line.
                CUTBACK!!!

Comment

Both are good. They just use differend premises.

Comment

The Broncos model their O-line after the Chiefs? What the what the what?

Comment

Originally posted by Jagsbch
                      The Broncos model their O-line after the Chiefs? What the what the what?
                      No completely two different styles but they work..Denver is about quickness, KC is all about size..both effective..

Comment

Working...
                      X