Tie breaker question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tie breaker question?

Hopefully it does not get to this... but If the Chargers beat us on the last game and we both end up 12 and 4, who wins the tie breaker??
    Sig by Snk16

Depends on who has the best divisional record...then after that it's conference record, after that................................

Thanks Snk

Comment

If SD wins tonight, Denver and SD will have the same division and conference records. If Denver and SD then both have the same record over the next three games and SD wins the last game, then SD would win the AFC West.
      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NOR*CAL BRONCO
        Hopefully it does not get to this... but If the Chargers beat us on the last game and we both end up 12 and 4, who wins the tie breaker??
        By the way, just noticed your sig. Thought I was the only Bronco and Mets fan. Go Orange and Blue!!!
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I'm a Bronos and Mets fan also.
          Looking forward to wathing Delgado bat leanup next year
          Don't Dream It Be It !

Denver Broncos on to Super Bowl XL

Tony Dungy, You and your family are in our prayers. My sincerest condolences

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
            If SD wins tonight, Denver and SD will have the same division and conference records. If Denver and SD then both have the same record over the next three games and SD wins the last game, then SD would win the AFC West.

Hey tnedator if diego wins we will still have a one game lead in the division. Yah gotta love what the Mets are doin and it looks like they just made a trade for lo duca not sure about that one
            Sig by Snk16

Comment

We'll need to pull for the Chiefs to beat the Chargers in a couple weeks. I think the Chiefs won't make really vie for the West because of their extremely tough schedule. But they could do use a favor and beat the Chargers to help us win the tie-breaker.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

yep if san diego wins all their remaining games they will be the AFc West champions

Comment

Originally posted by NOR*CAL BRONCO
                  Hey tnedator if diego wins we will still have a one game lead in the division. Yah gotta love what the Mets are doin and it looks like they just made a trade for lo duca not sure about that one
                  Hadn't seen anything about loduca, gonna have to check that out. Last I heard Hernadez and Benjie Gill were the likely catchers. Might have given up too much for Delgado, but I am going to love seeing what he can do in the lineup. Just hope they don't trade Floyd. Wright, Beltran, Floyd and Delgado could be a powerhouse middle of the lineup.

If SD wins tonight, we will have a 1 game lead in the division race, but be tied in the tie breakers (3-1 div, 6-2 conf). If Denver and SD have the same wins and losses up until the last game and SD wins, then they will tie us in total wins/losses, but win the tie breakers, because by loosing to SD, we would loose to a conf and div opponent. That could of course change based on who each team loses too along the way.

sigpic

Comment

Right on man thanks for the help! And if the Mets dont win their division this year I dont think they ever will.
                    Sig by Snk16

Comment

haha yeah its awkward to think about, but the chargers and broncos both control their own destiny in terms of who wins the west

Comment

Working...
                      X